Azeroth Flying Price Confirmed

Note: Was originally called Azerothian Navigation but is now called Flight Master's License.

"We’ve added a new flying skill called Flight Master's License. When World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is released, players who purchase the expansion will see this skill available from flight trainers for 250 gold once they reach level 60. This new skill is required for flying around all Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms zones, including the new level 80-85 zones."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where?
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    So.. 250.

Not bad really. I'm guessing this only counts for licence to fly, not epic flying? Cause least then your still have reason to grind gold, and not feel ripped off.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

now i gotta blow 250g? meh betetr than 1k

The entire reason is to likely limit flying in Azeroth to people with Cataclysm. They don't want people with only Burning Crusade to be able to fly in Azeroth. They probably couldn't figure out another simple way to limit it like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    The entire reason is to likely limit flying in Azeroth to people with Cataclysm. They don't want people with only Burning Crusade to be able to fly in Azeroth. They probably couldn't figure out another simple way to limit it like this.
    I was thinking exactly this, but there are other ways to limit Azerothian flying to Catacylysm owners. Still, 250g x 10 is only 2,500g. I should have that much available for spending when the expansion is released. Yes, I'm poor compared to a lot of people who post at these forums. 2,500g is still a lot of gold to some of us casuals.
    For the Alliance!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I was thinking exactly this, but there are other ways to limit Azerothian flying to Catacylysm owners. Still, 250g x 10 is only 2,500g. I should have that much available for spending when the expansion is released. Yes, I'm poor compared to a lot of people who post at these forums. 2,500g is still a lot of gold to some of us casuals.
    Having 10 characters all above level 60 (with those 7 80's I see in your sig) is a fair bit of gametime for a casual. With so many characters, I would think that there wouldn't be all that much trouble getting 2.5k (unless you were lazy with professions).