Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald View Post
    You are looking at it from just a game mechanic point of view. If you look at it from a lore point of view, it was 25 of Azeroth's most powerful warriors with the help of Tirion (or vice-versa) that defeated the Lich King. Not some band of random villagers.
    Those same 25 most powerful warriors that managed to foil Arthas' plans and kill his lieutenants all across Northrend, and foil most of his plans for world-domination? And then he let them go, time and time again?

Seems pretty moronic to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    We are ganna call blizzards idiots for anyone they do it , either he is confronted... dies and expansion over or we could let him retreat (even though fail) , so either way we are ganna call blizzard stupid but they got for the less stupid option... somehow...
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    The writing around him tells us he's a great warchief, but his actions don't match it.

For example, on the blimp ride to Twilight Highlands, he sends his air defenses after the Alliance, leaving the blimps open to attach by Twilight Dragons.

Unfortunately, he survived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Deathwing doesn't retreat, he advances in a different direction.

I think he will die, otherwise the expansion won't really end. Don't know though, we'll see.
    This, and moar of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    In lore, it was 25/10 of the most powerful heroes on all of Azeroth, the grand champions of the Argent Crusade and Ashen Verdict.
    fix'ed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald View Post
    http://www.ign.com/videogame-villains/41.html

You are looking at it from just a game mechanic point of view. If you look at it from a lore point of view, it was 25 of Azeroth's most powerful warriors with the help of Tirion (or vice-versa) that defeated the Lich King. Not some band of random villagers.
    QFT, the Lich King was actually smart. Had he killed us he would have had the strongest army in the world and would truly be unstoppable. Imagine him taking the strongest 25 heroes and Tirion, turning them undead and serving under him. Orgrimmar, Stormwind, everything would fall to him.

Deathwing isn't a coward, normally he's been faced with these situations and chosen the second one

1. He can fight, stay, die, end his reign of terror

OR

2. He can fight, flee when shit hits the fan, come back again and cause more devastation and chaos

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Only if we lost. But considering he managed to make an enemy of the entire planet and failed to beat 25 randoms and the guy sworn to destroy him... I'll stick with moron
    Are you daft? If it wasn't for Tirion's random, Mary Sue-ish Goku bullcrap at the end, the LK would have 25 of the worlds most powerful champions to advance back through ICC, kill Tirion, Wrynn, Garrosh, etc etc, and have them under his control. It has been established that it was his plan all along. The only moron here, is you.

Those same 25 most powerful warriors that managed to foil Arthas' plans and kill his lieutenants all across Northrend, and foil most of his plans for world-domination? And then he let them go, time and time again?

Seems pretty moronic to me
    Except the entirety of wotlk was just Arthas's game to try and prove Tirion that the light would not save him if Tirion tried to kill Arthas. Arthas knows he could just lolzerg everyone, but then he knows Tirion would die still believing in the light. Arthas is very vain, and wants to prove to Tirion he was right all along, prove that even Azeroth's greatest protectors are just pawns to be played.

Unfortunately for Arthas, he was wrong about the light, and it saves Tirion in the end.

The Lich King was a moron. Possibly the worst villain ever.
    ingame only
    wc3 he was quite the asshole loved it

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Wait, this is the lore standpoint? Why only 25 people? Why wouldn't Tirion send the best 25, and like 40 others that are almost as good.

In an RTS I don't just make 25 ultralisks and send them at my enemy hoping to win. I cover them with mutas or banelings or something. This just further proves what an incompetent fool Tirion is.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Deathwing doesn't retreat, he advances in a different direction.
    This But I really hope that it will be more like watching from afar as he goes Hiroshima upon something rather than standing there, listening to his generic villain speech then watching him run away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think.... that sounds exactly like what people were trying to say about the Lich King.
    Yep. And it went terribad with the Lich King. I really got a strong impression that I could shit in the Halls of Reflection and paint Frostmourne pink, and he would still say, "Next time, I'll get youuuuu!!!". It was kinda justifying when he killed us all in the end of his fight, but then came Tirion with his laz0rs... simply ruining it all.
    Last edited by Haven; 2010-09-07 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    ingame only
    wc3 he was quite the asshole loved it
    Yeah I actually agree with this. I loved the WC3 Arthas.
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    and like 40 others that are almost as good.
    Arthas would just raise them and increase his own power.

but if you can only understand game mechanics:

Those 40 people would lolfail @ defile, killing the other 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King was a moron. Possibly the worst villain ever.
    Actually his plan to make the greatest heroes on Azeroth even stronger, and then kill them, and raise them to serve him sounds like a pretty clever plan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Actually his plan to make the greatest heroes on Azeroth even stronger, and then kill them, and raise them to serve him sounds like a pretty clever plan to me.
    Yeah but did it work?

Ok, maybe he wasn't a complete moron. I'd be willing to concede he was simply an overconfident, arrogant fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Wait, this is the lore standpoint? Why only 25 people? Why wouldn't Tirion send the best 25, and like 40 others that are almost as good.

In an RTS I don't just make 25 ultralisks and send them at my enemy hoping to win. I cover them with mutas or banelings or something. This just further proves what an incompetent fool Tirion is.
    Tirion DID do that, though. We see the rest of the Ashen Verdict army while we're storming ICC as a small strike team.

Since I should probably post something OT...

I don't think DW is a coward at all. He's actually rather smart to know when to fight and when to retreat. With any luck, he'll be a rather intelligent villain that you'll have to defeat time and again before you actually "beat" him.

SooooooooArthas is Light Yagami.....my god.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but did it work?

Ok, maybe he wasn't a complete moron. I'd be willing to concede he was simply an overconfident, arrogant fool.
    Hey, he killed us all. Could you foresee Tirion going DoctorOctagonopusBWAAAAAAAAGH out of ice?

Also, why keep bringing up that we killed all his lieutenants and such in ICC? If we hadn't gone on to defeat the LK after that, he would have just resurrected them all anyways.

I mean, I'm sure that's hardly the first time Professor Putricide has died. Hell, look what he managed to do to himself with random potions mid-fight with us. Arthas probably had to rez him every other week for blowing himself up or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Weriik View Post
    I need some help from some lore nerds here, I have read about Deathwing alot, and it seems whenever he is confronted or something doesn't go well he always runs away, sure it could be a tactical retreat, but is the Aspect of Death a coward? Maybe he will try to escape when we confront him and might not even die.

What do you think?
    Deathwing is a tyrant. Tyrants are invariably cowards. They fear opposition to their rule, they fear anyone having any kind of power. They are, also, almost invariably arrogant, sure that they are invincible and unconquerable. It creates an odd kind of personality where one moment they may be hell-bent on crushing all opposition, and the next fleeing the field to try it from a different angle.