Question about Soulburn

My main is currently a druid, but I also have an 80 Warlock that may become my main in Cata. I'm confused as to the "allows you to use secondary effect on some of your spells." Can someone explain this to me?

Deleted
    It just means that when you use your Soulburn (this consumes 1 soul shard which you have 3 off), some of your spells behave differently for that 1 time. So for example normally you would cast a Soulfire in like 4 or 5 secs, but when Soulburn is activated it becomes an instant spell.

Do remember the following:

- not all spells are affected by Soulburn
    - you only have 3 shards per fight (but can regen them outside of combat with a spell. They were looking into a mechanic to replenish them on longer fights but i'm not sure how that turned out)
    - Soulburn has a 30 sec cooldown on it

Disclaimer : this info may be changed already since it's hard to keep up with everything of the classes you play and i'm not in the beta

Selected spells will gain an additional or enhanced effect while used after a soul burn, which then consumes the effect. Soul burn has a cost of one shard, which are like a resource instead of an inventory item, with a total of three.
    Drain Life gains a reduced cast time, a summon of a demon will be instant, your teleport will grant you a temporary run speed increase etc.
    Regarding the regeneration method, there is a channeled Soul Harvest useable outside of combat for health regneneration and that of the shards.
    Or in combat, there is for destruction shadowburn, which if the target dies within 5 seconds of its use will replenish your shards, and drain soul (currently) for demonology and affliction which works on a similar principle, only without the shard opportunity per tick, instead returning to the original concept of the target having to die during the channel.
    Though since other abilities had their shard cost removed, it is now only a requirement for soul burn.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-09-07 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good example would be you cast soulburn, immolate, conflagrate, incinerate, incinerate, then Soul Fire which uses the secondary effect and it's instant cast. That wasn't supposed to be a good rotation, just the idea that you keep the buff for a limited amount of time, yet you don't have to use it immediately.