Another style of thread to ban

I've carefully reviewed the forum guidelines and believe there should be another 'style' of thread that is to be deemed as "ban-able content"

Lately i have seen many threads who's sole purpose is to complain about some change or comment seen on the blue posts.

It is my belief that these style threads should be considered "flaming," (section 1 of the guidelines) i believe that they are created for the "sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums" and are 100% absolutely "non-constructive." (all section 7 of the guidelines). It is not up to readers, and posters to "re-steer" the direction of the thread towards a more constructive goal, as respectful posters tend to do. It is up to the author to originate it in a constructive manner). (note, eventually many threads do deviate off course, and then posters and the author alike help to re-steer it back..which is normal. That is not what I'm referring to here).

While it is not the prerogative of readers and admins, it is my belief that the duty of an author to a new thread should properly research the topic of the thread (especially if it's going to be a thread through which they can complain about some change). Many authors incite cynicism and rage towards comments made by blizzard forum posters. These authors do not heed the "this is a beta, please take changes with a grain of salt" and this warning is always noted by MMOC Moderators on News posts, and by Blizzard forum posters. MMO Champion does not take responsibility of content created, authored, and originated by Blizzard Entertainment, therefore threads that recklessly complain about such content is not needed. This is not the correct forum (ha! pun not intended) for such debate (and it should be taken to the blizzard forums in a constructive manner).

A thread that is created so that the poster can complain... is not constructive, it degrades forum conversation, it invites aggressive counter-posting, and is generally not pleasant to read. Under many examples, counter aggressive posts provoke additional flaming. As many readers will see, a downward spiral of useless nonconstructive posts ensues.

I think "threads/posts created for the sole purpose of complaining" should be considered trolling, and be banned. If it is unclear of the intent of the original poster, then I believe Authors need to be explicit as to the goal of their thread.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Shmo; 2010-09-09 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    while it is true that complaint posts can cause some unrest and malicious responses, a lot of the complaint threads actually end up in decent conversations. for example, there's a thread where GC replied to stating that he liked the discussion in there, but because the starter post was a bit too complaining, he couldn't reply constructively. so while the starter post was complanatory, the discussion was decent.

but i agree that complaining often leads to more complaining, and should be kept to a minimum. only in situations like the corruption hasting, where a class can be fundamentally broken, is complaining useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmo View Post
    tl;dr!
    Too much thought went into writing that, and not enough went into the fact that this thread creates unrest.

If this is a troll post (it's not), I give you a 0/10.

Deleted
    I agree with this. People making thread complaining about ZG removal is just trolls. Because they can't really remove my mounts right?

right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shmo View Post
    I think "threads/posts created for the sole purpose of complaining" should be considered trolling, and be banned. If it is unclear of the intent of the original poster, then I believe Authors need to be explicit as to the goal of their thread.

Thanks for reading!
    I agree with this. There are some threads that have nothing of value to offer in these forums and while I do understand that there is only so much that can be done, I feel that if it's possible, that this should be considered. They could be labeled as "Whine Threads" Or "Complaining without giving much to offer in form of a discussion"
    /shrugs
    Just my two cents.
    Last edited by deathmetalzf; 2010-09-09 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Adding addtional thoughts to my statement to support my points! :D

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

They can lead to interesting discussions, but usually...do not.
    In short, it should be a bannable offense imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story