Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    On a sidenote, why doesn't that Moonkin cast Starsurge at all? It's like their hardest-hitting nuke.

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 11:07 PM ----------

Why is she getting Borrowed Time proccs from shielding O.o

Yeah yeah, BETA bugs. Still kinda cool \o/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Not to shoot this player down, but who is the "seasoned Priest" in the video? I don't keep up with the 'celebs'.

I can't comment on this video due to vast healing changes but I've seen some funky things done by her.
    Aliena? She is a member of TankSpot and often makes weird videos around different WoW related stuff.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Not to shoot this player down, but who is the "seasoned Priest" in the video? I don't keep up with the 'celebs'.

I can't comment on this video due to vast healing changes but I've seen some funky things done by her.
    One of the members of TankSpot who posts strategy videos.

I found it interesting that the healer didn't appear to have any healing downtime to DPS. Guess we can completely skip those talents, at least until we outgear this. Although she did say that this particular group was under geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Please don't burst my bubble, this video shows a seasoned Priest using LW, that is my only point. As for the first boss fight, yes, druid pops out of form to self heal a few times, but also uses LW at 3:31. Some habits will take time to form, just happy to see LW in use.
    LOL, well I apologize for the bubble burst ^_^

If you'd like to see a seasoned player using LW I could point you to myself .. however even over the course of time I'm still the only one who uses my LW, and I'm also one of the more vocal people against it.

I'll be much happier to go through these videos when more of the game has been implemented correctly, but as GC pointed out just the other day the current Beta Build isn't even close to being tuned yet. A lot of abilities and glyphs are messed up, along with enchants that aren't yet in-game, ect. ect.

Still fun to see the game progress though.

Deleted
    C'mon lightwell!
    Would love to bring my priest out of retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Irgoodatstuff View Post
    C'mon lightwell!
    Would love to bring my priest out of retirement
    If it makes you feel any better, my tank used Lightwell on the last boss of BRC and it really helped. Let me run around like an idiot kiting his adds because we only had 4 players (gogo beta bugs where people d/c but stay in your party and can't be kicked). Of course, I'm hardly advocating this as a...erm...wise strategy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    I found it interesting that the healer didn't appear to have any healing downtime to DPS. Guess we can completely skip those talents, at least until we outgear this. Although she did say that this particular group was under geared.
    Quoted from the horse's mouth:

Cataclysm Dungeons difficulty
    Some players are heading into dungeons they know nothing about and getting frustrated when someone can't immediately explain the boss mechanics to them.

Some of the bosses are overtuned and some of the class abilities are undertuned at this stage. Because Uldum and Twilight don't have quest rewards yet, there are also some folks who are just really undergeared. Half your glyphs probably don't work. The new enchants aren't readily available. And so it goes. That sort of thing will all get ironed out over the next several weeks.

You shouldn't have huge mana problems in a normal dungeon. Your middle heal should get you through most of it just fine. You'll have to use more of your emergency heals in the heroics and raids, and you'll also be expected to gear up a little more for the heroics and raids.
    The later zones have not been given any gear to go with their quests. All players who enter the late dungeons will be under geared, that on top of the fact that the tactics aren't 100% known means more mistakes, which of course means more healing.

Once the bosses are tuned, players are in 84/85 questing greens and blues and the tactics are known, the dungeons won't require constant healing. The mistake-rate will drop, less healing time. Gear will increase, mobs alive less and tanks taking less damage.

spam spam spam spam yay i'm having fun now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is a good thread describing healing that instance here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1
    And she actually used Lightwell successfully. Honestly sooner or later the raids will come and because of lightwell being utterly OP all the reliable sources (EJ, Tankspot) will start endorsing it and people who don't click it will become noobs . . . or at least I hope so.
    ... Because LW is only JUST becoming a powerful tool and it's brand new to the game. That ship sailed long ago.

On-Topic. It does sort of look a bit spammy to me. I don't particularly relish the idea of having an "Auto Attack" like heal that I'm constantly using to slowly top people off, and I don't need a lot of time to sit there and think about my healing priority vs mana consumption. I have the feeling that healers who are already adept at the current model will find the new model a lot slower paced. If we're really have all that time to react to health bars I don't see healing be much of a challenge.

It doesn't feel spammy on beta. Heal is just slow at 2.5 seconds; when you heal with it, it becomes obvious really fast just how slow it is.

So far my experience is that health bars can still drop pretty fast. The difference is that they aren't falling fast or not at all, which is the present model. I've had a few people die on me because I'm just Healing away and see them drop to 20% and go for a Heal...and they die in the meantime because I misjudged how long I had. You still have to make that decision (Heal, Flash Heal, Guardian Spirit even?) very quickly, it's just that the results sometimes take a few seconds to become clear ("I should have picked Flash Heal because he died at the 2 second mark on my Heal"). By comparison on live it's more a question of whether you hit Flash Heal fast enough or not. This is why the extra time is needed (and adds depth), because it's going from just "react" to "decide and react."
    Last edited by Neichus; 2010-09-09 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neichus, are you healing in just Holy or have you tried Disc as well?

When I watched this video this morning I noticed a few things.

92k hp (unless I saw wrong?)
    68k mana (unless I saw wrong?)
    5500 spell power
    6% haste

Didn't notice what the crit % or regen was at, but I'm sure is displayed when she opens her character frame.

Avg Renew tick: 800
    Avg Heal: 4000
    Avg GHeal: 8000

- Edit -

Re-watched the video and I'm seeing different numbers now. Must've been pretty tired this morning still. :P

Looks like I'm seeing some 15-25k GHeal crits. Does anyone have any other numbers from other videos or experience on what they're seeing for different heals?

- /Edit -

Wow did they nerf the coefficients for spell power and healing. I don't really mind, considering the whole point of large health pools was so you couldn't just heal to full from a single heal and that keeping every last person topped off would not be mana efficient.

I'm still excited to play my Priest though. Though if it really comes down to it all my level 80's are healing classes. Though I would prefer to play my Paladin as Protection and Shaman as Enhancement.
    Last edited by Caladia; 2010-09-09 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    Neichus, are you healing in just Holy or have you tried Disc as well?
    Just Holy, never been a big fan of Discipline even on live. Offspec is Shadow, although haven't had a chance to actually do any 5mans with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayt View Post
    On-Topic. It does sort of look a bit spammy to me. I don't particularly relish the idea of having an "Auto Attack" like heal that I'm constantly using to slowly top people off, and I don't need a lot of time to sit there and think about my healing priority vs mana consumption.
    Actually, I am going to have to strongly disagree with you here. I stopped raiding "hard core" on my Priest back in Feb, but I've been doing light healing in a casual guild for the past month on my Shaman. You know what? It's boring. 2-3 Healers in 10 man and 5 healers in 25 man and I find myself sitting on my hands and casting Lightning Bolt out of boredom. I have really been thinking about this a lot lately, I have not played a DPS properly since Naxx, I've dabbled a bit in Ulduar, ToC and ICC (Shadow mainly, a bit of Rogue and Ret) and there is a big difference.

Allow me to create a new paragraph to explain the difference. Thank you. During progress kills, the DPS and Healers are almost always smashing buttons. Once fights are marked as "farm", the DPS continue to smash their buttons, but the healers do this less. Why? The boss dies quicker due to geared DPS, the tank takes less damage due to gear and the general raid takes less damage due to not sitting in the lazers, vortex, whirlwind, void zone, lightning or whatever.

Changing the healing situation so I don't feel the need to alt-tab, DPS or annoy the hell out of my friends on vent with drivel and can actually do something during the whole fight is a big plus for me.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-09-10 at 12:53 AM.

On-Topic. It does sort of look a bit spammy to me. I don't particularly relish the idea of having an "Auto Attack" like heal that I'm constantly using to slowly top people off, and I don't need a lot of time to sit there and think about my healing priority vs mana consumption. I have the feeling that healers who are already adept at the current model will find the new model a lot slower paced. If we're really have all that time to react to health bars I don't see healing be much of a challenge.[/QUOTE]

GC did say that it may seem like healers are just using their auto-attack heal the entire time, but that is only because content is not tuned properly yet. It is not their plan to just have the mana efficient heal just be spammed the entire instance. Although I could see that happening for regular once you are geared for heroics. They want you to have to choose between mana efficient, big heals, and emergency heals.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    Aliena? She is a member of TankSpot and often makes weird videos around different WoW related stuff.
    She also has a beautiful soothing voice.

The video embed isn't loading (or even appearing at all) for me. Anyone have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    The video embed isn't loading (or even appearing at all) for me. Anyone have a link?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8L-bxi7jr8
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I don't really keep up with the changes on beta a lot, but does anyone know why she never uses prayer of healing? Maybe it's very mana intensive or something but there were several situatons where she resorted to single target healing every member instead of using PoH.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    I don't really keep up with the changes on beta a lot, but does anyone know why she never uses prayer of healing? Maybe it's very mana intensive or something but there were several situatons where she resorted to single target healing every member instead of using PoH.
    It costs a lot, and if people aren't going to take more damage before you can heal them then Heal > PoH in terms of HPM (it could also be that the player is trying to keep Heal Chakra up, which takes a lot of Heal casting). It's difficult to judge the "true" state of Cataclysm healing from these videos. In all the dungeons I've been in, there are very few situations where people take much "HAVE TO HEAL NOW" kind of damage. Sure they'll take big spikes of damage, but usually they don't take any more after that so I can heal them up in good time. In Heroics and Raids, where the challenge should hopefully lie, there should be more of a question about whether you can afford the time to only utilize single-target spells.

Edit: how much damage your party takes also relies a lot on them. Groups that use the AoE-them-down mentality take a lot more damage than ones which use CC/focus fire.