Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Elemental Invasion

If there's a post on this already I apologize.

But when do you guys think that they'll start the elemental stuff on live realms. So far they only have the occasional earthquake.

The doomsday cult thing will likely start in a week or two, with the invasion a couple weeks after that. Then 4.0.3, the Cataclysm itself, will come a week or two before Cata hits the shelves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, not till next tuesday?

10+ Year Old Account
    Replying for a bump on this post.. I was about to make a new topic and then I checked google once more about this very question.. hopefully this will be seen by others who are curious as well. I was expecting to see the event launched with 4.0.1.

I'm expecting the cult to arrive in the cities in a week (Oct. 19), a week of cultist activity until the Invasion begins (Oct. 26), a week of the invasion before patch 4.0.3, (Nov. 2), then a week of chaos before the Shattering (Nov. 9).

But I'm probably wrong.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Replying for a bump on this post.. I was about to make a new topic and then I checked google once more about this very question.. hopefully this will be seen by others who are curious as well. I was expecting to see the event launched with 4.0.1.
    It was. The Meeting of the Leaders and the increased intensity of the earthquakes around the world are the beginnings.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    I'm expecting the cult to arrive in the cities in a week (Oct. 19), a week of cultist activity until the Invasion begins (Oct. 26), a week of the invasion before patch 4.0.3, (Nov. 2), then a week of chaos before the Shattering (Nov. 9).

But I'm probably wrong.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 12:12 AM ----------

It was. The Meeting of the Leaders and the increased intensity of the earthquakes around the world are the beginnings.
    We also have to consider the possibility that there are stages of the event that weren't shown on the PTR. Things like the leadership shakeup in Thunder Bluff and Ironforge, and what Garrosh did that was so bad Carine challenge his right to lead the Horde and Vol'jin openly threaten his life.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    We also have to consider the possibility that there are stages of the event that weren't shown on the PTR. Things like the leadership shakeup in Thunder Bluff and Ironforge, and what Garrosh did that was so bad Carine challenge his right to lead the Horde and Vol'jin openly threaten his life.
    I'm kinda hoping that's what the last week of chaos before the Shattering will include. Elemental Invasion! Cairne dying! Magni being turned into stone! CHAOS!

Speaking of chaos, the new Frozen Orb is called Chaos Orb. Such a badass name, I hope they can follow it up with the equivalent to the Runed Orb.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow i wasnt expecting any one else to post on this beyond the first 3 or 5. But yeah I'd say they would release stuff more and more each week. But again as someone already stated we will see more pre-events

10+ Year Old Account
    So I didnt feel like making a new thread so Im gonna pull a Necro on this thread, that I created. When do you guys think we'll start to see some Cultists quests in orgrimmar? We're going into week 2 of the PTR as it is, and there are only 6 weeks and 2 days till release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necropoly View Post
    So I didnt feel like making a new thread so Im gonna pull a Necro on this thread, that I created. When do you guys think we'll start to see some Cultists quests in orgrimmar? We're going into week 2 of the PTR as it is, and there are only 6 weeks and 2 days till release.
    I imagine the next phase will be starting soon. Perhaps this Tuesday for the Twilight Cultists to appear, then a week or two of that until the elemental invasions begin.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Pretty sure they were just waiting for Blizzcon to happen, and with the next maintenance the switch will be flipped to start the invasion.

Deleted
    i think we will have twillight cultist for a week than for the elemental invasion that will rampup slowly

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    Pretty sure they were just waiting for Blizzcon to happen, and with the next maintenance the switch will be flipped to start the invasion.
    Yeah that's what I've been saying since 4.0.1. It was either going to be last week, or next so that everyone is actually in the office. They have made it clear in the past that it's barebones during the week of Blizzcon, and I don't see them adding any more bugs *cough*Horseman Freezes*cough* than they already have.

They're probably waiting for Hallow's End to...end.

In two Tuesday's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The doomsday cult thing will likely start in a week or two, with the invasion a couple weeks after that. Then 4.0.3, the Cataclysm itself, will come a week or two before Cata hits the shelves.
    Why would cata happen a week AFTER you got it? You dont buy an expansion, wait a few days and then have to download ANOTHER patch. That was surely said with no thought.

hopefully soon.. my sub runs out on the 13th.

and im saving money to get another month+cata.

and there isn't shit to do on the game right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snodgrass View Post
    In two Tuesday's time.
    Gee I hope not. Id really love for it to be 26th

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 05:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raein View Post
    They're probably waiting for Hallow's End to...end.
    Wouldnt it only require them to press a button to activate the quests though?