Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsonia View Post
    Distant Land isn't that good, Heroic Hersir's Greatspear is BiS until what LK25 and heroic LK25 drops?
    Distant Land is terrific for survival. Actually, in a lot of cases the 277 version is better than regular Oathbinder (even for marks). Have a look around at guilds still acquiring gear from H LK. Most hunters will be using H Distand Land.

H Greatspear in a lot of cases is above and beyond better than both because of the hit (which most 264+ geared hunters need), and should only be replaced by H Oathbinder.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Distant Land is terrific for survival. Actually, in a lot of cases the 277 version is better than regular Oathbinder (even for marks). Have a look around at guilds still acquiring gear from H LK. Most hunters will be using H Distand Land.

H Greatspear in a lot of cases is above and beyond better than both because of the hit (which most 264+ geared hunters need), and should only be replaced by H Oathbinder.
    Distant land is itemized terribly for any marksman hunter. That being said, it isn't terrible for a Survival hunter at high gear levels. When gearing for epeen, it is great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Distant land is itemized terribly for any marksman hunter. That being said, it isn't terrible for a Survival hunter at high gear levels. When gearing for epeen, it is great, though.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50425;50695

Oathbinder = 115 Armor Pen over Distant Land heroic

H Distant Land = 2 Agi, 13 AP, 23 Crit, 122 Haste, 1 Socket over Oathbinder.

Do the math <.< Haste isn't completely worthless, and with those added stats, it's an obvious choice over Oathbinder when you can easily hit the armor pen cap elsewhere. Please keep in mind that I suggested H Greatspear was better than both, I'm not arguing that point.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Get Abyssal Rune from ToC5 normal or Nevermelting Ice Crystal from PoS Heroic. NMiC is your best choice as affliction. Read up on Critrolling before you start using it. Great post in the warlock forums here... "Learning to corrupt"...
    Get the crafted legs "Leggings of Woven Death and throw the t10 pants in your bank.
    Get the t10 chest so you have 4 pc bonus.

This alone will make you get rid of 244 hit. If you get the idea...?

Also... get the crafted Bejeweled Wizards Brazers instead of the pvp bracers you're using now. They're better. Also... check your gems, some of them are just bad choices. Like your t10 gloves for example or the 10haste/12 sp in your belt's white socket (23 sp...go with that..) or the gem in your cloak which gives you hit rating as a socket bonus... throw a 23 sp in there instead.. that list just goes on .. :-)

Nothing amazing or interesting about your hit. Just really, really bad gearing choices. Sorry dude. But that's what gearscore does to you - no wonder you can't do more than 6/12 as I would never personally invite you to a raid with that gear setup/stats. I'll go with the guy who knows what he's doing instead and where his gear choices show it.
    He/she are hunter.. I belive that hunters don't need sp since the AQ sets, amirite?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your hit is so high because your gear sucks. Get greatness or MoT if you QQ about a hit trinket. My hunter has never been that high in hr lol. I wouldn't bring you in a raid cuz of that >.<

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    He/she are hunter.. I belive that hunters don't need sp since the AQ sets, amirite?
    A warlock jumped in earlier and now the whole pool is dirty

Banner of Victory instead of the hit trinket would be a start

bad hunter is bad? from emblems you can replace shoulders and trinket easily...
    lol? t10 legs you pro!

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50425;50695

Oathbinder = 115 Armor Pen over Distant Land heroic

H Distant Land = 2 Agi, 13 AP, 23 Crit, 122 Haste, 1 Socket over Oathbinder.

Do the math <.< Haste isn't completely worthless, and with those added stats, it's an obvious choice over Oathbinder when you can easily hit the armor pen cap elsewhere. Please keep in mind that I suggested H Greatspear was better than both, I'm not arguing that point.
    then count that 115 arpen as 115 agility, since it means you can drop 6 arpen gems. 120 agi > those stats listed so your reason for saying H distant land is better, is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    Lets see, where to start.
    --You should never have a hit rating trinket.
    --You are survival specced and gemmed, bad idea.
    --You have far too much haste rating.
    --From the looks of it you go for the highest item level you can find.
    --You're using a haste glove enchant over agility/AP.

*Just my opinion.
    Haste goes down as you get better gear, im raiding with absolutely no haste on any of my gear. AND for lower gear levels survival does step ahead alot, atleast untill you can make a softcap or hardcap of armourpen or at least get close. The haste enchant for eng on gloves have always simmed higher for me than the standard enchant. Only thing i can say besides go out and raid is get rid of the tier legs. It still suprises me how many hunters go for the legs.

First off MM has a better stat budget than Surv so I hope MM is your main spec. (Because you can afford talents into the hit talent as MM without sacrificing essential DPS talents, allowing you to maximize useful itemization on non hit gear.)

Secondly, Mark of Supremacy shouts out "DURR I ARE GEARSCOR!" Bad. It's bad. It's actually terrible. I have one sitting in the bank back from before the ICC zone buff, which I used to make up for hit rating when I wore a lot of stamina gear for blood princes (because chasing after kinetic bombs sometimes leaves you with no soakers for an empowered flame sphere), and that is the only action it ever saw. You are likely way better off with a mirror of truth or a mark of supremacy while you wait for a WFS or DBW to come your way.

Then ofcourse Tier 10 legs shout out "look what I won on VoA". You should go for 25 man LDW legs or the crafted legs. Please tell me that you didn't spend any badges on them.

Haste yes is good for hunters but not something to deliberately gear for, I mean being steady capped is always nice but usually you find that with improved hawk proc (as MM) you are most of the time.

If you are capable of getting the 4 piece bonus then Tier 10 gloves are good, otherwise you should be wearing Logsplitters. The Tier 10 (2) bonus is nice but you should gear for that one with a combination of chest, shoulder and helm. Your biggest immediate improvement infact would probably be to replace your helm and shoulders with tier 10.

Then save badges for a Tier 10 chest while either farming mats for the crafted 264 legs or while farming LDW25 for the legs that she drops. Also get a higher ilevel weapon, since weapon ilevel is quintessential for good dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Cant belive it - i broke 600 hit rating and thats without FA talent specced? All hunter gear i come across looks like upgrade in rawr and has hit, and hit rating is growing like a plague (sometimes ashamed, luckily noone in pugs check hit )

Yes, i know i got +hit trinket, but really dont have any other and even if i get another one, i will still have 500hit.

edit:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&gn=WackaGnome
    ditch ur polearm, ditch ur crossbow, ur chest, ur hit trinket, etc. (although dont delete the hit trinket, cause you never know when u might lose too much hit, i keep that puppy in the bank just in case my dps set looses too much hit.
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

Seems like he isnt gearing for stats, seems like he's gearing towards pleasing his GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    bad hunter is bad? from emblems you can replace shoulders and trinket easily...
    lol? t10 legs you pro!

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 09:37 PM ----------

then count that 115 arpen as 115 agility, since it means you can drop 6 arpen gems. 120 agi > those stats listed so your reason for saying H distant land is better, is flawed.
    I'm not sure if you understand how incorrect the math in that statement is. o.o

build pics

Apparently 600 is a rediculous amount of hit or something. I had over 1000 at one point while gearing up in ToC when that was the highest raid on my rogue, had stopped shortly after ULD came out so almost all the gear was an upgrade from my naxx gear and so much of it had hit.