Thread: Your eye-opener

Your eye-opener

Okay, got inspiered here by another thread that went trough the first raid experience. My thought begun to fly away when I had that one moment when it all connected to why I didn't do enough dps or how the game mechanic worked.

My guild was doing Lurker, we have just started raiding so we had some problems with the sprout and thingys. Then the RL started talking about top dps and sutch, my mage comes on the dashboard because I vary alot in dps, sometimes the top sometimes bodom. I said that I have no clue why this was the case. I started talking to a magefriend about speccs and suddently he just asks me, "How mutch do ya got in hit rating?" I was mute, I never thought that hit was something for caster to put in. I said that I had some from tallents and such and maybe one or two items had it. Lets just say that I've been playing since vanilla and didn't have a clue about this.
    Once he had gone trough what hit rating was all about I started to collect gear, and that was the time when I got my eyeopener.
    Happy troll since 2005

wat
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say my first one was when I hit level 80. I had played on a BC Private Server and I had the impression I was good with a Warrior. I was on my first HC - UP. I was DPSing and all of a sudden someone of the group asked me what abilities I was using. I replied Heroic Strike. He then told me I should use Bloodthirst and Whirlwind. That was the first eye-opener I had. Later on I watched Thegreatme's Fury Warrior Guide. Damn, you have no idea how much of an eye-opener that was...

Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    I'd say my first one was when I hit level 80. I had played on a BC Private Server
    I stopped reading there.
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This forum: Cataclysm General
    OP's thought process: ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    I stopped reading there.
    Should've continued. I've been playing on the EU servers for nearly 2 years now.

His signature says it all.

When I was in Mulgore on my first Tauren Warrior, I died from Plainstriders because I kept spamming Rend.

There. I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

about lvl 35 in vanilla beta, on my rogue, I stopped attacking for a few seconds and saw that the "attack" button was still lit up in red, thats when it hit me that auto attack is a toggled ability and i shouldnt mash it. Still took a few days to convince my mate to stop mashing it tho.

Got my first eye-opener when i realized what last stand really did. I always thought hit-points meant how easy it was to hit a mob...