Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Kill Thrall!?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Ofc Thrall won't die.

Blizz = LAzy bums. (who make a great game nonetheless)

So if they were gonna kill Thrall off they wouldnt have given him a new model.
    Why create a new model for a dude that wont be around for long.
    He could die at the END of the expac, since then the model has been sued long enough, but not any time soon.
    Same reason why Jaina, Garrosh, Sylvanas and everyone else with new models wont die any time soon.
    Bolvar's new model was only used once, or twice if you count the cinematic and his appearance in ICC seperately. Given that Thrall already has more appearances than that in Cata (Goblin starting zone, Troll starting zone, and the Maelstrom) I'd say it's a moot point.

There must always be a Thrall
    [img][/img]

5 buck says he helps u kill death wing and he get messed up in the end :s

Thrall will be on the verge of death, Deathwing just inches from tearing him to shreds... when all of a sudden...

*rolls dice*

Rexxar jumps out of the shadows and tames Deathwing as his new mount! Now Misha and Rexxar can ride in style...

Can't really see Thrall dying in Cataclysm. On the other hand I can't really see him being neutral for a long time either.

I'm sure he'll be involved in killing Deathwing. I'd assume Malfurion and Alexstrazsa and a few others would too. Malfurion won't die, that's a given. I doubt Thrall do either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    That's what I said with Patch 3.3 and everyone was thinking Jaina was going to bite it in Frozen Halls. They announced that she was getting a new model and I put the exact same logic down. Why would they give her a brand new model if they were just going to kill her.

It didn't work though. People still created "Jaina is going to die" rumor threads and they'll continue with dumb threads like this. WoW players are stupid, illogical creatures. :P
    that theory doesn't work so well, I mean Bolvar got his new model in 3.3, and look how long that model was seen in game, and look at how he ended up (not dead, but inactive)

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Thrall won't die in Cataclysm. Thrall will be the "Tirion" of Cataclysm.

(ergo, Thrall will be the orc-orgin, neutral NPC - like Morgaine, Tirion or Rhonin)
    do you realise how big of an insult that is ? The tirion or rhonin of cataclysm? ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    He won't die.

*SPOILARS*
    There's a quest in which you see a kind of dream sequence where Thrall and Nubundo (spelling?) are both killed by Deathwing. It doesn't really happen, obviously, but because of this I sincerely doubt they'll pull a, "Well, you thought he died, but now he's really dead this time," bs. Just like how they pulled the same bs stunt with Godfrey and Sylvanas. "OH NO, (Insert Faction Leader Here) IS DEAD. OH JK, THEY AREN'T REALLY DEAD LOL."

Of course he will die,
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...Funny/shit.jpg
    thats what blizzard will do though when we find out they killed thrall in the x-pac.

I REALLY don't understand the perspective of the "if he dies I quit" crowd. Thrall has been great for the hordes progression from a mindless mob of bloodthirsty orcs, wicked trolls, ogres and goblins to something that is sometimes a little more interesting, but at some point every character has to die off- why forsake the whole game because of 1 character?

Regardless; i think if Blizzard plan his death right, it could fit in at the end of cataclysm, but they would have to manage it right to deal with all the simple minded fanboys.

I would personally like to see Blizz keep Thrall on the DL (perhaps make us assume that he is dead, or perceived to be at least) throughout the entire xpac and then have him in some epic ending where he does some crazy shit with the elements and banishes/kills Deathwing.

Like, Garrosh makes some retard move and causes a huge deal which allows Deathwing a perfect opportunity to destroy both the Alliance and the Horde and Thrall comes and it is "GARROSH! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!" Epicness then ensues.

I could see it.

I enjoy character deaths, especially characters that are well developed. It just makes the impact all the more powerful. The only factor I am concerned with is the how.

Thrall sacrificing himself to kill Deathwing or while closing off the Maelstrom gets a shit load of cliche points in my book. Also, it does nothing but just reinforce him more as a mary-sue character.

I would prefer it if he died to protect... Garrosh. That's right I said it. Flame me all you want, but hear me out lol.

Blizzard seem content with Garrosh's position as a Warchief. However, players realize that this is a Warchief who is completely unintelligent, rushes in to combat without thinking, and is overall just a war-mongering relic of the Orcs in WC1/2.

I think that Thrall wanted Garrosh to learn values such as sympathy and justice, so that the other Orcs who are as war-crazed as Garrosh would follow in his footsteps. I believe that many of the Orcs share a strong hatred against the Alliance for what the Humans did to them in the past. If Garrosh could eventually break out from that chain of hatred, it would be a huge development for the Orcs as a whole.
    Thrall dying to protect Garrosh could be a huge buffer for Garrosh to head towards that path.

In Thrall's final moments, he might even just remember Grom and go like "Grom, you owe me one."
    I would love to see the Thrall - Grom relationship still being played out.

On the other side, we even see some signs of this going on in the Alliance. Varian's strong hate against the Horde is driving him away from his son, and possibly others close to him. It would be interesting to see Blizzard play that out to show just how far his hatred could destroy himself and those around him. Maybe if he realized that it would be time to let go of all the pain that the Orcs had caused, it would be a great step forward for the Humans. I actually hope Blizzard has great things in store or Anduin as well ^^