Thread: PvP

Deleted

PvP

Hello,

I used to have a PvP DK a while back. Now I haven't played wow for a long time, and I am curious to know whats the best way to go for pvp on a dk now.

I used to play as frost I believe.

Basically looking for a pvp frost spec/rotation, what weapon (dw/2h etc) and what glyphs?

Thanks!

Kieran

10+ Year Old Account
    You should definitely go unholy, with either Bryn'troll or Shadow's Edge. Its the only viable dk arena spec. Gem for strength, glyphs are Dark Death, Scourge Strike (I believe, there may be alternatives) and Ghoul.
    Unholy pvp build with frost sub-spec
    Unholy pvp build with blood sub-spec
    Either of those is good, take your pick. I prefer the blood sub-spec.

Fair warning, however, death knights are not what you likely remember them to be. We're kind of bad in arena right now. Still fun as hell in BGs though.

As you asked for frost pvp stuff, however, I will dig out my old frost pvp guild and get you what I can in a bit.
    Ok onto your request for frost pvp stuff. This is what I got so far. The most popular frost pvp spec seems to be this (uses dual wield) but I don't like that one because it doesn't take Hungering Cold or Unbreakable Armor. imo, pvping as frost without hungering cold in 100% pointless.
    Another one that *was* used a lot (when people pvp'd as frost more commonly) was this which is a 2h frost spec. More spike, plus it takes hungering cold and unbreakable armor (the other spec can too if you play with it a bit). I would reccomend the second one personally. I used to use a DW version of that spec, and while the spike was low, it was pretty fun.
    If you want I can give you some more info on frost pvp when I get home from school tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kalyyn; 2010-09-10 at 03:03 AM.

i decided to start to play my DK again (is 72 since about year and half ago) and i like your unholy-sub blood spec. can you give us a short guide about what to and what not to do as pvp unholy DK please? i mean something like not to use sinister strike as mutilate rogue, or immolate if youre affliction warlock, i find DKs a little hard to play because they have too many attacks and im not really used to them, or let me know if im looking in the wrong post, all i've seen is about raid dps, but i havent seen a theread about DK pvp spec; thank you.

If its arena you want to play then you want to go with unholy/sub frost spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jZMGxz...uzbucqo:LbZzmV This is the spec i use in arena, Corpse Explosion is awsome if used right, if you just gona play in bgs you might not need to bother with it.

Left the 3rd major glyph empty as there are a few different ones u can use, Chains of ice/Disease/Icy Touch.

If you want to play frost pvp you need to use 1 handers, no idea about a spec, the frost spec linked above is the pve raid frost spec so wont be to good for pvp. As for a rotation, its more just watch your runes, get your diseases up and use frost strike when u get km procs.

One reason why unholy is so much better is the fact that unholy blight stops your diseases from being cleansed, plus having a pet that can stun, eat frost traps ect is a big help.

Decent pvp guide: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...e-DK-PvP-Guide
    Last edited by Oragan; 2010-09-10 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info guys and its mainly BGS/World PvP I'll be focusing on =)

Quote Originally Posted by Oragan View Post
    If its arena you want to play then you want to go with unholy/sub frost spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jZMGxz...uzbucqo:LbZzmV
    BCB is just about useless in PvP, and those points should be placed in Outbreak.

i suggest you go to /wwwDOTsk-gamingDOTcom/arena/ and look up the class and spec youre interested. the character sheets of the top players of the spec your interested in will usually tell you all you need to know. wwwDOTsk-gamingDOTcom/wowchar/kr/526/1045175-Larrycarlton is an example of a high-performing frost dk.

Deleted
    Hi guys,

Looks like I'm gonna go unholy with the frost spec as sub =)

Whats the best weapon combination for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Hi guys,

Looks like I'm gonna go unholy with the frost spec as sub =)

Whats the best weapon combination for this?
    Shadows Edge>Bryn'trol> Ramaladni, unless you do heroic ICC in which case H Bryn'trol> Shadow's Edge
    DO NOT DUAL WIELD AS UNHOLY!!!!
    Unholy dw is terrible at the moment.

Deleted
    Thanks!