Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    It's nice but.. gee another bikini babe in the cold northrend *mini yay*

Oh and notice the fainted(?) female nelf behind the Belf Paladin... what's up with that ? >.>
    Hey look, a babe in Northrend! /faint
    That's what I assume, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinvol View Post
    I'm not a fan of throwing this word out, but this piece is truly epic.
    agreed on both^^

Oh and notice the fainted(?) female nelf behind the Belf Paladin... what's up with that ? >.>
    that's actually not a nightelf, that's a troll :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
    by Kevin Chin
    oh look, more troll dungeons!

five fanarts by rieul:

tauren sunwalker

nightelf mage

orc mage (i suppose he's looking forward to cata^^)

undead warlock in t8 again

undead dk in t7

i sadly don't know the artist of this one, it's titled "beauty in the forest" (big version here). very fitting, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i sadly don't know the artist of this one, it's titled "beauty in the forest" (big version here). very fitting, imo
    Woah.
    Need to be that good...
    What do you think it is done with?

Traditional sketch art + PS coloring I guess.
    But...
    It's so...
    Perfect ='[
    New Desktop, easily one of the very best pieces of Art I have ever seen. Anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    But...
    It's so...
    Perfect ='[
    New Desktop, easily one of the very best pieces of Art I have ever seen. Anywhere.
    i usually prefer dark desktops (not because of the dark atmosphere, but because it looks better with the icons on top of it, imo), but i agree. it's definitely one of the best i've seen so far.

@Dalliah, very nice pics there too. i really like the argent crusade ones, although none of them beat the first one so far.

Deleted
    I think I could draw you one where he is trying to string a bow, a wolf ripping out his neck, a trap in a heap on the ground, while a flare is burning out his hair...
    While a Dwarf stands in the background drinking beer and laughing, with his pet sitting calmly beside him, and a Nelf and Draenei not even giving him a glance, sitting under the shade of a tree having a with their cats sleeping curled up nearby.
    It would be titled "Don't. Fucking. Do it."
    Daw I like hunters very much :P I also like humans.

Am i really that bad? :P

i usually prefer dark desktops (not because of the dark atmosphere, but because it looks better with the icons on top of it, imo), but i agree. it's definitely one of the best i've seen so far.
    Meh, I have 4 icons... (I'm a little OCD, I think =P)
    Quote Originally Posted by SigneGT View Post
    Daw I like hunters very much :P I also like humans.

Am i really that bad? :P
    Yes. Hunter are brilliant. Humans are pretty cool.
    But that doesn't mean the combination is good. Like Chocolate Cake and Chilli Heatwave Doritos. On their own, they are worthy of exultation, together...
    Like Dwarf mages too. I mean, there is no reason why Dwarves shouldn't be mages, it just doesn't seem... right.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that doesn't mean the combination is good. Like Chocolate Cake and Chilli Heatwave Doritos. On their own, they are worthy of exultation, together...
    Like Dwarf mages too. I mean, there is no reason why Dwarves shouldn't be mages, it just doesn't seem... right.
    i agree on the dwarf mages part, but human hunters are actually very natural^^

Very talented Chinese artist.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 06:34 PM ----------

i agree on the dwarf mages part, but human hunters are actually very natural^^
    Woodsmen, or more traditional hunters yeah, people who can shoot bears are fine. Even training beasts is alright, as people can in real life. But, the thought of them using Aspects, and stuff, just seems odd, they aren't that in touch with nature or anything.

Just because there is FanArt of it, doesn't make it awesome =P

Dawww...

Deleted

I disagree on the human hunter part. Now, i don't know a whole lot about wow-lore (not as much as i would like), but for example in Dungeons and Dragons, humans are very versatile and can play almost every class. They dont really have a speciality, but they give the player great freedom in making backgrounds and so on, whereas many other races have traits or classes that fits them better than others.

Also, humans are my favourite alliance race and hunters are my favourite class, with the possibility to combine them, why say no?

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I have 4 icons... (I'm a little OCD, I think =P)
    I got none on my laptop, they're all on my taskbar. THOU SHALST NOT OBSTRUCT MY WALLPAPER, FOUL ICONS!

By guojian for a magazine AKA Breathing2004

Sunset: A Moment in Silvermoon City by guojian

Riseup,my warrior! by Guojian

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerloin View Post
    I got none on my laptop, they're all on my taskbar. THOU SHALST NOT OBSTRUCT MY WALLPAPER, FOUL ICONS!
    Good man! =D

This one is pretty cool...

10+ Year Old Account
    Woodsmen, or more traditional hunters yeah, people who can shoot bears are fine. Even training beasts is alright, as people can in real life. But, the thought of them using Aspects, and stuff, just seems odd, they aren't that in touch with nature or anything.
    may be true, but if you are going that much into details, you can find similar things for many class/race combinations. why, for example, should a nightelf use an ability like arcane shot?! (pre cataclysm that is) they like everything arcane about as much as draenei like fel magic.
    and dwarfes aren't really "that in touch with nature" either. they are just great with guns :P

also, there are nearly always examples of rather unusual class/race combinations in lore. a good example would probably be undead holy priest. they do exist. they just aren't really common and they need a very specific and uncommon kind of person.

may be true, but if you are going that much into details, you can find similar things for many class/race combinations.
    "Lalalala I'm not listening."
    Arcane shot has never made sense, I hate it.
    But Dwarves are in touch with nature, I mean... they are descended from people made out of Earth. Dwarven Shamans should have been in since the beginning...

Also very good.
    But that beauty in the forest one...
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-10-27 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    also, there are nearly always examples of rather unusual class/race combinations in lore. a good example would probably be undead holy priest. they do exist. they just aren't really common and they need a very specific and uncommon kind of person.
    That one's been explained.

They can all wield the Light, but it hurts like hell. The reason why they can't be pallies is that while a priest channels the power, acting like a 'funnel' for it (most recent source: The Shattering), a paladin fills themselves like a vessel (source: Tides of Darkness).

Basically, a Forsaken paladin using the Light would CC themselves. However, a mind-controlled undead paladin can still do it (Zeliek for example) because while the mental pain is there, it's not their mind that issues orders to the body.

Deleted
    "Lalalala I'm not listening."
    Arcane shot has never made sense, I hate it.
    But Dwarves are in touch with nature, I mean... they are descended from people made out of Earth. Dwarven Shamans should have been in since the beginning...
    I suppose you might be right, but why should one human being not be able to get in touch with nature? It seems unrealistic that they wouldn't be able to learn, given the right teachers, just because it's not typical for their race.

Deleted
    Also, a Forsaken being healed by the holy light will feel a burning pain but their wounds are healed.
    Basically they suffer so they don't die.
    The same goes for death knights.

Imagine my surprise when I wanted to use that in a story, way before they gave us this new info on the Light, and then hearing their explanation...