Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Cataclysm Release Date Leak

Unofficial post by Aphel of mmowned.com

The source is a model editor and coder who has very, very good info. He had the Wrath dates and the Cata build updates days weeks before they were officially announced. His credibility thus far has been excellent, especially regarding lore predictions.

This just in! We have information from a reliable source that Cataclysm will launch 73 days from the current date. This means that Cataclysm may be released on November 18, 2010. While this is not an official announcement from Blizzard, we have good reason to believe that Cataclysm will be released anywhere between November 14th-18th. This means that we could see Patch 3.9 in mid to late September.

Patch 3.9 will launch all of the new 1-60 content, the new class/race combos (except Goblin and Worgen), and a host of pre-events that will culminate in Deathwing's emergence.

Tune in to MMOwned for more updates!

Note that this is NOT an official Blizzard news release. This is speculation from a very trusted source.

I hope this pans out, Blizzard hasn't done anything/mentioned the live version forever.

inb4 the flamers. Although personally what your saying seems legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    73 more days of leveling alts.
    Last edited by Irony; 2010-09-07 at 01:13 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

You will die in 73 days.

That seems like a reasonable release date. For the expansion, at least.

I'm pretty sure even blizzard doesn't know the release date...

10+ Year Old Account
    We shall see. Doesn't seem all that far fetched though.
    “Where books are burned in the end people will burn.”
    -Heinrich Heine

Cool news if true

i hope the patch thing is true...ICC is boring as hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds plausible, but I won't believe it because I don't want to be disappointed.

If you set the bar low, you can just walk right over it.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by superwowcat View Post
    Unofficial post by Aphel of mmowned.com

The source is a model editor and coder who has very, very good info. He had the Wrath dates and the Cata build updates days weeks before they were officially announced. His credibility thus far has been excellent, especially regarding lore predictions.

This just in! We have information from a reliable source that Cataclysm will launch 73 days from the current date. This means that Cataclysm may be released on November 18, 2010. While this is not an official announcement from Blizzard, we have good reason to believe that Cataclysm will be released anywhere between November 14th-18th. This means that we could see Patch 3.9 in mid to late September.

Patch 3.9 will launch all of the new 1-60 content, the new class/race combos (except Goblin and Worgen), and a host of pre-events that will culminate in Deathwing's emergence.

Tune in to MMOwned for more updates!

Note that this is NOT an official Blizzard news release. This is speculation from a very trusted source.

I hope this pans out, Blizzard hasn't done anything/mentioned the live version forever.
    Blizzard has said before that the new race/class combinations will not be available before the launch of the expansion.

There is still story to be done on things like the Sunwalkers and the Dwarf clans allying again before the new classes are made available to old races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    I'm pretty sure even blizzard doesn't know the release date...
    agreed..they dont even have female worgen models yet

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    Blizzard has said before that the new race/class combinations will not be available before the launch of the expansion.
    No, there was a recent interview where they said they would be coming out with 3.9.

It was in Poland too.

The actual release sounds possible, however there is alot of stuff to do and I do not think the 3.9 patch will be out this month. Was not even aware they were putting all the 1-60 content in that patch either..

Has 3.3.9 or whatever the operation gnomeregan/echo isles pach been ditched or is that 3.9 now?

Games are generally released on a tuesday(in America anywho) So according to your range of dates it'll release on Nov 16.

Right before thanksgiving weekend, nice.

Edit:Spell Check

mmowned has been right in the past....
    Cautious optimism.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

The pre-Cataclysm patch has to be tested on PTR first.

Quote Originally Posted by rfjuice View Post
    Games are generally released on a tuesday(in America anywho) So according to your range of dates it'll release on Nov 16.
    Wrath came out on a Thursday.