Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    inb4 flame war from this guy
    What war? I prefer the Horde but I have Alliance 80s - I just think the old Azeroth leaned slightly in favour of Alliance, but they're correcting it for gameplay purposes. I'm glad the Horde is losing places too, for a smoother levelling flow.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    The reason I rolled a NE from vanilla til know, is because lorewise, they are the forsaken of the alliance. NE think the members of the alliance to be naive and childish. They don't trust anyone, and have been around sense the beginning. As they have been alive for thousands of years, and only in the past 5-6yr(?) have they been without immortality.

I was 100% sure in tBC and in cata that NEs where going to become the assholes they are supposed to be, like they are in lore. Instead they are the only ones adding fractions to the alliance, and have no controversy at all. NEs are the oldest race in wow, but all we get, after waiting 5yrs for them to update old zones mind you, is a gay little feud between an orc and a human, who's personalities are identical. I bet they become best-friends come 4.3
    blame knaak for the n elf change

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Just glad that the world is becoming balanced, after being Alliance-biased.
    Shouldn't it have been balanced that way? You all *just* got out of the alliance's internment camps, and you are a very new faction.

Common sense much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    Shouldn't it have been balanced that way? You all *just* got out of the alliance's internment camps, and you are a very new faction.

Common sense much?
    I absolutely agree! I wasn't saying the world should have been perfect whatsoever, but for both gameplay and plot viewpoints, I think it's a good thing.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Remember ,the last time the Alliance seemed to lose against the Horde, the Horde ended up in shackles and the Alliance won .. Just saying !

Someone wrote a bad book, and the entire NE race is reduced to nothing more then BEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Remember ,the last time the Alliance seemed to lose against the Horde, the Horde ended up in shackles and the Alliance won .. Just saying !
    if bilzz can pull of cataclysm aka Warcraft 1 and 2 2.0. not ending like warcraft 2 then ill be convinced bilzz ant running out of ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    He's right. That's what Garrosh has to be careful about if he wants to win against them. The Alliance can bounce back from anything

What is the one thing the Alliance lacks, that the horde has? A sense of faction pride. Notice how people seem to react to what we are losing and start showing the begining of faction pride for the alliance! We never really had this before, because our story lines never called for it. Never in our starting zones did we actually fight the legit horde. While on the horde side you constantly kill members of the alliance while leveling.

on another note
    Garrosh and sylv are supposed to be hated by alliance so yea its working. if horde dislike them they need to read lore and get over it
    The alliance are still together. that's the difference. Think about it. Sylvanas is untrusted and doing strange things with the plague and the undead rising. Cairne is slains and vol'jin wants nothing to do with what the horde are doing atm.

I disagree. People always bitch and moan in BGs about alliance losing. If anything, I think this will just get more complainers to complain and make the rest of us not care even more.

Well, I don't really think the alliance are "losing", the Alliance is has taken some land. Alliance have more of Dustwallow, a new shiny base in Swamp of Sorrows where they arewinning, half of southern barrens, ect. The horde have taken more land, but you have to add in the fact that they have lost two faction leaders, there's a hate triangle between Vol'jin, Garrosh, and Sylvanas, and they have worse relations with outside factions than the Allaince does (see Grimtotems, druids that they just bombed, Tirion can't be happy with the new plague, ect.) Yes, the alliance do have better relations, the only big outside faction I can think of is the Defias, and we're killing VanCleef Jr. so that problem should be solved (majority of the Dark Irons are now in the alliance fyi.) Both factions are also tied in a lot of categories though. Orcs brought in the Dragonmaw and the other fel orcs, Dwarves bring in the Wildhammers and Dark Irons (Horde have trouble with the Dragonmaw when trying to make peace with them and Alliance have trouble with a Dark Iron rebellion group), Horde pick up the Goblins and their tech (which is what they lack against Alliance) and the Alliance pick of the worgen and their bestal strength (which is what they lacked against the horde), Garrosh is hot-headed flamer wearing tight black jeans, and Wrynn's chin adjusts his balance to the perfect amount to where he can use heroic leap. My point is, they're even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Someone wrote a bad book, and the entire NE race is reduced to nothing more then BEs.
    i miss the amazonian night elves ive read of in lore

btw cata seems to bring back some of it

---------- Post added 2010-09-04 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matran View Post
    Well, I don't really think the alliance are "losing", the Alliance is has taken some land. Alliance have more of Dustwallow, a new shiny base in Swamp of Sorrows where they arewinning, half of southern barrens, ect. The horde have taken more land, but you have to add in the fact that they have lost two faction leaders, there's a hate triangle between Vol'jin, Garrosh, and Sylvanas, and they have worse relations with outside factions than the Allaince does (see Grimtotems, druids that they just bombed, Tirion can't be happy with the new plague, ect.) Yes, the alliance do have better relations, the only big outside faction I can think of is the Defias, and we're killing VanCleef Jr. so that problem should be solved (majority of the Dark Irons are now in the alliance fyi.) Both factions are also tied in a lot of categories though. Orcs brought in the Dragonmaw and the other fel orcs, Dwarves bring in the Wildhammers and Dark Irons (Horde have trouble with the Dragonmaw when trying to make peace with them and Alliance have trouble with a Dark Iron rebellion group), Horde pick up the Goblins and their tech (which is what they lack against Alliance) and the Alliance pick of the worgen and their bestal strength (which is what they lacked against the horde), Garrosh is hot-headed flamer wearing tight black jeans, and Wrynn's chin adjusts his balance to the perfect amount to where he can use heroic leap. My point is, they're even.
    its a good thing the title says seemingly losing

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    It's just common sense. If you're trying to downplay the intelligence of someone, you should represent that state of mind to which you are defending.

Because spelling and grammar are great indicators for intelligence?
    Id say they are about as good as Gearscore is at rating ppls skill.

Hate to use this but: "NEWSFLASH! not everyone here has English as their native language. That doesn't exclude French ppl for example to show the stupidity of an English person. Even if he does that with faulty grammar/spelling"
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    I've yet to see anything that suggests the Alliance is losing.
    Indeed. From the stuff i have been watching it seems to be pretty even. They lose over here but gain over there.

Blizz will never lavish attention over one faction. Both sides will gain as much as they lose. It will just be lines on the map moving about a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Indeed. From the stuff i have been watching it seems to be pretty even. They lose over here but gain over there.

Blizz will never lavish attention over one faction. Both sides will gain as much as they lose. It will just be lines on the map moving about a bit.
    its a good thing the title is seemingly losing

wow is grey
    get over it[/QUOTE]

leave colors out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    We lost before and ended up winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    We lost before and ended up winning.
    seemingly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    A real Orc? Pfft.... A real orc is an orc like Durotan, Orgrim and Thrall... "Real" orcs change the world, and save their people, instead of creating memes!

Edit:

Imperfection makes for better stories eh? Because Garrosh' story is just so damn awesome right.... right?... Yeah no....
    You're sorely mistaken, Real orcs are like Doomhammer, Grom, Garrosh..etc, not Thrall.

if horde dislike them they need to read lore and get over it
    -.-
    Yes, I'm supposed to just read the lore and be thrilled at the direction Blizzard is taking the Horde.
    I like Thrall. You can get over it. Sylvanas is basically just the Lich Queen now. We spent an entire expansion to kill the Lich King for nothing.
    ಠ_ಠ