Disable my old account?

Hey guys!

I really need your opinions about something. My GF told me about this site, told me there were some cool guys here, so I registered for questioning

Nowadays I don't have a WoW-acount of my own, only play sometimes on my girlfriends account (which are on my b.net account). I have a level 46-mage and I really love playing with him, would not want anything else.

I used to have another account, which is on my own name. I game that one up many years ago to a (not so close) friend of mine, and for what I knew (uptill some days ago) he was happily using it.

I've recently got more informed about this Real-ID thing, I kinda had to since my GF's wow account is on my Real-ID b.net account (or how you say it).

This is when I got worried, I do not want my friend, that I do not know so well, to use my account in my name when this Real-ID is active. Maybe my name is used for things I do not agree with, maybe he does something with my name that gets my b.net account in trouble. I don't really know, but well, I don't like this...

So I call up my friend and tell him that I am going to take the account back. He explains to me that he has gone and sold my account to some random dude using my personal information (I nearly got on the 400km train just to slap him in the face).

So, now some1 I do not know have been playing my old account for years. I want to disable this account, do not want to use it on my own.

I'm afraid that I'm breaking some guy/girls dreams by disablimg an account that maybe means the world to them (I know how much WoW means to my girlfriend). But in the same way, I do not want some1 I don't using my personal information.

So, here is the questions;

1) Shall I disable the account?
    2) Is there any other way to solve it?
    3) Even tho I should not care, I'm afraid my friend will go into some legal problem cause there are money involved (or even I cause he used my name). Can something happen if I disable the account?

Thanks in advance

/vexxan

Wow, seems like your in a pickle. Im not exactly sure what you should do, but I hope somebody helps you with your problem. =(
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us. -Peeb

in terms of that acc having ur name u dont have to worry , your name is not showed fully ,
    in what refeers to your buddy selling the account , if the person who bougth it payed via paypall to your friend / bank transfer to an acc of your friend , Legally u are not involved i think , but when it comes to blizzard they can , and probably do, blame you , also dont worry about legal issues cause u know its not like the persons who bougth weed goes to the cops saying man tha pot a guy soll me its not good , arrest him! , usually people who buy wow accounts and gets "scamed" dont go to the cops , cause you cant buy something that cant be sold

He sold the account you gave him?

Take that shit back. Anyone who buys an account in WoW doesn't deserve what they have. It's easy as shit to gear a character to the max. Maybe MAYBE a few months of work.

Again, recover that shit asap.

Yeah dude I'd take it back, get your cd key ready and such they might ask for that info on the phone, don't worry about the person who bought it they made a bad choice and will pay for it

Ya I would recover your account. People who buy accounts do so knowing they could lose it all at any time. If they truly wanted a secure account they would have made their own.