Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Favourite scifi TV series

The other thread was about movies, this one is about TV series. So simple question, your favourite sci-fi tv series, why and some background info :P

Mine must be Star Trek: The Next Generation no doubt, i'm currently downloading them and watching, i was born in -93 so i didn't see it back then, but a tv channel here showed the first 2 seasons at some point and i loved it. Even thought the technology is old and at some places its funny, it's still one of the best scifi series ever.

My second favourite is Quantum Leap, Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell make an awesome pair, and the series came 2 or so years back. It was the highlight of my TV sunday. Aah, 6 hours straight in front of TV. Althought i didn't like the ending, the series overall was really fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek TNG, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka... there are many.

Battlestar Galactica was awesome.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Lexx. Giant ultimate dragonfly weapon spaceship of destruction.
    Silly show... probably why I loved it.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by deathmetalzf View Post
    Battlestar Galactica was awesome.
    Saying BSG was awesome is like saying Fat Bastard was a bit overweight.

I don't think there is a word that can accurately describe just how good BSG was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    BS:G Was Fine Little long winder in parts
    Star Treks: All fun, DS:9 Did get a title Dull At Times
    The Stargates: All Good- and Universe Was AWESOME

But My Fave Was A little Unknown one Called.

Space Above and Beyond..

Farscape of course. It's just awesome.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    Doctor Who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, tough one. For me it's either Star Trek (any of them except Enterprise), Lexx, or Stargate. I greatly enjoyed Babylon 5, and I'm currently going through the recent Battlestar Galactica .

dr who with the actor b4 the one we have now..newer guy makes me not wana watch it and sg1 was really good back in the day

beast wars if it counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Farscape of course. It's just awesome.
    hell yeah Farscape ftmfw still my favourite Sci-fi show, and just general show of all time.
    BSG comes in VERY close second, with Firefly bringing up third.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

One of my favourite series is The Prisoner (1967). But it's not space kind of sci-fi, it's more like spy fiction with elements of sci-fi.
    And beside Star Trek, a good show I watched when i was younger was Earth 2 (1994-1995); it was an interesting and fascinating concept, but they only made one season (22 episodes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViND_ View Post
    Doctor Who.
    Was gonna have to come in and smack some heads if no one said this. I've been watching the good Doctor for 30 years, and if they keep making new episodes, I will watch it for another 30.

Second place goes to Babylon 5, because it actually had a coherent plot and meaningful character development that spanned the entire 5 years of the series.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Musterion View Post
    Ooh, tough one. For me it's either Star Trek (any of them except Enterprise), Lexx, or Stargate. I greatly enjoyed Babylon 5, and I'm currently going through the recent Battlestar Galactica .
    Whats wrong with Enterprise? Thats the only one I can stand besides Generation. I can't really get into the first one because it looks so fake. I know it was done in the 60s so the technology isn't as good, but I can't even really 'open my mind' so to speak about it since it looks so obviously fake. Then Voyager was fairly boring, the only reason anyone watched that one was to stare at whats her face's chest.

I love all the Stargates, and the BattleStars are awsome, though I'm not as big of a fan of the new one so far. I like and will continue to watch it, I just think BSG was better.

Lexx was just plain awsome. I'm not sure if this show is available on dvd anymore, from a place I would trust giving my credit card info to anyway, so that makes me sad since I haven't seen it in so many years. I'm sad this show ended since it was always rumored there was going to be another season. Its to bad they didn't come out with a prequel show either so we could all see how things came to be. I mean how does the Giga Shadow become this super powerful god-like guy. Plus the whole undead Kai but can only move about with that fluid stuff wasn't really explained, at least from what I can remember. I could be wrong on this stuff though, I haven't seen that show in around 10 years. :-(

@ Andrac

The entire Lexx series was on Hulu last time I checked.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    @ Andrac

The entire Lexx series was on Hulu last time I checked.
    Oh shit, time to go buy a carton of microwave popcorn and a couple gallons of soda tomorrow morning. Thanks for telling me.

1)Firefly - My favorite hands down, the short run it had is a double edged sword. Sucks cause I want more, but it probably gave it the cult following it deserves.

2) Fringe - Walter.

3) BS:G - Love the gritty feel that made the essence of the show what it was, honestly it would rank higher if Chief's story went a little different. He was my fav.
    Last edited by Harker; 2010-09-19 at 09:52 AM.

Battlestar Galactica tops my list, and I think it's also the best show that's ever been on television. Space opera, personal drama, political fiascoes, religious wars, and above all it's ddaaaaarrrrrkkkk.

Firefly is by far my favourite TV series, mainly because the characters were all unique, the story line was incredible and it has enough humour in it to just set it apart from anything else. I still rage when I think that they cancelled it.

Other mentions should go out to - Stargate (one of the first Sci-Fi's I ever watched), BSG, Farscape and The 4400