Deleted

Should they 'Instance/phase' all the starting zones?

I was just levelling up my latest Blood Elf and reading some of the quest text (specifically the one where you find the nelf and dwarf spy) and if I remember correctly the Blood Elves don't 'join' the horde until the end of the quest chain where you go Sylvanas and then Thrall (similar to how Goblins and Worgen don't join their new fsctions till the end of the zone.) and it kinda breaks immersion when you see horde etc running around (yes I remember the forsaken you meet in ghostlands)

And this got me thinking about how much more they could add to all the starter zones if they instanced or phased them to show things like joining the new faction etc and would be a nice way to get people into the lore of their class and would also bring the starter zones up to scratch with the Worgen/Goblin zones.

I know its probably just a pipe dream and we won't see something on this scale added.

Hope I got my point across properly

They were part of the Horde. They just hadn't earned their keep. Noone really looked to them as strong people because they couldn't take care of themselves until they killed the guy in the ghostlands who was causing all sorts of trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Deleted
    Yes, it's a better warm-up bout what you're gonna experience outside it. + It prevents ganking lowbies
    And it should enlighten you with some lore through Quests you must finish instead of powerleveling.

Phasing didnt really exist when TBC was released. If it did I'm oretty sure Blizzard would have used it. Regarding the other zones its just too much work that most people wouldnt care about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I was just levelling up my latest Blood Elf and reading some of the quest text (specifically the one where you find the nelf and dwarf spy) and if I remember correctly the Blood Elves don't 'join' the horde until the end of the quest chain where you go Sylvanas and then Thrall (similar to how Goblins and Worgen don't join their new fsctions till the end of the zone.) and it kinda breaks immersion when you see horde etc running around (yes I remember the forsaken you meet in ghostlands)
    You gave a bad example, the Forsaken and the Blood Elves were already allied in the Ghostlands, before Quel'thalas joining the Horde.

Deleted
    No. It's an mmo not a single player game. It's designed to be experienced with the presence of other players.

Instead of adding phasing, they should be making it easier to work together in groups whilst questing; not doing the opposite.

Yeah, we need more world-shrinking and possible group-disrupting phasing.

I for one would love to level an alt and never see another person because they are in different phases than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You gave a bad example, the Forsaken and the Blood Elves were already allied in the Ghostlands, before Quel'thalas joining the Horde.
    He meant horde players not NPCs that are intended there

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive. But what it hides is far more important
    ^^ win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aris View Post
    He meant horde players not NPCs that are intended there
    He said Forsaken players. Which is a bad example.

But it's a moot point, because if Blizz was to change the Belf starting zone, it would change it to fit the Cataclysm-timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius View Post
    No. It's an mmo not a single player game. It's designed to be experienced with the presence of other players.

Instead of adding phasing, they should be making it easier to work together in groups whilst questing; not doing the opposite.
    But you must remember this is an ever-changing world (or so they are trying to make it) where what you do does actually have an impact. Phasing allows changes to occur in front of your eyes and immerses you into the world that much more. Just don't stay up late and finish a phasing zone without your friends and you can hang with them all you want (or wait til they finish the same chain).

Phasing, while it can be a hinderance at times, is a plus and phasing starting zones would be pretty cool. Do it kind of like the Battle for Undercity quest where you go to Org and no one's there until you finish the quest (because you're in a phased version).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davantius View Post

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Yeah, we need more world-shrinking and possible group-disrupting phasing.

I for one would love to level an alt and never see another person because they are in different phases than me.
    Because the first 10 levels are the whole game /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Because the first 10 levels are the whole game /facepalm
    It would add more, as in a higher quantity than there already is.

I know that semi-abstract thought might be a little difficult, but there it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmmm... RAF + phased starting zones should be interesting...

Who said that you won't be able to see other players while phased if you like to do it so? Blizzard can implement a way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Yes, it's a better warm-up bout what you're gonna experience outside it. + It prevents ganking lowbies
    And it should enlighten you with some lore through Quests you must finish instead of powerleveling.
    Lowbies shouldnt be flagged in low level zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    It would add more, as in a higher quantity than there already is.

I know that semi-abstract thought might be a little difficult, but there it is.
    It would add more to the lower levels, If I remember correctly WoW loses alot of new players (wasn't it about 70% don't play past the free month) and something with as much immersion as the Worgen and Goblin starter zones would help alot with that.

Even if it was just little things to begin with, like the dead scar having less and less undead as you complete the quests, or the harbour becoming free of the wrecthed etc

I posted in the suggestions forums YEARS ago that if they made the starting zones instanced and didn't let you leave them until you were level 5 that would cut the spammers down fast. Also some restrictions on allowing you to whisper people who did NOT have you on their friends list until you were out of the starter zone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    I posted in the suggestions forums YEARS ago that if they made the starting zones instanced and didn't let you leave them until you were level 5 that would cut the spammers down fast. Also some restrictions on allowing you to whisper people who did NOT have you on their friends list until you were out of the starter zone as well.
    Gold spammers can hack the game so they can fly, do you honestly think a level cap will stop them spamming :P They would just hack that.

I think the beginning of the BE starting zone your already apart of the horde, but it was done secrectly. Your trying to fester the strangling alliance members out of your zone.

Maybe? idk i really didn't really read thier quest texts.

However I think the newer starting zone will be phased a bit, but not instanced.
    Last edited by Kuhnta; 2010-09-10 at 03:08 AM. Reason: adding