Thread: so....3.9?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm guessing 3.9 is actually going to be the event. MMO had it up some of the quests up for like doomsday. Also an elemental invasion maybe?
    Excited

Afaik there will be no 3.9.

The Gnome/Troll Event was that thing that was called "3.9" by most ppl, but as you can see, it's like the christmas/halloween/... events, they can turn it on and off on server side and thats it. No patch 3.9.

The Cata pre patch introducing the new talent trees, starting a pre-event (that elemental invasion thingy) and so on will be 4.0. Was the same before BC and LK. The pre patch that was released some weeks before launch already got the new version number (2.0 for BC, 3.0 für LK). So no patch 3.9 again...
    Last edited by T!tania; 2010-09-08 at 12:46 PM.

There is no formal "assigned" 3.9 there may BE one.. but it could also be 3.7, or 3.98... they are just numbers...

There WILL be another "pre-cataclysm launch" patch that will eb a BIGGIE.. .it will include the new talent trees, guild changes, even the new "changed" Azeroth... and likely the changed 1-60 content. Yes the "Cataclysm" will happen before the Expansion ships... but you will need the expansion to go from 80-85, take archeology, enter new dungeons/raids, etc.

There MAY be yet anothe rpatch before that one.. that has some pre-cataclysm events liek Elemental attacks... etc... or thse may happen with the "last" patch prior to EXP day... that could be 3.9 or some other random number between our current version and the EXP patch's number...

The main pre-cataclysm event will be the last patch I am assuming, that may be the fabled patch 3.9. I think we can all be sure that patch 4.0 will be Cataclysm itself.

Quote Originally Posted by T!tania View Post
    Afaik there will be no 3.9.

The Gnome/Troll Event was that thing that was called "3.9" by most ppl, but as you can see, it's like the christmas/halloween/... events, they can turn it on and off on server side and thats it. No patch 3.9.

The Cata pre patch introducing the new talent trees, starting a pre-event (that elemental invasion thingy) and so on will be 4.0. Was the same before BC and LK. So no patch 3.9 again...
    I think I remember reading somewhere that this time around they are referring to the patch that brings in the new talent trees etc as Patch 3.9, and the actual Cataclysm expansion is Patch 4.0.

I'm wondering if it was just a mistake on their part or what.. usually it would just be Patch 4.0, then the actual expansion would be something like Patch 4.03 or something

3.9 is a fancy way of saying "the patch before Cataclysm". Patch 3.3.5 (Which is the currently live patch) is that patch, regardless of the numbering.

In the interview he says "When the server goes up again the world as you know it will have changed"(something like that) so I don't think the will add the new 1-60 content until Cataclysm retail releases.

The talents, new interface and other stuff will be added when we start to download the pre-patch for Cata 2-3 weeks before release.

3.9 is after 3.8.

Did you seen any 3.8 patch in game? no? then no 3.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkwow View Post
    In the interview he says "When the server goes up again the world as you know it will have changed"(something like that) so I don't think the will add the new 1-60 content until Cataclysm retail releases.

The talents, new interface and other stuff will be added when we start to download the pre-patch for Cata 2-3 weeks before release.
    Q: We know that you're going to release the new talents before launching Cataclysm, do you think that you'll also release the new class combinations or stuff like Archaeology before launching the game?
    A: Yeah, Archaeology we're still deciding on whether or not that's going to happen before or when the game launches, but the race/class combinations will be available right after the actual Cataclysm event happens. We kind of felt like that would be a lot of fun for players to have that world event that leads up to the Cataclysm, and then the Cataclysm happens, and then they log in and the world has changed and there are all these new quests, "What do you want to do?!" "Level up! Something!" Like I've always wanted to be a Dwarf Mage or whatever it is you couldn't be before. It would feel terrible to have to wait those extra couple weeks like... "I can't play it yet, I can't play it yet!" So, we really wanted to help players out and make those combinations available so as soon as that Cataclysm happens, you can go start questing through new content with any of the new combinations.
    That makes it pretty clear there'll be a few weeks (as usual) where we'll have all the new stuff except for the actual expansion (So two new races, above level 80 content, and possibly Archeology).

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Not a very good choice of URLs then. :P
    Why? because its polish and polish url's end with .pl?

This is just one of the last pieces before the launch of Cata as people above said. I have a feeling we will see one more large patch introducing Deathwing and the destruction of the world( along with the new talent trees and whatnot) around mid October for a November release.

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    3.9 is after 3.8.

Did you seen any 3.8 patch in game? no? then no 3.9.
    Wrong. I know a lot of people still belief versions of program HAVE to count straight up but they do not. Also people belief version numbers are like a decimal system where 3.9 precedes 4.0 (which is the reason this 3.9 stuff started in the first place) which is also wrong. .9 would be most likely followed by .10 just like during vanilla WoW. Although a lot of programs follow those widely believed concepts they do not have to, there are no rules about it.
    Judging from the last two expansion the next patch will be 4.0 introducing revamped Azeroth + new talents + new mechanics about 2 weeks before Cataclysm release.

my account is frozen atm, so are the events currently available on live servers?

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch codes are like this:
    first number depending on which expansion:
    vanilla was 1.xx.xx, tbc was 2.xx.xx and wotlk is 3.xx.xx and cataclysm will be 4.xx.xx
    Then the number of major patch will come as in:
    3.2.xx was the Toc patch, 3.1.xx was the Ulduar patch and 3.0.xx was the wotlk as a whole path (naxx if you want to link it to a raid).
    The last numbers arent really important, they follow each other up but wont per se begin at 0 or 1 (as far as i know).

We are now at 3.3.5
    meaning if there will be another major patch for wotlk it will be: 3.4.xx and a small one will be 3.3.<something higher than 5>.
    However the major patch for wotlk will be 4.0.xx with all the big changes coming to the world and such.

By this logic I just explained here it is impossible even if its sure to be the last patch for wotlk, it is impossible for a patch to be called 3.9.xx at this time. (In vanilla wow it went up to 1.12.xx so xx.9.xx doesnt per se stand for ''the end off''.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Erm no? .10 means .1 because the "0" is not counted.

And I`ve read somewere here I think that 3.9 will introduce the new race combos and the new world, w/o worgen/goblin and 80-85 content.

Quote Originally Posted by Oglesprocket of Gnomerega View Post
    Hrmm isn't patch 3.9 going to include those Doomsayer dudes in Capital Cities? :S
    I believe people saw those in the last PTR (along with the gnome and troll events) so they're most likely already in the game ready to be turned on at the right time with no patch. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a need for another patch before 4.0. If there is it'll most likely be a minor 3.3.5a or 3.3.6 type patch.

Oh, and don't look for a PTR for 4.0, the Beta takes the place of that. There was no PTR or open beta for 2.0 or 3.0.

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgnome View Post
    Erm no? .10 means .1 because the "0" is not counted.

And I`ve read somewere here I think that 3.9 will introduce the new race combos and the new world, w/o worgen/goblin and 80-85 content.
    Patch 1.10 would like a word with you: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...patch1p10.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    FYI, and this has been stated numerous times, that "write-up on WoR" is not accurate. It does not match up with the actual statements of the interview. WoR just copied that summary from another website, rather than writing up an accurate one.

And it was actually officially stated that 3.9 would not be an actual patch name. That's just what the developers are using because it's going to be the last content implemented before 4.0. This was posted by either GC or one of the CMs on the official forums back when the content was first announced.
    The Q&A is separate from the interview linked previously and the write-up is a fairly accurate representation of the Q&A.

I probably wasn't clear enough in my post. I was making that point against people doubting there would be any patch before 4.0 since 4.0 is associated with the Cataclysm alpha/beta and future commercial release. That's the only patch number anyone can know for sure right now and it has been stated many times that there will be a patch prior to it whatever it ends up being called (3.9 seems to work for most right now).

For those that will miss it and to consolidate the good points made in this thread: As far as all information given goes, there will be major content patch (current class matrix changes, talents, world event(s) etc) -> Unlocking of event content as needed through maintenance and server side patches -> Bug fix patches -> Cataclysm release (which will also contain more free content in the revamped zones)

Deleted
    I'm happy that I was vindicated. I always said that the events would be part of 3.3.5 (they were tested on the 3.3.5 PTR), but many attacked me, telling that it would be on a mythic 3.9 patch.

I usually don't tell this, but this situation deserves it: I TOLD YOU SO.

There, now I have this out of my system.

3.9 will probably be the Twilight Cult quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    There was no PTR or open beta for 2.0 or 3.0.
    That's not true.