Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If we introduced it like the 2nd exampled it would be a DPS and Utility mastery. Mastery rating could increase the healing and the extra holy damage.

And yes I didn't mean +holy damage but an additional 1-2% of your attacks is added on holy damage like Necrosis and shadow damage for DKs. It would act much like the old version of flametongue weapon, granting the group a holy damage proc. You could even increase the numbers, but give it a 40% chance to proc each attack instead of every single attack.

This works great lorewise and classwise too since its short term buffing aura. Why wouldn't you want an aoe HoT added on to your big nuke that also increased the groups' dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    And yes I didn't mean +holy damage but an additional 1-2% of your attacks is added on holy damage like Necrosis and shadow damage for DKs. It would act much like the old version of flametongue weapon, granting the group a holy damage proc.
    I could see Communion being changed to do the damage part of that. Be like your auras also cause your group/party members to do an additional 3% damage with all attacks as holy damage.

As far as buffing our self healing goes they either need to gives us a mastery that increases our total damage by a set % & heals us for a set % of our damage or change some talents so they buff healing spells when cast on self like selfless healer.

Or perhaps they could change the art of war to effect flash of light as well then require the art of war stack up multiple times reducing the cast time of those spells by a set % per stack like either 20-40-60-80-100% or 25-50-75-100% or 33-66-100% that would ensure we cant spam them but still increase our self healing potential like how feral druids, enhancement shaman & to a point rouges do with recuperate.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    ---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 10:16 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Why would a DPS class want a healing bonus? For a stat it would be OP in pvp, and almost useless in PVE. If I am DPSing a boss like crazy, the last think thats on my mind is the raid and who needs healing.
    And that would make u as blizzard stated a "bad" player, because surviving and help ur raid survive it's gona be a big thing in cataclysm, i can allreay see RL taking good hybrid classes so they can help out a little when needed like: crap i need some back up on tank(or other f*ck*r)!!! Retpala: k throwing some WoG or other heal!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by moscapt View Post
    And that would make u as blizzard stated a "bad" player, because surviving and help ur raid survive it's gona be a big thing in cataclysm, i can allreay see RL taking good hybrid classes so they can help out a little when needed like: crap i need some back up on tank(or other f*ck*r)!!! Retpala: k throwing some WoG or other heal!
    if that happens im going to reroll an non healing hybrid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    if that happens im going to reroll an non healing hybrid
    Maybe you shouldn't have rolled a ret paladin to begin with as that is what we really have always been about. Hell that's the main reason I rolled the class in the first place back in vanilla (granted our damage & tanking were crap then vs now but part of our core concept is that we can toss an occasional heal to help save an ally.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't have rolled a ret paladin to begin with as that is what we really have always been about. Hell that's the main reason I rolled the class in the first place back in vanilla (granted our damage & tanking were crap then vs now but part of our core concept is that we can toss an occasional heal to help save an ally.
    Occasional doesn't mean that we are supposed to cut our dps by half to back up the tank because healers sux. Period.

Ret were good in Wotlk to throw some FoL because it didn't affect that much our dps, AoW was nearly always up and we could always throw ourself or others a heal if needed, without hurting our dps. In Cata it's different, we have to give up our main attack to throw a heal. In Wotlk i was fine with it because we didn't have to give up a large part of our DPS to throw a heal, in Cata we HAVE to give up dps to throw a heal, so no, we don't want to heal anymore if it's to loose Half our dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    How can they single out one spell, that is essentially the same as another and call it overpowered.

I'm more worried about Blizzard's putrid logic of nerfing ALL Holy damage just because ONE spell hits hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    If we introduced it like the 2nd exampled it would be a DPS and Utility mastery. Mastery rating could increase the healing and the extra holy damage.

And yes I didn't mean +holy damage but an additional 1-2% of your attacks is added on holy damage like Necrosis and shadow damage for DKs. It would act much like the old version of flametongue weapon, granting the group a holy damage proc. You could even increase the numbers, but give it a 40% chance to proc each attack instead of every single attack.

This works great lorewise and classwise too since its short term buffing aura. Why wouldn't you want an aoe HoT added on to your big nuke that also increased the groups' dps?
    ah great a mastery that will make it so every raid has atleast 1 ret pally that is forced to stack mastery and nothing else even if he does crap damage himself.
    a mastery like this will just turn us into a glorified totem we will be brought for this buff and not or personal dps or how good a player we are since every raid will want to ahve this buff to boost their mele dpsers
    so no i do not like this idea since i dont want to be a mastery stacking buff bot.

Or the Mastery is similair to our 2p T10 bonus.
    As in that it lets us use, Divstorm (and since TV is the single target replacement of DivStorm)
    So now it lets us use DS and TV more often/random.

Mastery: Increases the chance that your TV and DS will consume 0 HP. (cannot occur more then once every X sec to prevent RNG OPness)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Or the Mastery is similair to our 2p T10 bonus.
    As in that it lets us use, Divstorm (and since TV is the single target replacement of DivStorm)
    So now it lets us use DS and TV more often/random.

Mastery: Increases the chance that your TV and DS will consume 0 HP. (cannot occur more then once every X sec to prevent RNG OPness)
    We have enough RNG procs that if we get something like this we pretty much won't have a rotation. I would rather have something that like RV which procs a DoT or something that makes our attacks cause an extra holy damage.

Deleted
    the problem with proccing a dot is that it breaks CC in pvp wich would make mastery rather abd for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    the problem with proccing a dot is that it breaks CC in pvp wich would make mastery rather abd for pvp
    you mean like how they said righteous vengence would no longer break repentence... and than they just had repentence remove righteous vengence but not blood vengence... yeah that was genius.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    you mean like how they said righteous vengence would no longer break repentence... and than they just had repentence remove righteous vengence but not blood vengence... yeah that was genius.
    yes exactly like that

yes exactly like that
    don't you just love the blizzard devs train of thought?

Dev 1: ok paladins complain about repentence breaking to their talents
    Dev 2: lets not have the talent break it anymore
    Dev 1: damn that is a good idea, what about seal of vengence?
    Dev 2: laugh our asses off
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well They could add a minor glyph that causes repentance to remove all dot effects on the target when used, hell they could make it do that as a base secondary effect if they wanted to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well They could add a minor glyph that causes repentance to remove all dot effects on the target when used, hell they could make it do that as a base secondary effect if they wanted to.
    Or make it act like Hex... doesn't break on damage, lasts 1 minute, baseline, and has a 45 second cooldown...

With the current mastery Exorcism is far and away the hardest hitting attack ret has

Quote Originally Posted by Balkoth View Post
    With the current mastery Exorcism is far and away the hardest hitting attack ret has
    Wont last long, Devs already said they dont want this. our mastery will problably change to affect TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm glad they're changing the mastery. A flat +% to Holy damage is kinda boring, don't you think?

I'd be more than happy to see RV as the mastery, especially since it will now benefit from haste and crit baseline.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    actually i became a paladins because we do holy/physical damage while having self heals for lvl up or pvp purposes and istarted playing in mid bc when ret was not viable as a serious raiding spec, looking back at vanilla talent trees makes me wana cry who ever designed ret obviously hated his job and the class cuz it was so crappy ... late on bc they buffed ret paladins to something more enjoyable for me then wotlk patch came we officially became a viable dps spec
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2010-09-09 at 07:15 PM.