Thread: Demons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    FoTM rollers can gtfo. Warlock quests are an ingrained part of the class. We've always had difficult quests that had us running far into dangerous enemy territory (e.g. the succubus quest for Alliance had us running through areas with level 35-38 mobs). If you can't take it, go roll a mage.

Annoying class quests are there to make lazy, impatient kids stop leveling their warlocks. I say keep the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by xsistor View Post
    FoTM rollers can gtfo. Warlock quests are an ingrained part of the class. We've always had difficult quests that had us running far into dangerous enemy territory (e.g. the succubus quest for Alliance had us running through areas with level 35-38 mobs). If you can't take it, go roll a mage.
    Ever done the totem quests for a shaman on the horde side? No clue what it is for Alliance, but Horde it's a pain in the ass.

My current warlock is my sixth warlock overall, 3 of them never went further than level 60, 1 got to 70 and the last 2 even got to 80. 5 of these warlocks were from vanilla wow, all of them have done their class quests. Now as I started my sixth warlock (and cba to pay 40€ for server+faction change worth a measely 80 hours of playtime) it really sucked balls to do the quests once more to get my BASELINE abilities.

It's all fun and games if you have the option to do them, but it sucks to have it forced on you to get mandatory skills. Succubus, Voidwalker, Imp, with a total travel time of 4 hours on an epic mount, whilst knowing all of the quest inside and outside, not ok...

As alliance:
    Imp - Quest removed
    Voidwalker (10) -> 20m running to a far out place in Elwynn Forest and back to SW
    Succubus (20) -> Stormwind - (Ironforge - Loch Modan - Wetlands - Boat to Theramore (30+ quest area)) or (Auberdine - Ashenvale) - 60% mount Barrens (Horde Territory) - 60% mount Ashenvale (far north west) - Stormwind
    Felhunter (30) -> Ironforge - Wetlands - Boat to Theramore - Gryphon to Ratchet - Heart to Ironforge - Wetlands - Arathi Highlands - Soutshore - Gryphon to Menethiel - Boat to Theramore - 60% mount to Thousand Needles - Heart to Ironforge - Gryphon to Wetlands - mount to central Wetlands - Boat to Theramore - Gryphon to Ratchet

I did most of it at level 60 so I had a 100% mount but no flight paths, since I did near to no quests after reaching level 20 (love leveling my alts in SM/BRD/Scholo with heirlooms, but hate playing with less than 50% of my skills/talents)

I definately will be doing loremaster and possibly even insane with my warlock so by no means I hate doing quests or anything, but I hate having to do mandatory stuff that just slows me down to collect some base skills for my class...

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the dreadsteed quest line, but my favorite was the infernal quest line, personally. I like that there are class specific quests and chains, but with cataclysm they can become what they were originally intended to be: Epic and unique to your class which also has some lore thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by ollabolla620 View Post
    But at least make the auests more intresting, its just, run here, get that, run there..
    other than kill quests, you havep retty much described all wow quests... its not like the warlock quests are less interesting than any other, but expecting them to be more interesting is probably asking a lot (its blizz were talking about here).

the only thing id be inclined to say in favor of removal of demon quests would be that to get our most powerful demon (felguard, not counting doomguard), we don't have to do shit for, except spec demo... although tbh, I would rather see them remove felgaurd for demo in place of improving the pets we already have(and actually using them while being specced demonology).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ollabolla620 View Post
    When are they going to take away the silly quests for warlocks demons, I hate them...

Didn't they take away the quests for some druid forms or something?
    Fuck that... if anything they should bring back the epic mount quest so all you whiney noobs can appreciate the theme of your class again...

this comment should have been researched before implemented
    Paladin : resurrection and charger quest (chain for charger
    Warrior : Stance quests
    Druid : form quests
    Shamman : totem quests
    Death Knight : lk quest chain
    Hunter : pet quest chain
    Warlock : pet and charger quests

idk which classes are being served and these are only the classes I've lvl'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flareside View Post
    You should stop crying and be thankful you didn't have to do the Dreadsteed mount quest chain...
    I thought that quest chain was fun... the final battle was kick ass and I knew plenty of people that would do it because of the unique nature of it.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think removing the quests would be a bad idea. Every class has annoying class quests which must be completed in order to get something. Warriors have to do a retarded quest taking them all over both continents to learn berserker stance and whirlwind. Shamans have to do a lot of retarded totem quests. My warlock has to do pet quests and dreadsteed (although that one is optional).

Basically, class quests are there for additional lore behind a persons class. If you read the quest text instead of just picking up every quest possible and following your questhelper arrow you might find yourself enjoying these quests a little bit more. If you're complaining about having to run around the continents too much, Q fucking Q. Back in Vanilla we had to wait until level 40 to buy a mount that wasn't even that easy to save up for without alternative money-making means. They've catered to the masses by lowering level requirements for mounts and people will still complain that it takes too long to get someplace. Never ending cycle of complaining.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    That may have been fun at 60, the highest level where you have all the time in the world, but when everyone else has bought a mount at 40 and has a headstart in Outland and you are busy slowly doing a quest for your mount, your gonna feel left behind and at a dissadvantage.

Quests like these seem like a better idea at the level cap or if they don't slow your leveling speed down due to large amounts of walking on foot to reach a new town where the quest tells you to go.
    I did all my class quests at the apropriate level when leveling(The lock got to 60 during TBC), most of the quests I did'nt even have a mount during because the lvl 40 limit, and it wasn't a waste of time to me, now stop whining because they made the game feel alot funnier back in the day. I was for example very sad about not having to do the pally mount quest when I leveled it up during WotLK. Who gives a crap about everyone else having a headstart in leveling when you have a way cooler mount/pet or cooler abilites then everyone who cba to do those quests?
    Last edited by ricke39; 2010-09-18 at 07:31 PM. Reason: missed stuff

@ lvl 80, there was this blood elf warlock, who i asked to pull out felhunter, cuz silence was needed and he responded: "i don't have it. blood elf quest is too hard to complete". just SAD.

The class quests I did while leveling first time were the BEST! Whenever I was bored I always looked forward to doing the next quest to get another demon (3 manning Sunken Temple with 2 hunters was fun as hell to get my Infernal).

This is probably just QQ since the Dungeon finder makes quests unnecessary and its ruining lots of class quests because of it.

Deleted
    I really miss class quests, it's something that Blizz should revive.

I think that the dreadsteed questline has been my favourite chain so far, although I didn't do it at 60, I did get it in at 62ish with another two other warlocks and a tankadin friend. Doing the ritual when you have no idea what was going to happen felt epic.

If doing quests is not fun in this game then why do people play it? Quest chains are a lot of fun... what's the fun of having something handed to you? what's the point? It's like saying, don't do instances.. we're just going to periodicly hand you epics every month..

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hit level 80 with my Warlock and haven't even bothered to do them yet =D
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by backdraft View Post
    @ lvl 80, there was this blood elf warlock, who i asked to pull out felhunter, cuz silence was needed and he responded: "i don't have it. blood elf quest is too hard to complete". just SAD.
    /raidkick or /gkick worthy imo. Any lock that thinks these quests are to hard should NOT be raiding. That's pathetic.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

as for demons...its a painful one...warlocks along with hunters are a pet class.... hunters are offered diversity along with new models and skins for each expansion that comes out....warlocks have the same stereotypical and ugly summons/pets since vanilla and there is nothing new done or suggested for this case..i mean...have u seen a worse demonic theme in any game or novel?warlocks are supposed to be the dark-themed caster with links to black magic but this.....is like a disney villain at its best...what im getting at is...strict changes to the gameplay and models for demons is an urgency....

Lore and storyline is all well and good, but when a quest chain takes you back and forth between two continents and into dungeons which takes you hours of spamming trade to get a full group for then something is wrong.
    A good class quest does not need to be tedious.

Personally I would like to see more quests about class mechanics, almost like the starcraft II challenges.
    Where you need to fend off something or achieve something by using appropriate abilities.

If some of them have not been completed by a lvl 80 than that is proof that the quests need to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Lore and storyline is all well and good, but when a quest chain takes you back and forth between two continents and into dungeons which takes you hours of spamming trade to get a full group for then something is wrong.
    A good class quest does not need to be tedious.

Personally I would like to see more quests about class mechanics, almost like the starcraft II challenges.
    Where you need to fend off something or achieve something by using appropriate abilities.

If some of them have not been completed by a lvl 80 than that is proof that the quests need to change.
    That's all well and good, but in the scope of the game you can just bypass anything you're not capable of and join the dungeon finder; if in a couple of levels you're still interested in doing it, you can go back and plough through by vastly overpowering it; if not, so what? You'll be 80 in a couple of weeks anyway.

As I recall, I got my Succubus at level 20 with a bit of help and a lot of corpse runs just to get to the quest places; I learnt from that and didn't get the Felhunter until about 36 simply because I had no cause to use it and although I can see now where it would have been incredibly useful with interupts and dispels and such, at the time I didn't know it would have helped at all and just carried on with what I had.

That's a part of the trouble with how the classes used to level though, with key abilities unlocked so late on; as a caster you could effectively level with a wand, and mana constraints often demanded you did just that. I don't think it's the quests that really need to change though in terms of what they entail, but rather in terms of in game information about the rewards on offer. Seeing an icon as a quest reward of 'Summon Felhunter' with a mana cost and cast time isn't much of an incentive if there's nothing there to tell you what it is the Felhunter actually does and how that will benefit you, and why it's cool to have access to one.