Cloaks and Overcloaks

Blizz said they removed the overcloak feature because they felt it took away from the gear.
    I say to hell with that.

I am going to hide the cloak on all my toons and never show it again.
    That will teach them to play with my emotions.
    Now all that hard work their designers went through to make cloaks look cool will be for naught!

Who's with me!?!

Whoo, yeah. Fight the system!

Deleted
    Sorry, I don't get what you mean? Overcloak? What's that?

Never use a cloak on my rogue anyway. It's one of the few appearance customizations they have.

We don't need to avoid customization. We need to EMBRACE it. Add MORE options to make our toons unique. This stuff about avoiding adding a "appearance only" system is total bullshit, honestly.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MooseTremonti View Post
    Sorry, I don't get what you mean? Overcloak? What's that?
    The prizes from the gnome and troll events were going to actually be items that reskin your cloak with its design. They thought it was a bad idea to cover up armor for the sake of customization... I mean how fucked up is that?

What about the option to hide your cloak? hiding your helmet? wearing a tabard over your armor? Should all these options be removed too??

"Look Phil, this guy and two other guys stopped displaying their cloaks!"

"Ok?"

Designer 1: Hey I just came up with this cool cloak reskinning idea. Players will love it because so many of them hate their cloak's original skins.

Designer 2: I do the cloak skins! If you give people the option to reskin all my work will be for naught. It's not my fault if people don't like cloaks that look like old carpet, there's not much you can do without proper soft-textures.

*Designer 2 throws monumental sulk*

Designer 1: Ok Ok, no more reskinnable cloaks!

I usually dont display my cloak anyway just cause it looks stupid...but YEA! and they arent doing it because "We dont want people to have different looking gear with the same stats" Witch is STUPID cuz uniqness is good and not bad...

stupid blizzard...

still <3 you though.

They all look purple to me on my shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by jbblaze View Post
    I usually dont display my cloak anyway just cause it looks stupid...but YEA! and they arent doing it because "We dont want people to have different looking gear with the same stats" Witch is STUPID cuz uniqness is good and not bad...

stupid blizzard...

still <3 you though.
    Schools back in session, what are you doing here? Don't you have spelling tests to study for?

The only race that actually looks good with cloaks showing are taurens. Every other race looks silly like they're trying to look like Superman. What I wouldn't mind seeing is a cloak appearance similar to the Lich King's. Where it flows down over the shoulders hiding the upper arms and either swoops back or hides your chest when stantionery (think Batman).

http://wow.incgamers.com/gallery/dat..._Cinematic.jpg

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    "Look Phil, this guy and two other guys stopped displaying their cloaks!"

"Ok?"
    "I think it means he doesn't care, phil."

"Oooh..."

i cant get on wow rite now....so whats the item reward for them now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    So once again blizzard think up a great idea.. and then scrap it because they either A: Can't figure out how to make it work or B: Can't be bothered.

It should be so simple.

Have your character get exalted with something, let him then buy the overcloak from the vendor, and attach it to the cape he already has, to show the logo, like a tabard style, on the back. It could even count as a buff to give reason to use it. And, you can remove it with an enchant or something.

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 05:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jbblaze View Post

stupid blizzard...

still <3 you though.
    Lets be honest though, the uniqness in the design or something things has never been exactly.. unique. Most cloaks can end up looking like curtains, and some so ugly you don't want to show them. And the others, like in wrath, were brought from a vendor with the same design on them from many previous cloaks already ingame.

The cloaks ingame are about as unique as the tier 9 sets.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

I think Blizzards excuse is bu**sh*t. I don't know about what everyone would want it for but me, I just hate looking like everyone else. I like looking different. who even looks at how your character looks like for pugs now a days anyways when we have GS (even tho I hate GS). But what ever they do is up to them, they have had some good idea, except for the real name forum thing.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 2010-09-10 at 04:42 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still not sure what overcloaking is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling it now.

Overcloaks will be either available only from the card game, the way the only decent tabards were, or they will be purchasable from the blizz store.

'We didn't feel this was the right way to introduce this feature' - If your good at something never do it for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking about cloaks... a new kind of cloak would be nice... like kael'thas, maiev, and arthas cloaks