Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfist View Post
    "we feel that paladins having a second resource system makes them too much like death knights. Or maybe rogues, i forgot which we were going to use. Anyway, we've replaced that with every move having a chance to proc off of judgement. :d
    don't you dare give them ideas

don't you dare

Deleted
    You make a point though, tabards are essentially overcloaks for chest items. How is this OK? :O

I agree with Blizz on this one. A big part of what makes getting new gear fun is that your appearance changes. Removing that would reduce getting new gear to just stats. Stats are pretty boring.

Admit that it's by far more fun to get a new weapon or shoulder, than it is to get new bracers or rings, since it makes a big change in your appearance.

Lotro
    WAR
    Guild Wars
    Torchligh
    those 4 are the mmo's that i know that have that feature
    (in torchlight they said they will put it in)
    all those 4 companies together cant match up against blizzard both in money and manpower!!!!
    anyway lets hope they will announce it at blizzcon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    I agree with Blizz on this one. A big part of what makes getting new gear fun is that your appearance changes. Removing that would reduce getting new gear to just stats. Stats are pretty boring.

Admit that it's by far more fun to get a new weapon or shoulder, than it is to get new bracers or rings, since it makes a big change in your appearance.

Is the difference between heroic and normal gear anything but stats?

Druids look the same at lvl 10 as they do at 100.

People dont get gear to look cool, they get it to have the stats. The appearance is a secondary motive, and weak compared to what they actually want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post

so you see a green that looks uber by your standard BUT you cant use it bacause you will suck on dps/heal/tanking
    now think this
    you see the best looking weapon in the game!its a lvl 15 blue(for you its the coolest looking one)its stats are +5 to hp but you really like that icon what do you do?you put it on on the appearance tab and have your current BIS weapon to use!
    Hmmm what to choose...what to choose!

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    so you see a green that looks uber by your standard BUT you cant use it bacause you will suck on dps/heal/tanking
    now think this
    you see the best looking weapon in the game!its a lvl 15 blue(for you its the coolest looking one)its stats are +5 to hp but you really like that icon what do you do?you put it on on the appearance tab and have your current BIS weapon to use!
    We don't know the limitations they'll put on it. For all we know, it'll be at least not gray-quality items.
    Speculation is useless when it's been hinted at and I suggest nobody get themselves excited or disappointed before this feature's even been announced.
    They ARE working on it. I know this. But it's on the drawing board stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    now think this
    Seriously, some of the best looking characters are the guys on RP realms with gear from all different levels.

I saw a guy dressed up with a wolf helmet, harness chest from org, a fel orc sword, and a mammoth cape(which has low lvl look alikes ^_^). some boots and legs i forgot.

I was like, I WANNA LOOK LIKE THAT WHEN I RAID! ;.;

It's a regular cloak now instead of an overcloak because they didn't want you to have the ability to change the appearance on your cloak-cloaks for some reason (guess it's because the cloak designers started whining about it!)...
    dint the cloak designers kinda designed this lovely cloak in the first place o.O
    now the cloak designers made this fine cloak and no one is even gonna wear it >_> talk about wasting a fine design.

btw
    wtb cloak with hood

Lotro
    WAR
    Guild Wars
    Torchligh
    those 4 are the mmo's that i know that have that feature
    (in torchlight they said they will put it in)
    all those 4 companies together cant match up against blizzard both in money and manpower!!!!
    anyway lets hope they will announce it at blizzcon :P
    Aion has something similar you can swap the skin of your current gear with an other skin (if you got the item that is)and you can even color(dye)your current clothing.
    only restriction it has (as far as i know) that if you wear plate for example you only can use other plate items for the appearance so basically you wont see a cloth wearer with plate gear skins
    Last edited by Malackai; 2010-09-09 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    We don't know the limitations they'll put on it. For all we know, it'll be at least not gray-quality items.
    Speculation is useless when it's been hinted at and I suggest nobody get themselves excited or disappointed before this feature's even been announced.
    Im starting to wonder if your just saying all these things to be contrary, or that youre just blinded to the obvious truth.

If not being excited is what theyre telling us, or what youre telling us.
    They should stop announcing game features entirely.

Yea youre just saying this shit on purpose

85 Fury Warrior is in a set of leather fur. Oh wait, jaykay, he's in full S10 gear and a <melee legendary name here>.
    See the issue? See why Blizzard's waiting for a better time to implement this system?
    Wait you can tell someone's strength from their gear?
    When does that assement take place?

200 yards away?
    100?
    50?
    20?
    10?

Are you sure you dont just CLICK on them and see they have 20k more hp than you?

If that was really an issue, every other MMO that has this feature already in place would be in a lot of trouble.
    wait lets google.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gear+Customization+isn%27t+fair
    Last edited by LizardMan; 2010-09-09 at 11:48 AM.

i am not talking about a possible blizz tool i am talking as how it works now in other games!

If they were to keep, you'll got bored with the overcloaks within a month anyway.

I think the cloaks that we get ingame, are good enough looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    If they were to keep, you'll got bored with the overcloaks within a month anyway.

I think the cloaks that we get ingame, are good enough looking.
    Its not the one overcloak, its the idea of the overcloak.
    Even at that, guild overcloaks so I can actually see my tabard when I play horde.

If blizz cant settle for a cape swap, what hope is there for any sort of item customization?

Quote Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
    Its not the one overcloak, its the idea of the overcloak.
    Even at that, guild overcloaks so I can actually see my tabard when I play horde.

If blizz cant settle for a cape swap, what hope is there for any sort of item customization?
    the mechanism is there since you have the tabard-show/hide options i mean its the same coding more or less!
    and even if it was super hard i mean if 1 company can do it is blizz(which isnt since the majority of mmo's have something similar!

as for the nay sayers
    ok picture this
    a rogue!in the t3(i think most rogues love that set or something anyway just implement your best combination)with both warglaives and the leather eyeband from illidan! i mean for a rogue thats a killer combination and even i like it and iam not a rogue :P
    ofc you must already have the items in order to put them in the appearance tab!

Deleted
    i would gladly accept they didn't implement the overcloak system if they fire every single cloak designer working on wow now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak "Off" as always for me. Blizzard is so cheap sometimes it's ridiculous. Literally, they don't like to design anything that looks semi decent (really who has their cloaks on) and then is worried about people actually showing off their cloaks for once lol. Character Customization is a good thing and something we as consumers deserve in my opinion.

P.S. I wouldn't even be home in time to get the overcloak and this still disappoints me for the other players (where "special overcloaks" were mentioned in their world event preview).

Why does Blizzard not copy the remodelling system from Aion?
    That way the do not add any new content, no new sets, no new graphics - it's just switching some numbers.
    This is how it works in Aion. You go to a NPC and ask him to remodel you item.

In the first slot you put item, which stats you want (= awesome looking item with crap stats)

In second one you put item which “skin” you want (= crap looking item with awesome stats)

You have to accept and pay

Done - have fun with the same stats on a better looking piece of armor

They already used old graphics with new stats with Onyxia. So it can't be very hard to implement.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2010-09-09 at 12:22 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Well as many times as I read the post I am unable to understand why overcloaks are such a big customization for players.IT's just beyond me, I have no idea why they don't want it implemented.Maybe Cloak exploits? No frikkin idea...

I'll just leave reading it again up to you.

What this tells me is that they want to do it, but they don't want a STR cloak masking an AGI cloak, or a gray weapon masking a high iLvl 85 one.
    What do they mean with masking ?
    That you would only see the overcloack insted of the normal one when you do an inspect ?
    At least that would finally break the Gearscore hell.

or does masking just means the way things look on you, but you see the normal item whne inspecting ?

I was looking forward to those over cloaks.
    "Oh lord strike me down!"