Thread: Tanking in cata

Tanking in cata

ok, so I have been reading the blues and def is going away.
    What is going to make a tank a tank?
    I've got tons of stamina, but as a DK, how am I going to protect against the crits?
    Also, it looks like I can't lower the cool down on DnD, true? :P
    I looked in the tree and didn't see a talent for crits or DnD.
    I'm sure it's been addressed, but I guess I missed it.

Thanks all!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ntrolled+Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by rhcreed View Post
    I've got tons of stamina, but as a DK, how am I going to protect against the crits?
    Via talents. All tanks will use this "system" which ferals already use today. As a Deathknight you will get your crit immunity from Improved Blood Presence.

Quote Originally Posted by rhcreed View Post
    What is going to make a tank a tank?
    The same things as today minus defense rating: stacking stamina/armor/parry/dodge.

Basically with casuaclysm being a tank only means you have to have limitless patience, and a antinerdrage button.

That and possibly the ability to not want to kill yourself after evry fail pug.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    All tanks will be uncrittable through talents. Tanks will still have much more health, armor, avoidance, and mitigation than dps.

DnD and Consecration aren't meant to be standard AoEs anymore. Blood Boil will be your primary source of AoE threat.

higher mitigation/avoidance than other specs + extra health + crit immunity from bosses through talents
    = less strain on the healers
    = save more mana( which will be an issue in boss fights according to blizzard)
    I guess

thx for info,
    if pestilence is going to be an unholy thing, and I'm supposed to rely on blood boil, how will that work since blood boil gets most of its juice from the diseases on targets, and we usually use pestilence to spread them?
    will DKs be expected to plague strike and icy touch each target before a blood boil? Seems like scooping mobs will get a lot tougher..