Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    thought the over cloaks would be AS intended by now... not the shitty grey item cloaks from PTR... but you know OVER cloaks, that were promised to go on top of your chosen cloak.

hopefully the next patch (Where we get the new trees to play with before cata) will.. have something decent... probably not.

hurry up cata !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakaflocka View Post
    The two events, while nice, werent as good as the events leading up to bc and wrath.

I liked the world pvp farming EPL when wrath was coming out

Remember though this isn't the main show yet. All this is designed to accomplish is for you to be involved in the retaking of the Gnomes and Trolls new starting areas. I suspect the Cataclysm event will be epic.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by Taleas View Post
    Training and planting spy frogs..? What am I, 6 years old?
    In a world where there exist means to magically enhance frogs, you would probably used magically enhanced frogs as well.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    For those who are wondering about the overcloaks...they won't be coming anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

It is true that the cloak rewards had overcloak functionality when these events were up on the public test realms some months back. In the end we decided that implementing the cloaks in such a way that players could aesthetically change the cloak they're wearing could set a bad precedent. We like customization and flavor items, but we don't want to start implementing aesthetic items in the game which allow players to look however they want while keeping all the stats they want. We felt the overcloaks were breaking that barrier a little too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the actual main pre-Cataclysm Twilight hammer event

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
    For those who are wondering about the overcloaks...they won't be coming anytime soon.

It is true that the cloak rewards had overcloak functionality when these events were up on the public test realms some months back. In the end we decided that implementing the cloaks in such a way that players could aesthetically change the cloak they're wearing could set a bad precedent. We like customization and flavor items, but we don't want to start implementing aesthetic items in the game which allow players to look however they want while keeping all the stats they want. We felt the overcloaks were breaking that barrier a little too much.
    This is extremely disappointing, but at least they let us know. I honestly won't be renewing my account now until Cataclysm since there really isn't an item I just have to have - the Darkspear Pride item is BoP so it won't turn into something you can eventually sell for a thousand gold or more (like the Haunted Memento from the pre-WotLK event) and the cloak is also BoP and a crappy version of the original overcloak we were teased with, so all in all you get an achievement and about forty-five minutes of fun.

nice try to force some accounts being reactivated before the addon comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooo I was looking foward to being a Dwarf >_<

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought we were supposed to be getting titles for completing this. Apparently not? I am very much disappointed.

Why do the gnome infantry hold their swords like guns. Stupid gnomes. Those are swords and not guns, hold them like swords.

No wonder they lost gnomeregan, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Velasco View Post

Wait what? When the events were on the 3.3.5 PTR, the rewards already were the same normal cloak items as today. Overcloaks were merely datamined by Boub.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still highly aggrivated that the alliance one one bug out so easily with the tunnel. Trying to keep people out sucks. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    At this stage, I very, VERY much doubt that'll happen. Talent trees and spell co-efficients aren't 100% ready yet, so they're not being implemented onto live this month. October is next month, and i'd expect patch 4.0 to go live at the end of October (20th, or 27th perhaps) for a November (pre-Xmas) launch. This means that if there IS a 3.9 patch, it'll need to go live on... the 13th of October. There simply isn't time on either end to have it go live at any other time. Not unless they cut this event VERY short indeed.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon
    Doubt all you want, this is what Kalgan said at Gamescom, so
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I think they should just go on with overcloaks, and ignore people asking for other customization. If they hold back this positive change because people might expect even more changes, what change can you actually implement?

Overcloaks would be great as Back is not among the "show your progress" slots like Head and Shoulder, it even has maybe 3 or 4 "models" only.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2010-09-09 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "In Burning Crusade, players went and finished the Shadowmoon quest lines or got their reps to Exalted or maxed out their trade skills in order to have the best gear available for the heroics and raids. That is our model for Cataclysm."

Big love.