Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    How is it whining or QQing? In no way is this presented as an overblown exxageration.

Shamans promised various buffs.

Buffs are suddenly taken away with no explanation.

Shamans are back at square one.

Pretty cut and dry.
    The OP was whining and throwing a temper tantrum threating to quit because things are getting nerfed and he's not even in the beta to know weather the nerfs are warranted or not. People not in the beta need to stop freaking out about every change especially changes from a build that hasn't even gone live yet.
    Last edited by revasky; 2010-09-10 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Bolded important

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone ever think maybe their class needed to be nerfed to balance out with the rest? Can't you just let Blizzard do their job without complaining for every single thing? It's beta for goddamn sake, you're not even in it, so this doesn't affect you. At all. Whatsoever.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Given Blizzard's track record you should realize why I'm skeptical that anything will change.

Does anyone ever think maybe their class needed to be nerfed to balance out with the rest? Can't you just let Blizzard do their job without complaining for every single thing? It's beta for goddamn sake, you're not even in it, so this doesn't affect you. At all. Whatsoever.
    The fact that they need to constantly "balance" things is a testament to how shitty their class system really is. I've never seen anything close to the amounts of nerfs and buffs and "changes" Blizzard pumps out on a patch basis.

So much whining around here. It seems pretty clear that most people probably got banhammered from the official forums, because such a whiny and unconstructive doomsayer attitude would accomplish nothing more there. Try to be more constructive in your posting, lest you scare all the clever posters away.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

How is it whining or QQing? In no way is this presented as an overblown exxageration.

Pretty cut and dry.
    They do that with every class in beta. Put things in, test them, take them out, move things around. Just because they implemented the current changes doesn't mean they are staying this way. They could easily revert back to the old way. What they are doing is testing the class in different environments to see how it fares. Don't freak out just yet, this is what beta is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they need to constantly "balance" things is a testament to how shitty their class system really is. I've never seen anything close to the amounts of nerfs and buffs and "changes" Blizzard pumps out on a patch basis.
    Yeah, I know. I wish they just didn't balance classes at all.

FOTM classes FTW!
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    So much whining around here. It seems pretty clear that most people probably got banhammered from the official forums, because such a whiny and unconstructive doomsayer attitude would accomplish nothing more there. Try to be more constructive in your posting, lest you scare all the clever posters away.
    I for one enjoy arguing with end of the world sky is falling people. Although its less arguing and more "you're an idiot clam down".

[EDIT] Posting this agian so people see it, THIS BUILD MAY NOT EVEN MAKE IT TOO THE BETA REALMS WAIT TO CRY TILL THEN, and if it does go to beta then cry on the wow forums crying here does not help you at all.
    Last edited by revasky; 2010-09-10 at 03:50 AM.

Frykte, it's useless to try to reason with the likes of Haven. As soon as you even mentioned the slightest class-related complaint, regardless of it merely being your opinion, his troll-o-meter went off the charts, thus resulting in the "lolololol QQ cri nub roflmao" mingebaging.
    Funny part is, this isn't a QQ lawls post, I wanted to see other peoples opinions not look at my opinion and discuss it. The goal was:
    I ask question like:
    So what are you're overall opinions on the Build 12942?
    Then I gave my opinion. Next person, answers the question with their Opinion and we just go back and worth talking, not flaming. I mean this is a build, not set in stone lawls

Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    The OP was whining and throwing a temper tantrum threating to quit because things are getting nerfed and he's not even in the beta to know weather the nerfs are warranted or not. People not in the beta need to stop freaking out about every change especially changes from a build that hasn't even gone live yet.
    Actually I plan to quit wow once Diablo 3 comes out. I just like that game and never complained about Diablo 2 ever. I love never complaining about a game, that means the designers did their job well. WoW was my first MMO and all I can say is wow, MMO's are horrible, nearly impossible to balance and really, the Devs fall for numbers too much. The goal of a raid is to be fun, I don't have fun in raids, in fact, I get a head ache if the raid lasts longer than 3 hours because I'm getting pissed because I have to rely on other people to do a simple job that they should know but don't. Even the best players make mistakes, but I find WotLK content to have a lot of Sit in Fire players or Don't run with the Spore to Range.
    Diablo 2, I had players who I did Bloody Runs with. I relied on them to kill the mobs I couldn't see, guess what, they did it. Did I have to worry about oh they died, no, did I worry about a mob, no, Did I have fun, 8 hours a day during the summer FUN Oh Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    By your logic, it could go either way. There's absolutely no guarantee that things will get better or worse. So what's your point besides spouting a useless word that doesn't support your argument in any feasible way?

Frykte, it's useless to try to reason with the likes of Haven. As soon as you even mentioned the slightest class-related complaint, regardless of it merely being your opinion, his troll-o-meter went off the charts, thus resulting in the "lolololol QQ cri nub roflmao" mingebaging.
    Flame me baby. One more time

Beta means things aren't final, but the thing you should care about the least is numbers, as Blizzard repeatedly said. Numbers are easiest to tweak, especially damage. Enh mechanics this far are interesting and fun. Stop QQing.

Unlike DKs. All of Unholy's rotation is
    /cast Outbreak
    then mash
    /castrandom Scourge Strike, Festering Strike, Death Coil
    until boss dies.

Just sayin'. There are people suffering more than you do. It's not fun to press two buttons.
    Given Blizzard's track record you should realize why I'm skeptical that anything will change.
    Maybe that is why games like Lineage, Guild Wars and Ragnarok Online are so superior to WoW, because they never have anything significant changed? /sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    hey atleast you are getting something
    mages are barely even look into
    You didn't just go there. Mages are absolutely awesome. Fire plays like a god except for mana issues currently - from what I've seen in the beta.

QQ gets people nowhere, but it allows people to vent their frustration - frustration like parking your car under a tree and those terrible birds who will come along next week to poop all over it. Which they might. But then, the birds are STILL IN BETA. Hello?

Shaman, mage, DK, priest - heck, everything is looking up. And if you can't see it, you may as well shoot yourself in the foot and go sit under a tree (where birds may or may not poop on you).

The OP is a rant, an emotional outburst, a huge QQ - and there's no other way to swing it. Every patch that goes by brings us closer to release of the expansion. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to just enjoy WotLK and continue to look forward to all of the changes coming.
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Frykte View Post
    Actually I plan to quit wow once Diablo 3 comes out. I just like that game and never complained about Diablo 2 ever. I love never complaining about a game, that means the designers did their job well. WoW was my first MMO and all I can say is wow, MMO's are horrible, nearly impossible to balance and really, the Devs fall for numbers too much. The goal of a raid is to be fun, I don't have fun in raids, in fact, I get a head ache if the raid lasts longer than 3 hours because I'm getting pissed because I have to rely on other people to do a simple job that they should know but don't. Even the best players make mistakes, but I find WotLK content to have a lot of Sit in Fire players or Don't run with the Spore to Range.
    Diablo 2, I had players who I did Bloody Runs with. I relied on them to kill the mobs I couldn't see, guess what, they did it. Did I have to worry about oh they died, no, did I worry about a mob, no, Did I have fun, 8 hours a day during the summer FUN Oh Yeah.
    Try another MMO and you will come crawling back to wow after complaining how bad it is in comparison. MMO's are impossible to balance but blizzard realistically does a fairly good job but because the top end of the player base is so into min maxing they always find a way to break or exploit your class in the best way breaking balance. Not complaining about a game does not make it a good game. It just means it works well enough to not irritate you. If wow were balanced it would be boring.

Dont Feed the troll

As far as I can see, the only possible legitimate complaints that Shaman can make are these:

1. Elemental's talented abilities are kinda lame. Too much of the spec relies on base abilities.
    2. Enhancement's fun crazy PVE rotation is less crazy (same deal with Feral Druids, really) and PVP still relies on gimmicky talents.

Either way, I'd try not to be confused, shocked, worried, or angry until Cata is much nearer completion.

Also remember that Blizzard promised a lot of things originally, and has had to scale back or rework some of those promises for just about every class. That's the nature of balancing.

(Shaman QQ is beginning to overtake Warrior QQ for the penultimate spot. Mages still hold slot #1 ... though between Time Warp and various Arcane/Fire awesomeness, they might slip to #2 for the first time ever.)
    Last edited by Direpanda; 2010-09-10 at 04:19 AM.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Pretty cut and dry.
    This is EXACTLY what was happening with warriors at the start of closed beta. Don't worry, they've got you covered. I'm guessing there's a patch bigger than just Codename: Fluffy coming on the Beta servers tonight or tomorrow and if it doesn't fix it the next one will.

In the mean time, stop crying that all your promised stuff is being taken away. Go on the official forums, point out what's wrong with Blizzard's seeming design philosophy right now and explain how you would go about adding the 'promised' things so Blizzard has good feedback they can work off of.

Edit: To the guy above me, warrior QQ stopped the moment we got all the amazing stuff we did 2 patches into closed beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frykte View Post
    So what are you're overall opinions on the Build 12942?

My response towards this is wow, if this is the start of cataclysm, I'm deleting my shaman. So many promises towards enhancement and everyone single one of them removed.
    I mean wow, seriously, that spec needs love and instead you gave them a piece of candy and guess what, it was black licorice and the kid goes, Aw Nasty, and you shoot them in the back.

Elemental Shamans got the shaft too. Never seen so many nerfs towards the shaman class since the release of patch 3.1 when they destroyed the dps specs for both pvp and pve.

I don't know why blizzard hates the enhancement spec so much. I still think they have the hangover from Vanilla and if that is so, I'm quitting this game. I'm really tired of old expansions holding specs/classes back because they had their spot light and out shined so many.

I also know I'm not a beta tester so guess what, Maybe these nerfs are a must. I am a bit confused, shocked, worried, and slightly angry.
    One less person to compete with for mail gear.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this, as it seems to be derailing quickly and the OP seems to assist that. Feel free to discuss the changes in a new thread, but leave the flaming out.