Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Level 85 Hunter CAMO ability - HD vid / thoughts

Hey guys and gals,

I'm curious what you think of the new level 85 Hunter camo ability? I have linked in a video of it in action (with commentary). Is it OP? Gonna get nerfed?

Rogues, are you QQ'ing?

http://www.youtube.com/user/tgnWorld.../0/IDVTNdj22Zk

Seems like hacks to me

Am I the only one getting a 404 error from that link?
    Signature goes here.

I think it's bugged atm, when you stand still in camo you gain stealth, but there's nothing different than that stealth and camo while moving so maybe mobs are supposed to see you while moving?

it looks interesting, it'll add a new brand of pvping for hunters but i'm interested to know if they have a talent that will improve it, if so then you could get some rogue qqing but so far it seems more in line with the feral stealth, with some fun looking perks.

Good point syko... very good point actually. I think the pvp aspect is gonna be interesting. Camo is prob op at the moment, and will be (mildly) nerfed.

I could be wrong though

10+ Year Old Account
    <33333 it! But I'm not a rogue
    I see that your profile picture on Facebook is a car....
    I didn't know that you were a Transformer..

Deleted
    looks cool. but all i wanna know is if u can take aoe dmg while in camo. And if u do, does it break it?

good question! I'll ask the video maker right now (I have him on skype).

Hang tight

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeVanous View Post
    Good point syko... very good point actually. I think the pvp aspect is gonna be interesting. Camo is prob op at the moment, and will be (mildly) nerfed.

I could be wrong though
    Currently players can target you in camo, but not attack you.. also if you stand still and gain stealth, I guess they can't see/target you then. I'm not sure if it will be that way when it goes live.

Thanks Kujja! I was looking into this, but you got the answer first Nice!

Im waiting for a nerf of this... its just too damn good and cool and makes me want to level both my hunters asap :P

NO NERF! PLEASE NO NERF!

This looks way too cool for its own good. PVP will never be the same!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntednt View Post
    Seems like hacks to me
    Definitely, you can stand in NPCs and not be detected, I hope that won't be true for PvP (similar to rogue stealth I hope.)

10+ Year Old Account
    cant wait to use this!"im in your base, shooting traps on your flags"

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    Was anyone else thinking...

Predator Clicking Noises >.>

... wtb infrared vision ability <.<
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Camo is a very nice ability for PvP, but as a hardcore PvE player I'm rather disappointed that we'll virtually never be able to use it in a PvE environment. The only thing I could imagine it being good for in PvE is if it happens to make bosses unable to target you as well (which I doubt) and you could therefore not have to deal with incoming attacks or abilities or something. It could also help along these lines if it allowed Mind Controlled targets to no longer target you, then you wouldn't have to worry about someone who's MCd killing you. It could also be nice if it worked like vanish and you could basically go into stealth mid-fight... but I'm pretty sure it doesn't/wont work that way.

All-in-all, it's a fun ability and I enjoy having it, but it's basically worthless to me as it is as a solely PvE player. (I occasionally PvP but not enough to care if I can stealth or not.) I hope to see them add some sort of damage modifier back into it, or to give us another (either a totally different ability and remove camo [again], or to give us an additional 85 ability for use in PvE)

Also, why the hell don't we have venoms anymore... they better be putting something good in

This is complete bulls**t. Mages wanted this before they even implemented Invisibility and they force-fed us horrible disadvantages (3 sec fade and no targeting or even seeing anyone) to have something even remotely close to this.

sweet probably gonna finish my hunter now
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords