Thread: Hit Cap wat

Hit Cap wat

So, the other night in a raid we were on Rotface. Pretty average. Then I see on my MSBT 'Aimed Shot- Miss!'

...what? I'm supposed to be and am hit capped. The same thing happened on BQL the other week. At 232 hit rating and missed another aimed shot. Is this a glitch or what?

Armory.

Did you recently switch from Alliance? Remember that you no longer have the 1% buff from Draenei, if so. Your hit cap is no longer 7%!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Did you recently switch from Alliance? Remember that you no longer have the 1% buff from Draenei, if so. Your hit cap is no longer 7%!
    ...derp.

Such a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    ...derp.
    Sherlock has solved the case yet again. I'm off to play the violin.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-09-04 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Such a dick.
    Uh. K.

You mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me once too.
    Along with all big numbers, briefly one yellow "Miss" appears.
    Odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    ou only have 5.34% ish from gear, 2% specced. meaning you are on 7.34% ish. You need 8%.

Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    Happened to me once too.
    Along with all big numbers, briefly one yellow "Miss" appears.
    Odd.
    Assuming you are properly hit capped, there's a couple reasons this may happen. A miss debuff on a boss (such as Putricide's choking gas) can cause it, or if you're on Alliance, you may have briefly outranged the 40 yard range of the nearest Draenei's Heroic Presence aura, and in that brief time, smashed into the RNG wall and hit that 1% miss.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-09-04 at 06:56 PM.

Assuming you are properly hit capped, there's a couple reasons this may happen. A miss debuff on a boss (such as Putricide's choking gas) can cause it, or if you're on Alliance, you may have briefly outranged the 40 yard range of the nearest Draenei's Heroic Presence aura, and in that brief time, smashed into the RNG wall and hit that 1% miss.
    This is why I've never believed that it was a good thing to count on having a Draenei nearby XD
    Always aim for 8% and you won't have to count on someone else not screwing up. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    This is why I've never believed that it was a good thing to count on having a Draenei nearby XD
    Always aim for 8% and you won't have to count on someone else not screwing up. ^^
    It's one reason my hunter is a draenei Up until getting a few upgrades (4set 277 etc) I was at 100% (exactly 1400 unbuffed) ArP, 132 Hit (+3% Talented, +1% Draenei). Couldn't have been more perfect
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Or our favorite blue friend is dead

Deleted
    Its like the RNG on my priest when my first VT, which has about 0.05% chance to miss (Before Misery is applied, I'm over hitcap by a lot) misses... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Did you recently go over the hitcap, respec out of some hit talents, and then upgrades caused you to loose some hit rating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post

Did you recently go over the hitcap, respec out of some hit talents, and then upgrades caused you to loose some hit rating?
    He faction changed apparently