Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i'd be more happy to not see righteous vengence as a mastery, it should of never been removed to begin with... give us something new and unique, not something that is already in the game.

Edit: i butchered the first 5 words in this somehow and it made no sense
    Last edited by Borigrad; 2010-09-09 at 07:44 PM. Reason: butchered
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Aildaris View Post
    We have enough RNG procs that if we get something like this we pretty much won't have a rotation. I would rather have something that like RV which procs a DoT or something that makes our attacks cause an extra holy damage.
    RNG procs adds to give more situational choices and demands better reactions for optimal dps. So far what RNG do we have? Art of war which is almost 100% there when you need it and a chance to gain 1 HP from certain attacks.

Thats not alot of RNG.

Having a static rotation is boring anyway. 1,1,1,14,1,1,1,1,4,1,1,1,1,5, rinse repeat.....that is just mind numbing

A intiricate priority system is much more fun. One where you cant jsut mash buttons, because you dont have the HP or you need to spend the HP on something of great importance (inquisition) Thats a lot better.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    i'm be'd more apply to not see righteous vengence as a mastery, it should of never been removed to begin with... give us something new and unique, not something that is already in the game.
    blizzard is like an evil parent to us... they buy us new toys, let us play with them for a short time, and then burn them to see us cry!
    On topic: i highly doubt they will give us righteous vengeance as a mastery... lets cross our fingers and hope its not garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    blizzard is like an evil parent to us... they buy us new toys, let us play with them for a short time, and then burn them to see us cry!
    On topic: i highly doubt they will give us righteous vengeance as a mastery... lets cross our fingers and hope its not garbage
    Seriously righteous vengeance as a mastery? That would suck utterly.
    What is fun about a dot :S

Sure it gives more dps, but blizz will still nerf us if we do too much dps or buff us if we do too low. So dont say extra damage.

Automatically generated dots =/= fun
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post

Sure it gives more dps, but blizz will still nerf us if we do too much dps or buff us if we do too low. So dont say extra damage.

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=76595 and http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=11119 say hi? Or the warrior's mastery which gives a chance at a 50% melee swing, it isn't "fun" in the sense that it is automatic and would go unnoticed without something like Recount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    Honestly, I'm glad they're changing the mastery. A flat +% to Holy damage is kinda boring, don't you think?

Considering how much Holy damage we deal, I'd say NO, it would NOT be boring. Plus Holy damage is where the entire class idea is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Considering how much Holy damage we deal, I'd say NO, it would NOT be boring. Plus Holy damage is where the entire class idea is based on.
    Their major issue with the mastery seemed to be that it was kinda redundant with Inquisition, and that between the two of them they buffed our holy damage abilities entirely too much, putting them above even what is supposed to be our "best" melee attack, TV.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daos View Post
    Their major issue with the mastery seemed to be that it was kinda redundant with Inquisition, and that between the two of them they buffed our holy damage abilities entirely too much, putting them above even what is supposed to be our "best" melee attack, TV.
    Considering how clunky Inquisition was maybe they should have just removed it. We already had several RNG procs to handle as well asholy power to keep track of for Templar's verdict's & word of glory casts. Those things alone already made us take allot more skill & focus to handle then any other melee class.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=76595 and http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=11119 say hi? Or the warrior's mastery which gives a chance at a 50% melee swing, it isn't "fun" in the sense that it is automatic and would go unnoticed without something like Recount.
    This is why i simply love your posts! QFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post

At least a holy dot would be something we would notice easily & would bypass armor unlike many of the new abilities we have (Templar's verdict says high to increased armor on everything) There is also the fact that it would not be yet another RNG based ability that is completely random since it would always happen on a given condition.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    And those spells may say "hi", heck they might even buy me a drink or two, but still. They are boring as hell. The only Dots that aren't boring are dots that you put on your target manually. Like the warlock dots.

The fact that it does holy damage adds nothing to the fact that Blizzard has a set % margin for our damage to be holy. If we are under that margin due to the mastery changing, blizzard will buff holy attacks and nerf physical attacks, and if we are over that margin, holy attacks will be nerfed and physicals will be buffed.

The new mastery actually requires you to pay some attention and somewhat intrudes on our playstyle, other then .....after a bossfight we say to ourselves: "Hey guys, I just found out Blizzard didnt Remove RV. I still do a Holy dot on my target, must be baseline now"- Other guildie: "No, its your mastery.....yeah most ppl dont know its their mastery becasue no one really notices it after 2 weeks into cata"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ehm we get a new ret mastery

Hand of Light
    Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/76672/hand-of-light/

Also on WoWhead

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=90174
    they want us to want haste even more. i love it!

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Have to say I liked also. But again MORE RNG, this is going out of control.

We are the cassino spec: We have a % chance to be awesome or suck balls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm View Post
    Have to say I liked also. But again MORE RNG, this is going out of control.

We are the cassino spec: We have a % chance to be awesome or suck balls.
    Not forgetting most of those are "on strike" so facing a caster... :/

Deleted
    As i posted in another thread about this..

I would rather see this;

Righteous Vengeance: When your Judgement, Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Exorcism and Divine Storm spells deal a critical strike, your target will take 30% additional damage over 6 sec as holy damage. If Inquisition is active, the damage over time will occur 30% faster (increased further by haste effects ofc). Each point of Mastery Increases the damage by an additional 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    As i posted in another thread about this..

I would rather see this;

Righteous Vengeance: When your Judgement, Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Exorcism and Divine Storm spells deal a critical strike, your target will take 30% additional damage over 6 sec as holy damage. If Inquisition is active, the damage over time will occur 30% faster (increased further by haste effects ofc). Each point of Mastery Increases the damage by an additional 3%.
    And be even more dependent on critical strikes? No thanks. Also: Breaking CC without intention is not cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    And be even more dependent on critical strikes? No thanks. Also: Breaking CC without intention is not cool.
    Judgement, Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Exorcism will cause it.. That is 4 of the spells that WILL be used, that you won't skip at all.. So yes.. i don't see a problem with critical strikes..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Judgement, Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Exorcism will cause it.. That is 4 of the spells that WILL be used, that you won't skip at all.. So yes.. i don't see a problem with critical strikes..
    but the thing is that many people don't like the retribution spec to be so crit dependent, i for one want haste. should my damage then be critically punished because of me not wanting crit rating. balance beetween stats is needed!!

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    but the thing is that many people don't like the retribution spec to be so crit dependent, i for one want haste. should my damage then be critically punished because of me not wanting crit rating. balance beetween stats is needed!!

I see, But what i said was just a suggestion.. but for the love of god, please don't let the new model of mastery get to live, a spec that is RNG based is just lame :/