Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    DPS isn't that inflated in beta right now as some of you seem to think, in fact, most people do 5-7k single-target DPS on bosses(at level 85), the highest DPS i have seen so far was a hunter with 11k DPS (he had all 277gear + 284gun from LK25HC). Fury damage almost halved ... i'm doing 5-6k single-target at level 85 with shadowmourne and almost all 277 + a few leveling-blues. Oh, and i have 78k health from that same gear.

So i don't think you will see people 2-shotting each other in PvP for some time.
    wait, why are you still using shadowmourne???? that lvl 83 blue has about 500 more top end dmg...go get one of those and test dps...

Deleted

Lightbulb

I still gotta pre-order cataclysm... I pre-ordered Dead riseing 2 and Fallout New Vegas but haven't got to cataclysm I eventuly have to.

Deleted
    Such a epic video! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    wait, why are you still using shadowmourne???? that lvl 83 blue has about 500 more top end dmg...go get one of those and test dps...
    I would, but that level 83 mace you are referring to drops in Grim Batol, for which you can sign up in the LFD tool starting at level 84. And to be able to sign up, you have to have an average ilvl of 305(items in your inventory count too), which is not that easy to get. Because of that wait-times for Grim Batol/Halls of Origination are sometimes 1-2h as DPS. Oh, and then there is that nice bug that sometimes crashes your client as soon as you mouseover the first mob in a dungeon. :-/

I thought spell power was being removed in Cata? Or is the spell power gem only being removed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hasn't started changing numbers on abilities and alot of talents/masteries to balance the DPS classes; don't know why people can't get this into their heads. My guess is that the pre-cata patch will give them the best feedback as to which classes are underpowered or overpowered, just like the insanely unbalanced patch before WotLK shipped.

Also: "Like everything else in beta, these are subject to change. We're close to being able to get more max-level PvP feedback and will buff or nerf abilities accordingly."-GC
    Guess that solves the debate as to whether this game is balanced around PvP or not..

Edit:Spellpower will remain only on weapons as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Snes; 2010-09-04 at 10:03 PM.

I find the new dumbed down stats on gear terribly boring. I'm really not looking forward to that aspect of Cata.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    I find the new dumbed down stats on gear terribly boring. I'm really not looking forward to that aspect of Cata.
    I think you may underestimate what all the new gear and itemization conveys. If you look at the plate one, the healer pants in essence have Stam, Int, Spellpower, Crit, and MP5 on them. Its just you get spellpower merged with int and mp5 is just spirit now. Same itemization, you could argue simplified, but its mostly getting used to attack power being merged onto strength & agility. Plus spellpower being merged onto int. Its not so much boring as it is more straight forward. I don't feel we should have to scroll through itemization on some gear before we can tell if its an upgrade .

And as far as I knew, spellpower was going to remain on weapons to help balance caster weapon upgrades being a significant damage or healing increase similar to melee class weapons being a big upgrade.
    Last edited by Torahn; 2010-09-05 at 03:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm confused a little still, does that mean yet again Staves will never be Better then MH/OH combos or am i wrong?

Well the new areas look good, but why did they recycle all the outland mobs for it?

Okay i'm sorry but now i totally lost interest in doing LK raids.....those stats are just sick...

anyone happens to know the song on that muffin's video? from the first part as well hopefully?

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    i'm confused a little still, does that mean yet again Staves will never be Better then MH/OH combos or am i wrong?
    if you look at the offhand and add its stats to either of those 1h weps, the staff actually has slightly more in all stats making it better.

only caster weapons are going to have raw SP on them, the offhands don't.

By by shadowmourne hello cataclysm blues

anyone happens to know the song on that muffin's video? from the first part as well hopefully?
    Didn't get the first part soundtrack, but here's second parts.

Hans Zimmer: Half Remembered Dream (Inception Soundtrack)
    Two Steps From Hell: Ocean Princess
    Two Steps From Hell: Magika
    Epic Score: Siren's Call
    Audiomachine: Battle of the Kings
    Massive Impact: Call for Heroes
    Two Steps From Hell: Titan Dune
    Audiomachine: Sands of Time
    Last edited by Zerthec; 2010-09-09 at 09:07 AM.