Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What kind of a man does the MMO Report without his shirt on?

A WINNER!
    Last edited by mmocab13e507ae; 2010-09-06 at 12:17 PM.

Crazy stats.

I have a feeling that the majority of people are gonna simply think, "you can only play 8 hours per week in FF14" regardless if that's exactly how it works. That's all they're gonna hear or see. They have completely mishandled the communication on this. I read some forums and have tried to learn more about it, but I'm still not 100% clear as to how it works. This means that anyone who hears or reads about it in passing will turn their nose up at the game and laugh at them being so stupid. Even if everything being reported about it isn't true.

Square/Enix has let the community decide how it gets reported and explained. They just fucked themselves out of many thousands of subs.

"It's like when my dad kisses me on the mouth." So damn funny.

Woowww MMO Report ftw lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are level 83 weapons, in a level 85 dungeon?
    *dreams*
    I hope they'll only upgrade the heroic loot to 85, and let no epics drop

Like Brittany said MMO Report got it completely wrong about the exp system in FFXIV. You get 8 hours of 100% exp, every hour after that reduces the amount of exp you gain until the percent is 0. No that is not 8 hours straight, the way it is, is that its actually a exp cap. Say there was no restrictions and you can gain say 15k exp in an 8 hour period grind fest, the way you gain exp in FFXIV is say you constantly kill stuff none stop you will see a reduced exp gain since your killing fast getting closer to the cap. If you say kill something every 5 to 10 mins you will get more exp then if you killed none stop. So once you reach the 8 hour exp cap you will start to get a reduced base exp for every hour.

Now to counter this after the 8 hour exp cap is reached you switch class to something and start lvling, you will gain 30 mins of surplus exp for every hour cap reached on another job. So say you reach the 8 hour exp cap on Lancer then switch to Pugilist and reach the 8 hour exp cap on that you will then receive a 4 hour surplus bonus to Lancer. After that say you switch to Gladiator get to the 8 hour exp cap, you will then have a 4 hour surplus bonus that you can use for either Lancer or Pugilist. The exp cap timer does not tick unless you are in combat, if you are just running around exploring the time does not reduce at all. So the MMO Report is incorrect when it says you only get 15 hours a week of exp, you get 225 hours a week of exp that's 15 hours per class and there are 15 classes. Now SE has stated they have a plan for those who reach the exp cap on all 15 classes within a week but have yet to say what it is.

So just because you reach the exp cap on 1 class doesn't mean you cant do anything cause you will have 14 other classes to play with.

damn , i thought shadowmourne would atleast compete with level 85 blues... but a level 83 blue ? thats a waste of a legendary ..

Fire Casey. This guy is way better.

megiechan being forced to switch classes does not in any way make it ok. It is not a "counter". It's a terrible PoS system that will crash and burn the title. Imagine if Blizzard forced you to log into other classes after X hours per week. People choose a class and like a class and stick with a class, switching to their alts when they are done with their main, because they choose to...not the game.

DFO sort of pulls this crap but that game is FREE. Enormous difference.
    Last edited by Eleveneleven; 2010-09-06 at 01:25 PM.

No agi two-hander for druid/hunters :<

I think it's a bloody disgrace that a level 83 blue weapon replaces a level 80 legendary, the jump in stats really is shocking, what are 85 raid weapons going to be like? I always felt Cata would be shit then I changed my opinion over time but looking at these weapon stats I think it's going to be 10x as bas as when WOTLK came out, that was just insane damage and 100% burst for months, and Cata looks like being worse, fucking joke.

i guess its going to be:
    lv 83 blues from normal lv 85 instances
    lv 84 blues from heroic lv 85 instances
    lv 85 blues from early lv 85 raids
    and lv 85 epics from patched raids later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I think it's a bloody disgrace that a level 83 blue weapon replaces a level 80 legendary, the jump in stats really is shocking, what are 85 raid weapons going to be like? I always felt Cata would be shit then I changed my opinion over time but looking at these weapon stats I think it's going to be 10x as bas as when WOTLK came out, that was just insane damage and 100% burst for months, and Cata looks like being worse, fucking joke.
    How does high weapon damage equate to a lot of burst? And replacing level 80 gear at max level 83 is a good thing. It means that we'll actually need to do heroics before even attempting raids. No leveling to cap in old gear and facerolling the raid content only to be bored for 6 months. WotLK was a massive mistake.

Deleted
    fire casey this guy is a better presenter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    How does high weapon damage equate to a lot of burst? And replacing level 80 gear at max level 83 is a good thing. It means that we'll actually need to do heroics before even attempting raids. No leveling to cap in old gear and facerolling the raid content only to be bored for 6 months. WotLK was a massive mistake.
    Agreed, for the first part anyway.

Old gear is old, and should be replaced ASAP. It's had its time and place.

Also, as you can see from the massive stamina upgrades in all item types, I really doubt that people would die in seconds a la WOTLK style.
    If a level 83 blue chest has 401 stamina, imagine how much would the first pvp tier chest have?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    damn , i thought shadowmourne would atleast compete with level 85 blues... but a level 83 blue ? thats a waste of a legendary ..
    Actually it doesnt even compete with a lvl 81 craftable blue sword.

Get over it. A waste of legendary ? You used it for a while in ICC and topped metters with it, right ? Also Arena +2k2 facerolling, maybe ? How is that a waste ? What did you expect, this legendary (not so legendary if you ask me, seeing how easy it is to make one) to last till T11 ? jeez.

mmo report doesnt work, it locks up, even on thier site.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltarus View Post
    Those are level 83 weapons, in a level 85 dungeon?
    *dreams*
    I hope they'll only upgrade the heroic loot to 85, and let no epics drop
    Unlikely, remember that the normal level 80 dungeons in WotLK only drop level 78 gear too, not level 80 gear. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, even the MMO Report completely bit the retard-bar and believed it.

http://thisismyjoystick.com/editoria...-really-works/

Everyone is being trolled and not even knowing the difference. (About Final Fantasy 14)

Edit - People keep bringing up 8 hours. It's not based on time. It's based on experience.
    Last edited by Fortuitous; 2010-09-06 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john18761 View Post
    fire casey this guy is a better presenter
    haha man i agree! i realy enyojed the MMO report !