19 19.79%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which makes you sadder [Heroic Leap]

Which is worse...
    The massive damage? Which equates to a weapon swing. MASSIVE
    Or
    The stun being on DR, Rather than just putting it to 1.5 like charge and off DR. STUNNING
    Or
    The visual aspect of awkwardly floating toward your target for a mighty pelvic thrust. IMPREGNABLE

NIGHTMARE MODE
    How does it make you feel that Ghostcrawler:
    Said> We can experiment with visual effect and height and that sort of thing.

Did>The Thunder Clap portion of Heroic Leap was the subject of much derision on this very forum. If you liked it, you should have stuck up for it then. It's gone now.

The first being incredible to read, I was blown away from my computer and firmly wedged into my closet when I saw that they had to get feedback on how awful HL looked.

The second just looks like spite.
    If the ability had the room to fit a thunderclap, and they only removed it without adding anything...and now wont give it back because they read that a TC is underwhelming...oh idk, just looks like spite.

Deleted
    The long cooldown that makes an ability that could a useful utility in pvp into a cooldown you hesitate to use and might might miss with, making it go to waste...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    The long cooldown that makes an ability that could a useful utility in pvp into a cooldown you hesitate to use and might might miss with, making it go to waste...
    Welcome to the world of paladins, everything we have that is not spammable is on a shitty long Cd & cause forbearance except hand of freedom which is extremely easy to dispel for hunters, mages, shaman, warlock pet (felhunter), priests & prot warriors.

At least you guys have better healing from passive abilities then ret has with abilities that take all holy power or a large chunk of mana to use. So you have the self survivability buff you have wanted for a long time.
    Last edited by zcks; 2010-09-07 at 01:35 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Why does heroic leap need to be on separate DR? Why does it need to do more damage? Why does it have to be aesthetically pleasing if it does it's job?

I agree it looks like spite, but i ave to agree with GC... i cant remember seeing anyone saying that they liked the thunderclap portion.

The problem, is that everyone thought that adding thunderclap was just lazy, and we should have had something else cool instead. Hopefully they add another component back to it, as now it is "Charge 3.0, now with new animation, and longer cd!"

offtopic: is that really a pally qq-ing about warrior's healing abilities?

Deleted
    I want him to jump high (not far) and come down with a perfect thunder clap just when he lands = timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other: "Leap" usually means you can go up/down
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior tears. Nom Nom Nom.
    Also, Beta is Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitans View Post
    offtopic: is that really a pally qq-ing about warrior's healing abilities?
    Ret & prot paladins are hybrid specs, the reason many of the paladins who play them are QQing is because fury arms & prot warriors can get better healing from passive procs then ret & prot paladins can by using all their holy power or by using at least 29% of their mana for one healing spell.

This means warriors have both better offensive utility & defensive self healing. Being better at offensive utility is understandable as that is what warriors are supposed to be good at but having better self healing & having it passively while you also have better offensive utility is just plain unbalanced.

PS. rouges self healing is also extremely unbalanced on beta at the moment because it is higher then any other melee class including hybrids which with their offensive utility, CC abilities & new defensive Cd's = an unkillable avatar of death.
    Last edited by zcks; 2010-09-07 at 01:43 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    Warrior tears. Nom Nom Nom.
    Also, Beta is Beta.
    I hear that a lot but as we crawl towards the release of Cataclysm....we're gonna have to admit that a lot of the stuff we don't like is gonna be final.

Voted "Other":
    - damage: 100% weapon damage = massive?
    - CD
    - stun on DR

You should just have an "all of the above" option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is beta, but the idea of GC and his team not realizing that it looked ridiculous is beyond my comprehension.
    Also the highly touted "MASSIVE DMG IN AN AOE STUN!" is just weapon damage...and its slow/misses/etc all on a DR.

All of the risk of possibly landing and being ok, with punishments on both sides if you hit or dont.

Deleted
    Visual wise it's just bad, I'm a warrior and I don't want sparkly moves, but it's just not all what I had in mind, the roar seems so out of place, a normal tunderclap animation made more sence,even the wotlk leap looked much better. This is not a leap it's a targetable charge.

Speaking of tunderclap, I think it made sence it was connected to the leap, you jump up high (well in theory) and make a big bang. Not that I really cared about the tunderclap debuff at all but it made sence.

Nevertheless depending on cd it's still quite usefull in rated pvp. Beta is beta and I will put this to good use.

I don't understand why they decided to bring back an idea that has already been shot down. They change it a bit, and warriors still complain, then Blizzard gives us the old 'well, what would you rather we do?'. The moving rend fell through, heroic leap should bite the dust, and the rage dump mechanic sounds messy too.

So... what will warriors get out of Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    heroic leap should bite the dust
    Fuck that, they took it away from us last expansion for fear of us using it to "exploit terrain and go places that we're not supposed to".
    Now we have flying in Azeroth and there's no reason to not give us Heroic Leap this expansion. I'm going to be severely pissed if they scrap it AGAIN.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    I don't understand why they decided to bring back an idea that has already been shot down. They change it a bit, and warriors still complain, then Blizzard gives us the old 'well, what would you rather we do?'. The moving rend fell through, heroic leap should bite the dust, and the rage dump mechanic sounds messy too.

So... what will warriors get out of Cataclysm?
    Because most warriors want it
    We just want it not to be crap at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt mind Heroic Leap as an 81 ability.... but an 85?! As it is now, it's the worst level 85 ability in the game.

Name a class that has a worse 85 ability and I'll prove you wrong with logic.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I wouldnt mind Heroic Leap as an 81 ability.... but an 85?! As it is now, it's the worst level 85 ability in the game.

Name a class that has a worse 85 ability and I'll prove you wrong with logic.
    I wouldnt enjoy Spiritwalker's Grace as a Warrior. Do you feel my logic ? xD

10+ Year Old Account

This is how I want it to look in cata. Large shockwave effect when you land and pref a short knockdown instead of a stun, does exactly the same thing as a stun but looks far cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post

This is how I want it to look in cata. Large shockwave effect when you land and pref a short knockdown instead of a stun, does exactly the same thing as a stun but looks far cooler.
    I'd say make it have a Thunder Clap/Colossus Smash combination look, with a knockdown.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.