Thread: AQ mounts

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

AQ mounts

I've been wondering, are they considering to make the shiny Battle tanks usable outside the instance ? Cause there nice models and it make's me sad that I can't see more of them hanging around.
    discuss :-)

Also, sorry if this has been posted a million times already (haven't seen any of those posts)
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    I've been wondering, are they considering to make the shiny Battle tanks usable outside the instance ? Cause there nice models and it make's me sad that I can't see more of them hanging around.

Also, sorry if this has been posted a million times already (haven't seen any of those posts)

Unfortunately it may never happen. But you never know!

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Deleted
    Won't happen...The only AQ mount that could be used outside the raid was retired some time ago

It'd be nice, but I've never heard of blizz mentiong it as a yay or nay. I suggest an offitial forum post if you want an answer.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell, I'd take AQ mounts working in Silithus and Ulduam at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    Hell, I'd take AQ mounts working in Silithus and Ulduam at this point.
    I have to support this

I sure hope that comes to pass, but my rational part of the brain tells me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    It'd be nice, but I've never heard of blizz mentiong it as a yay or nay. I suggest an offitial forum post if you want an answer.
    you have to think about this logically, the mounts that drop from AQ were implemented for the sheer fact that the instance is so big. the only real "mount" was awarded to the first person that opened the gates.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

They just recently said that they have no plans to allow them to be used outside of AQ. I'll try to find the post.

Edit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&sid=2000#15
    We have no plans to do this now or in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    you have to think about this logically, the mounts that drop from AQ were implemented for the sheer fact that the instance is so big. the only real "mount" was awarded to the first person that opened the gates.
    You also need to account for the fact that mounts have changed drastically since vanilla. Arthats time people had to work damned hard for a 100% mount. Now it is given away at level 40. The game has changed.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Black Qiraji battle tank is the only one allowed outside of aq unfortunately, and even then only 1 person per realm has one

Maybe just red, because blue/yellow/green drop rate is so high that all we would see is kid Dk's that got carried for mounts, 'showing them off' in the cities
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Zersturong View Post
    Black Qiraji battle tank is the only one allowed outside of aq unfortunately, and even then only 1 person per realm has one
    Anyone who hit the gong within the next 10 hours (after having done the quest chain) also got one, and not all realms have had the gates open, so not entirely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

ya mounts have changed but not the pretext for what they were used for. you cant look at these mounts and say that its wrong because the standards in wrath were changed. you have to look at vanilla and judge it by that.
    Last edited by Senbo; 2010-09-09 at 04:54 PM. Reason: edit
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post

I certainly hope not :P I like being the only one on my server with an AQ bug outside the instance

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    They just recently said that they have no plans to allow them to be used outside of AQ. I'll try to find the post.

Edit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&sid=2000#15
    Thats to bad, ah well, there's going to be a silithid mount from archeology, so I hope I'l get one of those
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Quote Originally Posted by Sápphh View Post
    Anyone who hit the gong within the next 10 hours (after having done the quest chain) also got one, and not all realms have had the gates open, so not entirely true.
    sadly, blizz announced that any new realms would already have that quest chain completed and the gates would be open from the start...lemme try to dig up the post

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Deleted
    Thats rubbish... everyone should get a second chance to get the mounts xD... but oh well we can live without it... have done for the last few years!

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    sadly, blizz announced that any new realms would already have that quest chain completed and the gates would be open from the start...lemme try to dig up the post
    Hasn't it been like that since BC?

Edit: Ignore my moment of stupidity. I seem to be having a lot of those lately.
    Last edited by Togarox; 2010-09-15 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sápphh View Post

Considering the amount of farming it took, there is probably like 1 or 2 realms where more than 1 player gor the mount.