Poll: Darkness - Too expensive for what you get?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Darkness is fine, but as Theed says Phantasm needs a buff.

I still think it should allow Fade to break stuns.

NOTE THAT IF IT DID, IT WOULD BE LOGICAL AND CORRECT FOR ALL COOLDOWN REDUCTION EFFECTS FOR FADE TO BE REMOVED
    Then we'd definitely need a change to Veiled Shadows:

"Reduces a cooldown on a spell you won't get for another 55 levels or so. Why'd you spec into this?"

not sure what happened to PASSIVES = BORING but hey, they got rid of a lot of them so there's still hope. I'm not holding my breath because the idea is to give disc/holy a reason to drop points in shadow which up till now there was literally none. That's a lot of haste and can open up gearing opportunities. It'll be interesting to see if its worth going with that for a disc arena build where haste is currently king.

their philosophy fails when you consider that every tree has a subset of the abilities being useful in different playtypes. PVP talents versus PVE limit the trees and make the 31 points you'll spend in shadow VERY VERY VERY VERY obvious in PVE. At that point all talents are boring because if you're shadow PVE you simply put the same 31 in shadow and same 10 in disc.

So I personally don't care, every time they tweak the talents its a minor change / version of 10/0/31 for shadow. Arcangel adds plenty of interest for priests, so of course there are going to be boring talents. We're getting a few new buttons to incorporate into the rotation. The threat of SW DEATH coming back as well (doubt it) and 3-4 substantial tree changes with orbs, apparition and arcangel. It's more than shadow's ever gotten in the history of wow at the same time. We'll see!

Having Fade break stuns would be stupidly overpowered. We're already rogue killers... we don't need anything else.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Having Fade break stuns would be stupidly overpowered. We're already rogue killers... we don't need anything else.
    Yeah, that would be pretty crazy. Just put the Phantasm effect into Shadowform and get rid of the talent. It's way too underbudget but putting anything else into it that fits would probably just make it overpowered.

I suppose you could add a limited snare immunity to it. "Your fade now breaks movement imparing effects and grants you the Phantasm effect, which makes you immune to movement imparing effects being applied for X seconds."
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
    Yeah, that would be pretty crazy. Just put the Phantasm effect into Shadowform and get rid of the talent. It's way too underbudget but putting anything else into it that fits would probably just make it overpowered.
    Move it down a tier so it can be picked up by Disc, IMO.

[e] : But on the Topic of Darkness, Haste does effect more than it has previously, so 3% may not seem that powerful with 3 points, but now that it adds more ticks & also effects SW:P, it's gotten more use. It's really something that has to be seen with balanced raw numbers first to see how the Haste effects it.
    Last edited by Autumn xD; 2010-09-12 at 05:39 AM.

i disagree that fade breaking stuns would break us, but there's absolutely no point in arguing because all points for both sides are based on anecdotal evidence.

the point everyone can agree on is that phantasm is crap and needs a buff, or to be removed and the effect made baseline for shadow (baking it into shadowform or another talent or something).

Deleted
    lvl 29 with 8% base haste is not bad , its actually IMBA