Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    are you guys sure world and quest will be updated in 4.0 and not in cata. What about new class combination? will you be able to start a dwarf sham/tauren pal in 4.0 or have to wait cata?

i dont see a problem with this your actually getting updated zones for free so im pretty excited
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Disregard my post(s). Upon further inspection I've found my view to be invalid and poorly explained.

umm no its actually pretty damn good business strategy because then the trial-players (who have been known to quit before level 10) will see the updated content and probably play longer..getting a full subscription..so yeah...pretty damn smart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    are you guys sure world and quest will be updated in 4.0 and not in cata. What about new class combination? will you be able to start a dwarf sham/tauren pal in 4.0 or have to wait cata?
    They announced that all of that will be released before Cataclysm itself is, yes.

No new race class in patch 4.0 is what I've heard
    Excited

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    Blizz has stated that when 4.0 hits we will all be subjected to the cataclysmic arrival of deathwing that will sunder the world and rip most the zones a new one. if your toon happened to be in a location that gets drastically changed you might log in and see them either at their hearth location or some set location determined by blizz and will porbably have to go find new quests.

Quote Originally Posted by worgen freeman View Post
    All I'm saying is that it seems stupid to release a large chunk of the major content before the actual game is released. It kind of takes away from the whole point of an expansion.
    Think of it as just a normal patch. When they came out with ICC, did the 1st thing you think "Dammit, why didn't I have to pay 40$ for this?" Probably not. Same goes with patch 4.0.

Does anyone know if you will be able to fly in patch 4.0 or just when CAT. comes out?

My head hurts from this madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by homeby11 View Post
    Does anyone know if you will be able to fly in patch 4.0 or just when CAT. comes out?
    Flying in Azeroth comes with the first rank of flying, so it should be available right away.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Flying in Azeroth comes with the first rank of flying, so it should be available right away.
    first thing i'm doing it exploring those old locations i use to love haning out at.

Sadly I think my favorite island is getting submerged.

I think you are missing the point OP... What is coming is a FREE upgrade/remodeling/freshening of the "old game" in conjunction with a massive expansion pack.

The current content revamped quests, zones, new talent trees, guild leveling, etc are all absolutely FREE to all users... You can level a new alt from level 1 and geta VERY different experience than you did prior.

THEN we have an expansion that BUILDS upon the Cataclysm.. and being in beta and leveling a couple toons to 85... it is quite impressive. Vashj'ir alone is more like 3 zones.. HUGE. Deepholm is so breathtakingly beautiful and interesting.. Uldum? Stunning... Hyjal is like a visit to somewhere familiar but all new. And Twighlight Highlands is just plain cool.

Two new races with their respective starting zones... extremely interestign and fun to run through (ran them both)

The instances are really nice as well. Then you have Archeology, new BGS, extended professions/materials, and a myriad of other interesting features.

The staggered launch of 4.0 patch adn Cataclysm relse is to allow people time to adjust to the new trees, guild system, and the other "day to day" changes that are befuddling...

Anywho... you cannot appreciate the massiveness of the expansion.. until you actually experience it yourself.. I was sort of "worried' that if would feel liek rehashed content... but it could not be further from that. It's gonna be great... just sit back and enjoy the free stuff planned for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

Sadly I think my favorite island is getting submerged.
    What island?

Quote Originally Posted by homeby11 View Post
    What island?
    the southernmost point of the game, south of the lands end shore.

it's only function is part of the lvl 60 AQ gate opening chain and I only liked it because of how far out it was.

i'm fairly sure you don't get the new race/class combinations come 4.0 though, you need cata to be able to do that

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

it's only function is part of the lvl 60 AQ gate opening chain and I only liked it because of how far out it was.
    The island with all the goblin houses? I loved that place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worgen freeman View Post
    Not really. TBC release introduced BE/Dreani, and the Outlands. LK introduced Northrend and DK's. Neither were patched in before the release.
    yes they were....outland and northrend were both added into the game files once their respective pre patches hit, you just couldnt reach them without buying the expansion.

I can see how this can be confusing to people, especially since there are a lot of changes happening to places that are already there; I'll give a shot at explaining it.

Patch 4.0 is the free stuff. You get the things you need to be able to play in WoW, like you'll get the models for tauren pallys and worgen , etc (because you'll need to see them in-game). Although, if 4.0 is released before cata can be installed (which is likely), then the models will remain un-used. You'll get the changes to current Vanilla zones. You'll get talent tree updates, and I'm pretty sure you'll get updated quest lines in Vanilla zones.

The expansion will give you access to the changes. You can make a tauren pally of your own. You get 5 moar talent points. You get new zones, dungeons, and raids. You'll get everything you ever wanted and more (!), including candy.

Expac = Cata-specific stuff
    4.0 = stuff that effects all of Azeroth, down to pre-bc
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamyyl View Post
    I can see how this can be confusing to people, especially since there are a lot of changes happening to places that are already there; I'll give a shot at explaining it.

Patch 4.0 is the free stuff. You get the things you need to be able to play in WoW, like you'll get the models for tauren pallys and worgen , etc (because you'll need to see them in-game). Although, if 4.0 is released before cata can be installed (which is likely), then the models will remain un-used. You'll get the changes to current Vanilla zones. You'll get talent tree updates, and I'm pretty sure you'll get updated quest lines in Vanilla zones.

The expansion will give you access to the changes. You can make a tauren pally of your own. You get 5 moar talent points. You get new zones, dungeons, and raids. You'll get everything you ever wanted and more (!), including candy.

Expac = Cata-specific stuff
    4.0 = stuff that effects all of Azeroth, down to pre-bc
    4.0 is Cataclysm. 3.9 is the pre-Cata patch. Googling "patch 3.9" will sort out any issues people have understanding.