Thread: Guild kicked

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    no actually your argument is not valid.
    cloth is the only armor for mage/priest/lock.
    so if you want cloth instead of leather wait till those classes got all the gear they need.
    it may be BiS for you but it's also for one of them.
    if it was my guild i wouldn't even let you roll for cloth.only as OS.
    Peanut minds, this guy should have the same roll rights.

If you would given us a good reason i would agree

ill just facepalm instead

*facepalm*

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might have more luck in the future if you fix that attitude, and post some data or something to back up your point, instead of threatening to quit and sounding like a child throwing a temper tantrum over loot.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the basic issue, though many have already outlined it, I just like seeing my own text! ;

The situation created by Blizzard must be maintained by Raid Groups. Sadly they gave us very little to work with other than policies that we must put in to place within our Guilds to ensure that Gear goes to who deserves it.

Case in Point; I don't let my Hunters roll on Leather. However this is different than Caster Gear, as much of the Cloth Gear is indeed better than the Leather. Regardless, what my own Guild determined was that Gear must be given to the Classes who have highest priority in that armor type. So, while some Cloth is better than Leather, if it comes down to a Cloth *only* player rolling against one that can win Leather, we give it to the cloth.

I realize this may seem unfair to some who only look at BiS lists and don't understand why they can't check something off their list, but fair is fair; Every armor type you can equip essentially doubles the amount of gear you can get over others.

Quote Originally Posted by zæl View Post
    hello, i just got guild kicked on my pala in a guild where i was social
    Stopped reading there, what makes you think you get gear priority as a social?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    Stopped reading there, what makes you think you get gear priority as a social?
    I think he meant he was a friendly member

If he *DID* mean he is Social (i.e. the useless kind) the yes I'd agree with you.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me the DPS difference between a char with only BiS gear and a char with all BiS except for 2-3 slots with second BiS gear?

If it is huge I may have to agree with the guy but as it stance I strongly disagree

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Can someone tell me the DPS difference between a char with only BiS gear and a char with all BiS except for 2-3 slots with second BiS gear?

If it huge I may have to agree with the guy but as it stance I strongly disagree
    so many variables.

Deleted
    I would have kicked you too. If a guild has loot rules you don't like, don't join it. If you go to a guild raid and say "i'm gonna leave if I can't roll on..." then yeah, I'd gkick you. No one needs a drama queen over loot in a raid. As you've posted about this here..... you clearly are very much a drama queen and they're well rid of you.

Deleted
    i was social, and having a vent discussion about this stuff, check other pages for the rest, dont even play my druid anymore just told them how i would react if thing wont go 'fair enough' can live with passing but cant live not being able to need on bis etc not even raiding with them just a irl mate is in that guild and i joined as social hell even migrated to that server to be in a guild with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post

If it is huge I may have to agree with the guy but as it stance I strongly disagree
    The ability of the person to actually use the gear as well as fight mechanics make some BiS stuff an extreme variable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion View Post
    so many variables.
    true but still, I'm calculating in my head atm and it's around 82% chance that it all comes down to ~150 dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zæl View Post
    i was social, and having a vent discussion about this stuff, check other pages for the rest, dont even play my druid anymore just told them how i would react if thing wont go 'fair enough' can live with passing but cant live not being able to need on bis etc not even raiding with them just a irl mate is in that guild and i joined as social hell even migrated to that server to be in a guild with him.
    Ah, yea in that case I would totally have let you roll... and laughed! Why would you even want a BiS when your not going to use it to it's maximum ability.
    I mean, I suppose theres the whole fun factor "Look guys! I got a DBW! It will really help me do my dailies on the server I am transferring back to in a few weeks!" Pretty selfish tho'
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2010-09-09 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    no actually your argument is not valid.
    cloth is the only armor for mage/priest/lock.
    so if you want cloth instead of leather wait till those classes got all the gear they need.
    it may be BiS for you but it's also for one of them.
    if it was my guild i wouldn't even let you roll for cloth.only as OS.
    Mostly this.
    If i was still playing my mage, and some durid comes to take cloth loot, that is made for my class and i need it, i would rage.
    If no one needs it, np.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I would have kicked you too. If a guild has loot rules you don't like, don't join it. If you go to a guild raid and say "i'm gonna leave if I can't roll on..." then yeah, I'd gkick you. No one needs a drama queen over loot in a raid. As you've posted about this here..... you clearly are very much a drama queen and they're well rid of you.
    This also

I wish i could flame you without getting banned
    Last edited by psycon; 2010-09-09 at 01:30 PM.

im sure this has been said already but ....erm roll on gear in a guild run? im sorry i don't understand i didn't realise there were still guilds that relied on pot luck to gear up their regular raiders.

hell as a social your lucky to get to roll on anything most guilds i know of loot goes to raiders first then anything else can go to the socials/alts or whatever. only sensible way for a guild to work.

Uh oh. This thread is NOT gonna end well. Rolling on cloth when you can wear leather, or rolling on leather when you wear plate... Oh the drama, nomnomnom !

As a guild leader myself, I can tell right off the bat that they were most likely just looking for an excuse to kick you out anyway and this was perfect for them. If that's how you always communicate, I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did.

If I'm incorrect and you're a perfect little angel, you're still wrong and loot drama should always earn a /gkick.

Cloth is for clothies. Thinking you're allowed to punish your guildmates because of Blizzard's horrible itemization is just not a "I want to be in a Guild!" frame of mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digiNuck View Post
    As a guild leader myself, I can tell right off the bat that they were most likely just looking for an excuse to kick you out anyway and this was perfect for them. If that's how you always communicate, I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did.

If I'm incorrect and you're a perfect little angel, you're still wrong and loot drama should always earn a /gkick.

Cloth is for clothies. Thinking you're allowed to punish your guildmates because of Blizzard's horrible itemization is just not a "I want to be in a Guild!" frame of mind.
    I hate the /thread thingies but this post has made the rest of the posts more or less useless. digiNuck 1 - thread 0

1. You were social. If you were arguing enough to get gkicked you probably deserved it.

2. BiS while being best in slot is often only a small upgrade from the gear within your own type bracket. Whereas when upgrading from 10man gear to 25man gear for a clothy it is a medium upgrade. For the guild it is more benifical to give cloth to cloth users, because the leather users have leather drops. If you decide you want to DE half the gear that drops, because leather and plate itemisation is wrong, then it is going to take the guild twice as long to gear up its members. Guild > You.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofymoonkin View Post
    If your guilds is into min/maxing..they wont limit a moonkin
    If a guild is into min/maxing, now way they will give BIS caster dps gear to a moonkin.