Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstorm View Post
    strawberry or guava?
    Both, it's been a long day of coding and I am not proof reading. If it atleast makes sense I am happy with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Illidan can come back - there just haven´t come up a proper reason for it yet, and by "proper" (knowing blizzard) its read as ANY reason .

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They span the universe, as countless as the stars themselves.
    Very Lovecraftian <3, as is supposed.

But on topic, the reason that Illidan hopefully won't come back is simple.

While Illidan, by consuming the power of Ner'Zhul's skull became a fel version of himself, he was not yet fully transformed into a demon (He only Metamorphed, as in, took the shape of a demon).

You have to be a demon to get a full link to the Twisting Nether to have it as your ressurection point, like the Nazrethim and other full demons have.

EDIT: You guys should seriously keep RL religions out of this discussion, firstly you are being inconsiderate towards the feelings of other people, and secondly because the mods will kill an otherwise nice thread.

Atheist btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstorm View Post
    strawberry or guava?
    which ever one kills there mother first for being a disgrace to the elf race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofSpades View Post
    ... So you think I am religous, and you think you know about religion because you read the bible. Sadly you are very wrong on both accounts. I invite you to go and take some college level classes on religion and hopefully have your eyes opened.

Illidan has always played that tragic underdog, always using any means possible to try and save everyone else. This is his character, after 10,000 years of prison he kept to this architype. He than tried to kill the lich king and again save the world but came short. Illidan though insane was not dumb and retained his mind and the morals of his architype, I really do think it was all part of his plan to be killed. He saved both the draenei(broken) and blood elves. And through freeing outlands from the legion likly saved Azeroth from a much larger invasion than what happened at the sunwell.

Seems like just about everything Illidan did against forces of evil were successful, yet everything he did against the alliance and horde totally failed.

Well this is me hoping he comes back to train the next hero class, Demon Hunters.
    You certainly implied that you believe Jesus was ressurected, which is in essence the foundation of being religious in any Christian sense (save for Judaism, naturally). And you need not invite me to take any college level classes on religion, for I have taken a degree in both Theology and Politics, and am all too aware with the flaws of both philosophies.(Needless to say, being adept in both philosophies, that theology is by far the most flawed, if being generous, which in this instance I am as it's much too late for this topic of debate.) If you think (and it certainly seems so) that religious disagreements/atheism come from lack of understanding, you are sorely mistaken, and in fact I would be inclined to believe the contrary to that proposition.

In regard to your Illidan point, I invite you to read some WoW lore and hopefully have your eyes opened to what actually happened throughout the entirety of The Burning Crusade.
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

Until you cut a character's head off, he has the potential to come back.

I for one, LOVED, Illidan as a character and was absolutely put off by his death (and his terrible model). I honestly didn't think Blizzard would let go of such a strong tragic hero.

I am personally convinced he will be coming back. Like I said, no one cut his head off. He'll come back, to save the day

...again

15+ Year Old Account
    I REALLY want Illidan to come back.

I also want him to be a "good" guy too.

Sadly, I don't think either is happening.

And dear god.... just so much of this....

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis-Ahn View Post
    Until you cut a character's head off, he has the potential to come back.

I for one, LOVED, Illidan as a character and was absolutely put off by his death (and his terrible model). I honestly didn't think Blizzard would let go of such a strong tragic hero.

I am personally convinced he will be coming back. Like I said, no one cut his head off. He'll come back, to save the day

...again
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-09-08 at 02:40 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceofSpades View Post
    ... So you think I am religous, and you think you know about religion because you read the bible. Sadly you are very wrong on both accounts. I invite you to go and take some college level classes on religion and hopefully have your eyes opened.

Illidan has always played that tragic underdog, always using any means possible to try and save everyone else. This is his character, after 10,000 years of prison he kept to this architype. He than tried to kill the lich king and again save the world but came short. Illidan though insane was not dumb and retained his mind and the morals of his architype, I really do think it was all part of his plan to be killed. He saved both the draenei(broken) and blood elves. And through freeing outlands from the legion likly saved Azeroth from a much larger invasion than what happened at the sunwell.

Seems like just about everything Illidan did against forces of evil were successful, yet everything he did against the alliance and horde totally failed.

Well this is me hoping he comes back to train the next hero class, Demon Hunters.
    This is me hoping he stays dead, and that Altruis takes that task on instead. A much more sane and reliable person if you ask me.

15+ Year Old Account
    This setback is set for later expansions. Bolvar the Jailor of the Damned will resurrect a fire Illidan undead half-demon elf riding flame Marrowgar-Anub'arak hybrid while BOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOORMing in the mountains.

And may I add, not one, but two mountains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Way to insult a large scale religion. Do try to use at least SOME common human decency and show a little respect.

(Jewish by the way, but the rubbish you just spouted is intolerable in mixed company)
    A rationalisation such as the absolute impossibility of a resurrection on the premise of common sense certainly does not seem like an insult to me. If anything I was patronising, but such an ad hominem stance is often required to an extent where logic fails. With regard to your unwarranted self-entitlement to "respect" (i'm assuming in the religious sense, and religious tolerance by it's very nature is a red herring to the effect of; "i'm right, and you're wrong, but it doesn't matter now as we're not dead yet") and your profession of Judaism (respect certainly not being shown when it comes to the traditional practice of genital mutilation, by which many young babies, who do not have a choice in the practice, die), it really is much too late for me to be arguing such vast moral issues. If you want to have a moral discussion about it today (03:35 where I live: UK, so in about 12 hours), be my guest, but I would appreciate it if you refrain from throwing accusations around such as those that pertain to my having a lack of common human decency, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lichfury View Post
    With 5 posts and perhaps counting i'll assume you're trolling. Perhaps an account deletion would be more fitting. And I assure you, seeing as you did in fact bring up the point, my knowledge is more than ample.
    And I assure you that your beliefs are no more valid than any other person's. The simple truth is that the only way to know beyond all doubt that either stance is correct is to die and find out for one's self. Any volunteers? No? Well then shut up and everybody love everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    My, look at how many people didn't read the original post before posting.

You make a good point with the dreadlord business. Illidan's death was rather...anti-climactic. I wouldn't be surprised if he just wanted everyone to think he was dead so he could meditate/escape Kil'jaeden or whatever else he was trying to do in peace. This would also explain him attacking Shattrath, which seemed completely illogical...unless he wanted champions of the light to take out his evil lieutenants and purify Outland and make Illidan look dead.
    ohhh... I would like it so much, illidan survived and is now free from KJ <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
    And I assure you that your beliefs are no more valid than any other person's. The simple truth is that the only way to know beyond all doubt that either stance is correct is to die and find out for one's self. Any volunteers? No? Well then shut up and everybody love everybody.
    Very hard indeed to love someone whose belief system condemns you to an eternity of hellfire. "Love they neighbour as thyself is, in practical terms, fundamentally unreasonable.

You certainly implied that you believe Jesus was ressurected, which is in essence the foundation of being religious in any Christian sense (save for Judaism, naturally). And you need not invite me to take any college level classes on religion, for I have taken a degree in both Theology and Politics, and am all too aware with the flaws of both philosophies.(Needless to say, being adept in both philosophies, that theology is by far the most flawed, if being generous, which in this instance I am as it's much too late for this topic of debate.) If you think (and it certainly seems so) that religious disagreements/atheism come from lack of understanding, you are sorely mistaken, and in fact I would be inclined to believe the contrary to that proposition.

In regard to your Illidan point, I invite you to read some WoW lore and hopefully have your eyes opened to what actually happened throughout the entirety of The Burning Crusade.
    You do not have any degree in theology. If you are working on one you must be a freshman barely into it. You act extremely snobishly and obtuse on the subject of it and have never had any real intellegent discussion of it. My case for this is made by the fact you simply want to argue it. You have maybe 19, and might be intellegent but you are also an under-achiever. Again you lack the simple respect of not talking about something as hot button as religion in a public setting. This shows your immaturity and obvious foolishness. Which you will further prove by replying to my post(Or is this me just trying to get you to stop talking?). Sounds like a lose lose friend. I'd go with just stop talking it seems less painful to your pride.

And seeing Illidan back as a Good Guy Anti Hero would be amazing, no one really feels this role aside from Darion and his role seems kind of minimalized.

Good job spending 20 minutes in a thesaurus to impress... lord knows who. However, if you cannot see why your comment was terribly disrespectful and unwarranted, then my cause is already lost. And you find religious tolerance to be a "red herring"? I've no words for that...

I would like to point out your ignorance in such matters as circumcision, most infants are circumcised in the hospital non-religiously. Never have I heard of it attributed to infant death.

It's nice that even though I'm not currently playing WoW, I can still get all the benefits of trade chat on a forum like this. I mean, who would have thought someone would manage to turn a thread about Cenarius and Illidan into a thread where people start talking about their religious opinions as though other people cared?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see Illidan again. IF he did come back it could be in a future expansion were he is the leader of a Demon hunter class or something.

And last time I checked Illidan was more of an Anti hero rather than a Villian.

So I heard haters are hating.

So my post apparently didn't go through so. I'm not really gonna elaborate as much as I did the first time

In short Illidan is a failed character. He had a great story full of emotion and drive and his story just washed out and ended in anti-climactic terms and retconning him into life wont change that

Very hard indeed to love someone whose belief system condemns you to an eternity of hellfire. "Love they neighbour as thyself is, in practical terms, fundamentally unreasonable.
    If you had ANY knowledge of the subject, you'd know it's common Christian practice to treat even those they view as evil with respect.