Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WTB Oldworld PVP title

Old world PVP titled people need some recognition beyond a feat of strength for having the title sergeant major or something. I think these players deserve something new, or just more epic for sticking around for this long.

Deleted
    You get a feat of strength, be happy you get that.

If it was up to me you wouldn't even get that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    You get a feat of strength, be happy you get that.

If it was up to me you wouldn't even get that.

Aww, the sweet sounds of a newer player.

they said their bringing the old ones back......when i heard this i immedietly thought...
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

sorry but that just really pisses me off

Meh. I have the old titles, but nothing too high because I didn't play enough back then.
    I would have thought they would give us something other than simply a FoS for having them since Vanilla, it would be nice to be still recognised.
    In live when people ask me how I got that awesome title I love it, now everyone will be getting them it makes me feel less unique.

Still, it would be nice to get higher rank like I deserve =P

They should give us something, but I wont hold my breath...

I believe the only people upset about it are those who like to show off how exclusive they are.

In that case I say quit with the QQ and get a ZG mount.

I personally thought the Veteran titles would be the filler, but the news seems to have proved me wrong.

My shaman who I never play is a legionnaire and I never really plan on picking him up again, the least they could do is let me RP him as some sort of trauma victim from years past.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

They should add veteran or something of the like to the old titles allowing oldschoolers to still feel special and get the new titles

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why they would bring them back. Why bring back the same titles for something long past, but have different requirements? This doesn't make sense at all.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    sorry but that just really pisses me off
    sucks for you, since i never had the change to get them ? D:

people act like it was actually hard to get the old titles, IT WASN'T. most of them were complete faceroll and rank 14 was just a long skilless grind.

you don't deserve anything, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenkeeper View Post
    Old world PVP titled people need some recognition beyond a feat of strength for having the title sergeant major or something. I think these players deserve something new, or just more epic for sticking around for this long.
    No. They spent the money out of their own free will. If they didn't wanna play, just quit.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    # Grand Marshal - Earn a battleground rating of 2300. Title Reward: Grand Marshal
    #High Warlord - Earn a battleground rating of 2300. Title Reward: High Warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    I don't understand why they would bring them back. Why bring back the same titles for something long past, but have different requirements? This doesn't make sense at all.
    Because those titles fit bg pvp very well, and it would seem pretty stupid for them to put in two whole new sets of pvp ranks for battlegrounds when they've got a retired one that fits perfectly that not much of the active playerbase cares about.

On a serious note, I played a bit in vanilla and the titles were somewhat noteworthy then and in BC. Noteworthy in the sense that it meant you spent far too much time in BGs (cause it wasn't skill-based) and had several friends helping you if you had one of the higher titles. The titles only meant so much back then because they were pretty much the only titles in the game. Besides if someone still wants to flash their e-peen, they can link the feat of strength.

Deleted
    ^^ this

i only got knight lieutenant back in the day on my pala, that i dont play anymore, but i still think they should give a title to those who still actively play since vanilla, like the retired or sumthing. i'm happy that ppl will get a second chance cause they are awesome,

p.s <name> of The Old School
    Wouldnt that be awesome,
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    I personally thought the Veteran titles would be the filler, but the news seems to have proved me wrong.

My shaman who I never play is a legionnaire and I never really plan on picking him up again, the least they could do is let me RP him as some sort of trauma victim from years past.
    Didn't realise you were unable to do that o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorold View Post
    i only got knight lieutenant back in the day on my pala, that i dont play anymore, but i still think they should give a title to those who still actively play since vanilla, like the retired or sumthing. i'm happy that ppl will get a second chance cause they are awesome,

p.s <name> of The Old School
    Wouldnt that be awesome,
    Veteran X IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of think a FoS is enough. I *very* often see people with these PvP titles have under 10k HKs, I mean no offence but if in 4 (or however many years) you can only earn yourself that many then what's the point in having a 'exclusive' PvP title anyway? they were designed to show PvP prowess, not how old school you are.

That said, I do feel somewhat bad for those with the higher tier Titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    So my old Rank 12 title will go bye bye? =(
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle