Cataclysm Druid Agi to Dodge Ratio

Hey guys,

This is a numbers question for you feral druids in the beta.

Lets preface this by saying that, yes, I'm well aware that numbers change and all that, but I was curious how things are right now.

Compared to what you're using in live after the switch, how was your dodge?

Given that a lot of the gear you had going in to the beta had its agility increased and the latest gear that we've seen with numbers, it really looks like the feral druids could be shifting away from the typical tank rings/necks to eyeing the agi rings.

While the actual numbers may need work, reforging a couple of those threat stats in to Mastery it looks like we're in a really good place conceptually. Who doesn't love the idea of a Left Eye of Rahj to buff our threat, avoidance *and* mitigation (through Savage Defense)!

TL;DR: I'm curious if Blizzard went and nerfed the crap out of Agility's dodge scaling in the beta so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eberron View Post
    TL;DR: I'm curious if Blizzard went and nerfed the crap out of Agility's dodge scaling in the beta so far.
    Basically every stat -> % rating will be severely lowered at level 85 compared to level 80. That is Blizzards way of ensuring there won't as much capped stats (probably except hit/expertise) in Cataclysm so every that keeps being useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgi View Post
    Basically every stat -> % rating will be severely lowered at level 85 compared to level 80. That is Blizzards way of ensuring there won't as much capped stats (probably except hit/expertise) in Cataclysm so every that keeps being useful.
    Yeah, I'm well aware they're A) Scaling bosses, so Expertise you'll need for tier 11 won't be the same you'll need for tier 12, and B) Lowering our overall scaling at 85.

I guess I was a bit unclear. Have they nerfed the relative value of agility to dodge?

As it stands, due to armor provided, crit providing Savage Defense procs and the dodge values us bears are still using agility as our avoidance stat. Does that seem to continue in Cata?

Being able to use Agility for avoidance, a solid threat stat (providing AP) and Savage Defense procs for avoidance seems really damn keen. ^_^

So what you are asking for is if the agi:dodge ratio has changed on level 80 compared to what it is on live?

And whether or not it changed relative to the ratings?
    (While all rating requirements have increased massively, they mostly increased by the same factor. So if both dodge rating and agility per 1% of dodge have quintupled, they are relatively still the same) </ID-10t-disclaimer>

Current stat ratings at lvl 85 seem to have increased by 5.86x their lvl 80 counterparts. 1% melee hit will take 192.056 rating at 85 whereas it took 32.79 rating at lvl 80. Assuming stats will follow that same guideline, 47.84688995 x 5.86 = 280~ AGI per 1% of dodge.

192hit rating for 1% chance to hit seem "a bit" to much heh? I don´t think thats true. 280Agi for 1 % dodge seem pretty high too but all of the AP is gone in Cata, so there is way more Agi on the gear, so this can be right.
    But 192hit rating? never

Maybe you should read the news more often. 192 hit rating is the new value, while the agi number is just hypothetical.

And it's not just hit, all rating requirements where increased to around 200 per 1%.

We've lost 8% stats (Survival of the Fittest + Improved MotW) in Cata, not to mention that with DR (diminishing returns) the Agi -> Dodge would depend on how much you already have.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

If you want the general idea of what your avoidance will be like, just pretend you're in ICC all the time in your current gear. That's going to be your avoidance roughly... and the way my char sheet in the beta is turning out, it's pretty close to that. Crit's also very much lower than it is on live.

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 04:19 PM ----------

This is more a side-thought a "couple" hours later... but still relevant!

From the itemization that's been released so far, it's looking like the stamina values for "tanking" and "melee DPS" items are the same... which might mean we will prefer all agi items again. Once I hit 85 and see agi and dodge rating side by side, I'm sure the answer will be definitive in terms of avoidance (while I think they will be superior from crit/TPS perspective before reforging).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville