Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Oddly enough, there were a lot of Shamans complaining about Lava Burst on the beta forums. Perhaps Blizzard decided to streamline Enhance back to nature-only based on this feedback. My own personal dream would be to make Lava Lash do Fire damage, which would give a 5-stack Lava Lash + Unleash Elements some crazy potential.
    Yeah looks like everyone on the beta forums is fine with LvB no longer being on Maelstrom Weapon. I guess we just use Unleash Elements just before hitting Flame shock (Macro them together maybe). Am I the only one who is disappointed about not being able to use Lava Burst?

BTW what do you guys think about the other changes that affect enh. Unleash Wind's 6 weapon swings thing could make the Buff's duration very low especially if we proc Flurry.

The Ghost Wolf change is one I had been expecting ever since the new Ghost Wolf Glyph was announced.
    Last edited by DeWumpus; 2010-09-10 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Moar QQ!
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Quote Originally Posted by Bludstorm View Post
    Yeah looks like everyone on the beta forums is fine with LvB no longer being on Maelstrom Weapon. I guess we just use Unleash Elements just before hitting Flame shock (Macro them together maybe). Am I the only one who is disappointed about not being able to use Lava Burst?
    im taking that as proof that the beta signups are not actually random, nobody in there right mind would say "this is clunky take it away" in regards to lavaburst, they would say "this feels clunky, make it not clunky but KEEP lavaburst"

ill be less angry if they kill off ED so im not reminded of it everytime i see teh damn buff.

and unleash elements is a big letdown in general, becoming moreso as time moves on.

I am sorry but there was a much better way they could have done this then. They could have changed ED to trigger only on shocks. They could have made tweaked the numbers on it (BTW its only 9% crit. Not exactly Game Breaking). They could have changed LvB to not trigger ED. Completely removing it from our rotation is a massive overreaction.
    If you'd like to you could read though some of this thread. I haven't read it all myself, but it would seem that this is where most if not all of these changes stem. as far as it seems most of the beta testers and the frequent posters are not only happy with these changes, but have suggested them.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...2000&pageNo=10

Edit: It seems like I was a little late.

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    im taking that as proof that the beta signups are not actually random, nobody in there right mind would say "this is clunky take it away" in regards to lavaburst, they would say "this feels clunky, make it not clunky but KEEP lavaburst"

ill be less angry if they kill off ED so im not reminded of it everytime i see teh damn buff.

and unleash elements is a big letdown in general, becoming moreso as time moves on.
    You are correct about the beta testers. While of course some of them are random people, the ones you see posting on the forums are the well known names, and they are specifically given invites because the developers know that they can and will give meaningful and useful feedback.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 09:26 PM ----------

snip
    sadface

Quote Originally Posted by lycian View Post
    If you'd like to you could read though some of this thread. I haven't read it all myself, but it would seem that this is where most if not all of these changes stem. as far as it seems most of the beta testers and the frequent posters are not only happy with these changes, but have suggested them.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...2000&pageNo=10

Edit: It seems like I was a little late.
    i find myself greatly disliking a lot of those posters i read, mainly because they just want things easier, not better. granted they can be the same things sometimes.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lycian View Post
    You are correct about the beta testers. While of course some of them are random people, the ones you see posting on the forums are the well known names, and they are specifically given invites because the developers know that they can and will give meaningful and useful feedback.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 09:26 PM ----------

sadface
    while i dont doubt they try to give feedback, they do it halfassed. as evident by them wanting lavaburst removed. if it was clunky, maybe they coudlve found a way to make it less so? or they could remove ED. ill be happy with either.

edit: also from everything ive read, Rouncer has a VERY different view of enhancement, one that i dislike, and find uninteresting at best.

notice how i managed to keep from saying i hated his ideas and viewpoints and wish hed leave the beta?...oops..slipped :P
    Last edited by AedanWolfe; 2010-09-10 at 02:34 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also enjoyed instant Lava Burst and I did find that on occasion (and this being likely to increase with better gear) Maelstrom would work in favor for me rng-wise, causing me to have to Lightning Bolt.

In other news - I am not pleased with the Ghost Wolf speed nerf either. Druids get travel form at 30%, yes... but it also breaks roots, and almost any other form of cc. Our extra 10% was what made Ghost Wolf less of a;"if only I were a Druid" deal.

Time to play a little bit of Devil's Advocate.

Do I agree with some of these? No. I don't really completely understand. I do, however, somewhat understand the removal of Lava Burst from MW5. As it was stated before (not sure if it was this thread or another -- patch days lead to so many with so similar content), it will completely devalue crit as a stat for us. Lava Burst will be the only thing worth pressing for MW5. This automatically keeps up Elemental Devastation ==> Flurry. Now, I don't raid competitively with my Enhancement spec. I just go that route if there are too many healers. I'm not saying it is the most difficult rotation/priority in the world. However, Not a lot has really been removed from the rotation/priority, but so much has been added and there is so much to watch.

We have 2 combo point systems (MW5 and Searing Flames DoT). The Lava Burst thing with MW5 could potentially turn the spec into the John Fucking Madden spec. Having to maximize Lightning Bolt damage when Lava Burst is on cooldown. Ugh. I'm not saying dumb down the game anymore or whatever. If I wanted to play a different class because it was easy, I'd play [insert faceroll spec].

I usually don't have a lot of bad things to say in regards to Blizzard's decision making. However, I guess I just don't see where these changes are justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykungfu View Post
    I also enjoyed instant Lava Burst and I did find that on occasion (and this being likely to increase with better gear) Maelstrom would work in favor for me rng-wise, causing me to have to Lightning Bolt.

In other news - I am not pleased with the Ghost Wolf speed nerf either. Druids get travel form at 30%, yes... but it also breaks roots, and almost any other form of cc. Our extra 10% was what made Ghost Wolf less of a;"if only I were a Druid" deal.
    That was what I loved about MW in cata till now. You used MW to set off LvBs unless you got lucky with in which case you used LB. It also needed some thinking on your part. You would need to think if you wanted to spend it on a LB or wait a couple of more seconds and send off a LvB.

BTW I am hoping that Blizz doesn't look at the response on the forum and decide oh everyone seems to like MW not having LvB lets go live with that. I am hoping the next Build brings it back. I really would not mind seeing ED go if it means I can have MW/LvB back.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

That was what I loved about MW in cata till now. You used MW to set off LvBs unless you got lucky with in which case you used LB. It also needed some thinking on your part. You would need to think if you wanted to spend it on a LB or wait a couple of more seconds and send off a LvB.

BTW I am hoping that Blizz doesn't look at the response on the forum and decide oh everyone seems to like MW not having LvB lets go live with that. I am hoping the next Build brings it back. I really would not mind seeing ED go if it means I can have MW/LvB back.
    Yea I mean Blizzard may just be testing our spec w/o lavaburst, just to find a better way to implement the spell for whatever the problem was in beta in the previous builds.

I for one would have enjoyed being able to Only ever use MW5 in conjunction with Lava Burst. I would have enjoyed the little down time in our rotation every once and a while. Guess its back to frantic whack a mole.

And having to Glyph for wolf.

Now everything I was anticipating in the expansion is officially removed.

I was excited about LvB MW5 and Hit Points for Totems (I only PvP)

Aside from Ghost Wolf, these aren't nerfs. Damage adjustments haven't been mad yet, these are all focused on cleaning up the "rotation" and making it a lot less cumbersome.

As it was, Lava Burst was a goofy addition to Enhancement. Between the CD, UE buff, Flameshock, and building MW there was just too much to watch for one spell. It completely went against what Blizzard is trying to accomplish in Cataclysm, which is less buff bar/DOT meter watching.

Us beta testers came up with tons of ideas that would have saved LvB and posted them across god knows how many threads. Obviously, Blizzard went with the simplest solution, which was to just remove it entirely.

Really IMO this change to LvB is ok with me because it simplifies our rotation, but they need to make the 20% fire damage buff still work for us otherwise it's worthless to Enhance. This could easily be resolved by allowing the buff to apply to LL, which would tie into the new LL design (being our longer CD nuke melee attack) Other than that I'm not really bothered by the other changes. ghost wolf will still be useful, and now we can possibly save 2 points from call of flame and place them elsewhere such as reverb and imp shields since shocks and LS will be doing more dmg with the SS change

Edit: They could also make it so that FS (both initial and DoT damage) are affected by the 20% fire buff as another solution to make this worthwhile for Enh
    Last edited by Applesaus; 2010-09-10 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they can go fuck themselves, time to get loving an Alt, nice one seems like a waste of 3 years.

Do you have any particular reasoning for this QQ? Honestly if you take a second to think about these changes they're more beneficial to our spec than they are detrimental. However these changes only feel like a small step in the direction we need to go. I feel more "finishing" changes to come in the near future.

Losing LvB is a PvP Nerf. Lightning Bolt CAN never come close to having that much Burst. NERF its a FACT.

GW Nerf. Forcing us to Blow a Glyph as mandatory IS A NERF FACT.

So nerfs IMO make QQ's perfectly reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be sitting Cataclysm out for awhile. This expansion has been nothing but a big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'll be sitting Cataclysm out for awhile. This expansion has been nothing but a big disappointment.
    More loot for shamans!!

Last I heard it didn't and these changes will effectively make the Unleash Weapon effect for our offhand enchant useless for us.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understood Windfury was supposed to have its internal cooldown removed. If this is true wouldn't it be better to have both weapons enchanted with Windfury instead?

Also, losing Lava Burst on MW5 sucks, but we've been fine until now without it and we will continue to be fine without it. (Although it would be nice ^.^)

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Losing LvB is a PvP Nerf. Lightning Bolt CAN never come close to having that much Burst. NERF its a FACT.

GW Nerf. Forcing us to Blow a Glyph as mandatory IS A NERF FACT.

So nerfs IMO make QQ's perfectly reasonable.
    Can you please explain why it is CRUCIAL for you to glyph GW? 30% bonus speed versus 40% will hardly be noticable for a situational tool, i guarantee you
    Lightning bolt +25% crit instant cast sounds like burst to me...

FACT is defined as "a truth known by actual experience or observation" where I think your definition of fact is "I think it's true so there!" You have no math or experience to actually (factually) prove that this change serves as a nerf. I could say "the earth is flat, FACT," that doesn't actually make it a fact unless I PROVE IT through observation. Only thing I see as a possible "nerf" is the WF change to Unleash Elements, but only time will tell what effect that will have.

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Promere-Icecrown View Post
    wouldn't it be better to have both weapons enchanted with Windfury instead?
    They're making weapon imbues unique, so you can only have 1 active at a time, if you have WF on MH it is unavailable for your OH as well so we are pigeon-holed into using FT

Quote Originally Posted by Applesaus View Post
    They're making weapon imbues unique, so you can only have 1 active at a time, if you have WF on MH it is unavailable for your OH as well so we are pigeon-holed into using FT
    Any chance you can direct me to the blue post stating that? Never saw anything like that and I just wanna confirm it! Plz and Ty ^.^