Poll: Is auto shot an ability or no? :P

Thread: Auto shot

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slanyou View Post
    Ok listen up boys, me and my friends have been discussing alot lately is auto shot really an ability or not? xD
    Listen up boy, auto shot is an ability. /thread

Are melée auto attacks considered abilities?

:O

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering auto shot IS in your spell book...and auto shot affects certain procs for hunters...so in spellbook? check Creates extra dmg for hunter by triggering procs? check
    Yea i'd say it's an ability.

I remember when auto shot was on the number 1 key when I created my hunter... And how, even today, some people RAID with it (and auto attack) on 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesgetndown View Post
    I remember when auto shot was on the number 1 key when I created my hunter... And how, even today, some people RAID with it (and auto shot) on 1.
    fixed.

OT: yes auto shot is an ability, rogues,warriors have shoot wich just shoots arrows and you need to keep it pressing to shoot an arrow/bullet off?(might be wrong there). while auto shot activates when you press it and it keeps shooting auto and it has a 15% ranged hastee build in. sounds like an ability to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like saying is auto hitting with weapons an ability. No, it's passive, there is nothing to keep track of with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    It's like saying is auto hitting with weapons an ability. No, it's passive, there is nothing to keep track of with it.
    But that isn't important, you don't "keep track of it..." that is like saying you don't count the number of times you hit heroic strike, for example. Does that make it a passive?

Auto-shot isn't a passive, as it isn't always effecting you, you HAVE to ACTIVATE it as an ABILITY. It is an ABILITY that only hunters get that you activate to shoot your ranged weapon for you, with an effect that means you are firing with 15% increased hate. How do people not understand this?

I'm not trying to say you are all wrong because you don't agree with my opinion. It isn't a opinion. It is a simple statement of fact. Auto-shot is an ability. End of.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a passive hunter ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    It is a passive hunter ability.
    *Bursts into tears*
    But it isn't. You have no idea what you are talking about. If it was passive, you wouldn't be able to put it on your action bar. Like racials that effect the level of your professions.
    Dear God I am loosing my faith in humanity by seeing this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    *Bursts into tears*
    But it isn't. You have no idea what you are talking about. If it was passive, you wouldn't be able to put it on your action bar. Like racials that effect the level of your professions.
    Dear God I am loosing my faith in humanity by seeing this thread.
    How many people use it on their action bars? By its use, it functions as a passive. You get it at level one, and forget it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many people use it on their action bars? By its use, it functions as a passive. You get it at level one, and forget it.
    as pvp hunter, i always have it on my bars and hotkey. activating it is of course nearly never necessary, but deactivating it manually is.
    so if you forget it, that doesn't mean it has no use. most hunters don't have raptor strike on their bars, right? that doesn't mean it's not an actual ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    as pvp hunter, i always have it on my bars and hotkey. activating it is of course nearly never necessary, but deactivating it manually is.
    so if you forget it, that doesn't mean it has no use. most hunters don't have raptor strike on their bars, right? that doesn't mean it's not an actual ability.
    Fair enough, although whenever I pvp, I just deselect my target to stop auto shot. Either way, I concede, I suppose it is an actual "ability" even though you don't actively control it.

Deleted
    Shoot is an ability, Auto-Attack is an ability. White hits with your weapon is an ability. the UI activates it by default when you do yellow attacks or right click. Eveything is a separate ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Autoshot is an Autoattack for us Hunters since we are meant to be at ranged. Even spellcasters using a Wand has it on "Autoshot" since they continue shooting until they press to stop. While melee can shoot with a ranged weapon they don't have a real reason to continue shooting during a long duration since it would just nerf their attack.

So basicly, if Autoshot is an ability then so is Autoattack :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, although whenever I pvp, I just deselect my target to stop auto shot. Either way, I concede, I suppose it is an actual "ability" even though you don't actively control it.
    that's the point i guess. it's an ability, that just doesn't need to be used manually most of the time. but that doesn't mean it's a passive one, like many seem to think.

I would agree with you, in a game like this maybe some may see it as an "ability", but agian that depends on how people define an ability, for en example it kind of makes sence that auto shot is something automatic therefor not an ability because you wouldn't activate it (sometimes you do maybe, VERY rare), you press aimed shot and auto shot comes by itself, therefor not an ability (agian thats how I define it, very different from man to man I guess.)

That's the issue Slanyou. You did not ask if we thought it SHOULD be an ability, you asked if we thought it was.

Now, unlike you, we have a cursory understanding of the English language (sans the tards here who durped their way into infamy saying it wasn't an ability).

When asking "Is this an ability?!" you're pretty much resigning yourself to the fact that we are all universally defining an ability as established by the parameters of the game. In the video game World of Warcraft created by Blizzard Entertainment, later licensed by Activision, © 1995 - 2010, the ability "Auto Shot" is an ability. There is no "but in my opinion", there is no "but maybe". It. Is. Fact.

You get nothing, you lose. Good day sir. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. I don't know how the community can make this any more clearer to you. This is not an argument worth having because there is no debate. There is no dichotomy. You are flat out wrong. We are right. Do you understand the words that are being typed here?

Hopefully /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    ALRIGHTY BOYS AND GIRLS LIIIIISTEN UP! (apply thick southern accent for effect) To say that auto-shot, or even auto attack isnt an ability is retarded, heres why!
    1.Auto-shotnly hunters have it, it allows you shot your white hits while shooting your other abilities ie unlike warriors and rogues who would have to stop their rotations to shoot(LAWL!!).
    2.To say that auto attack doesnt need to be watched means you have never ever played an arms warrior who has to watch his swing timer for the best slam time as well as heroic strike time.
    3.it has a cooldown, that CD is directly related to the bow/gun/crossbow your using and its reload time, but hey its still a cd. Auto attack has a cd too, 2h-ers have a longer one then 1h-ers :P.
    4.BLIZZ SAYS SO THEREFORE IT IS LAW!!!!!
    5.Auto-shot is NOT found in the general tab of the spellbook(shit wowhead's chest it aint wow itself, and therefore what wowhead says about abilities does not apply to this argument)it is however found under the marksman tab of the hunters spell book.

so with those 5 reasons i win your wrong slanyou give your friend his 5$ and his BJ and hang your head in shame cause you lost kthxbye!
    Prepare your anus! THE EWOK DAWN COMES FOR YOU ARTHAS!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshavah View Post
    2.To say that auto attack doesnt need to be watched means you have never ever played an arms warrior who has to watch his swing timer for the best slam time as well as heroic strike time.
    you don't even need a warrior for this. every good hunter should know when his/her auto-shots are going off.

Deleted
    Ok, then using idols for paladins, druids, deathknights and shamans is an ability. We can proc these abilities by equipping it but some of them needs a specific spell to proc up. Auto-shoot seems to be an ability but auto attack could be put under one of the class pages of the spellbook. It still wouldn't meam its an ability at least for me. Everything is an ability if you take a look at the game mechanics. Have you ever thought Rejuvenation as a buff? Its a buff. You get a self regeneration for a period of time, its a single target low duration buff. If you accept this than you can see that nearly every spell in the game is a buff/debuff or a casted spell. Some casted spell causes buffs/debuffs. But you are not really looking at the game like this, are you? If not, then you shouldn't consider auto attack as an ability. Since auto shot does the same, its not an ability then. Its just not on the same page as other auto attacks. I never considered wanding an ability. If i can use a wand that means i have a button to use it, but still i think about it as a white attack. Everybody can auto attack even in real world. Thats a fact indeed that Blizzard don't let everybody have this for every weapon. It works like this to prevent melee classes to hit you continously when they out of melee range. Built in haste is not an ability, i have built in intellect...
    If Blizzard say its an ability its still not for me, if you want to think of it as an ability then lets do.