Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    \

I see your one of the people that does not understand enhancement. The class has always been a melee / caster hybrid, and I hope always will be.

It takes a person who wants to be a "battle mage" I guess. I used to play as a rogue, a damn good rogue at that, then when alliance was able to play shaman I started that up, leveled enhance, and never looked back.
    A deathknight is more of a battlemage then enhancement imo. though i do enjoy the implementation of spells for enhancement (compared to what it was in vanilla)

not to be a doomsayer but with 4.0 released on the ptr i cant be seeing a lot of changes to enhancement. or druids or anyone who seems really lacking right now
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

It's a fair amount of work for usually not amazing results

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Going to be playing enhancement regardless of it's performance on the "Meters" because I like the spec, it's good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Promere-Icecrown View Post
    Do me a favor, go back to my armory and look at the date for clearing Ulduar 25. Its 7/9/2009. Thats TWO months before yours, GG there buddy. Also, you complain about me not clearing ToGC, but neither have you, and you also JUST got 11/12 Heroic last week with the 30% buff, so GG there as well.

Honestly its kind of sad that your guild that probably runs multiple nights a week just passed the progression that I have from running in a weekly GDKP that runs 4 hours a night, ONE night a week.
    And gratz on killing kj .. shame it took lvl 80 and wellfare epics from running heroic 5mans endlessly to do it instead of when the content was challenging. Gratz on clearing hyjal .. shame the only reason you got to do it was because they lifted keying to do it. if you work at it you might be able to clear black temple. where are those server 1sts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx87212 View Post
    not to be a doomsayer but with 4.0 released on the ptr i cant be seeing a lot of changes to enhancement. or druids or anyone who seems really lacking right now
    Join the club http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ns-enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Promere-Icecrown View Post
    You know, its people like you that piss me off, Yes, back in BC I didn't have too much experience raiding. But L2Read, I have cleared Ulduar 25 (Besides Algalon), the only reason I don't have ToGC Cleared is because I took a break from raiding when ToC was out to focus more on school because honestly RL > WoW. And considering I'm in a 10-man guild that has decided to stop raiding until cata I think I'm doing pretty well. I have my Heroic 9/12 From a weekly GDKP run on my server. Also, if your going to talk this much shit about someone, at least link your own armory so we can see just how much better you are ^.^

Also:
    http://wowmeteronline.com/combat/15908259#damageout

If you can do better DPS with the gear I currently have, please let me know
    I'll stand with you against the armory bashing via TBC raids, the problem I see with this post though is this line from your first post in this thread.

"Honestly I have no trouble topping the meters in ICC as enhancement"

First off you didn't top the meter in what is arguably the best Enhancement fight in ICC, and you did have to blow your 10 min CD to come in second. So you do actually have problems topping meters, don't you? Reality is that both of your rogues should have been much higher (look at their rotface for example), perhaps there's some circumstances that I can't see from reading the parses, ie stunning beasts or something.

Thing is, you're basically at the top of your game as near as I can tell, you could get some better gear, but you probably couldn't really play better, 14k with a full set of 264 and the 30% buff isn't exactly impressive for a melee hybrid, 14k with a couple pieces of 277 is actually a little low. I'm not blaming you, in my opinion it's a fact that Enh is a little low on our best fights, close enough that we don't need a fix on those fights. We do need a fix on our bad fights because it's not okay to be a competitive spec on 3/12 or 4/12 and a poor performer everywhere else. Players are not going to flock to a spec like that, they're going to avoid it, which answers the OPs question, why is Enh so rare? Because nobody wants to be okay on 3/12 or 4/12 and bad elsewhere when you could be good on most fights with less effort.

Here's some more fights where you didn't top meters
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/15908263#damageout
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/15908256#damageout
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/15908262#damageout

So on Saurfang you're a couple hundred above your competition, on Putricide, Deathwhisper and Festergut you're several thousand behind your competition. Who would want to play that spec?
    Last edited by Fornaw; 2010-09-13 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    not topping the meters over fury warriors isnt so bad, as they scale with gear too well at higher levels, but i see your point. i maintain that id rather play something i enjoy rather than do great dps with a mage (any spec frankly, they all look hideously boring for pve).

Melee gave my enhancement too much trouble so I stopped. Rogues could stunlock me from 100-0 no problem, especially if they blew vanish and came at me with the rotation again. Plate wearers with 2 hand weapons obliterated me. I'd be tickling them with my melee damage getting raped by their high armor + resilience for like 300ish. Paladins would be hitting me back in the thousands. Often I couldn't even get 5 stacks of maelstrom up to heal myself before the final blow. Rogues have things like evasion and cloak of shadows, disarms and high dodge to deal with 294+ dps weapon beasts. My shaman just took every hit on the chin, and he couldn't take many, especially being down about 10k compared to them. I became uninterested in the only play style being run up and tickle the enemy, then run away and heal, rinse repeat. And I didn't want to play the cheese combo and have a hunter overload to compete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the thinking part, the spreadsheets you will need to work with if you wanna max out DPS. The moving = Less dps if you don't plan ahead.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Most people arent enh cause range has the upper hand in wotlk so people go for ele.

Deleted
    People who are whining about Enhancement not doing competitive DPS, are either really bad at playing (fact) or raiding with 24 other people who actually knows how to press their buttons. (discuss!)

And the biggest reason is probably that Enhancement is one of the more complicated specs to play well, compared to a mutilate rogue, which doesn't require as much of you, while it rewards if not as much, then alot more DPS at the same level of experience on both characters.

it's not the competetive dps

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    People who are whining about Enhancement not doing competitive DPS, are either really bad at playing (fact) or raiding with 24 other people who actually knows how to press their buttons. (discuss!)

And the biggest reason is probably that Enhancement is one of the more complicated specs to play well, compared to a mutilate rogue, which doesn't require as much of you, while it rewards if not as much, then alot more DPS at the same level of experience on both characters.
    i don't think anyone really complained about them not doing enough dps, everyone basically said that they don't do enough dps considering the the work you have to do. i play mainspec resto offspec enhance atm and tbh i think i'll be going ele after cata, i just can't be arsed working so hard looking at sites, learning rotations, cursing at myself when i screw up a proc, only to come 3rd from the bottom in dps. while i never expected to win meters, for the amount of work i put in i'd expect to do way better considering that some of the guys out dpsing me had worse gear and didn't put in the same time as me. [edit] i do admit that there are a few really good enhance shaman that even put mages and hunters to shame, but we're asking why people don't play them, not saying that it's a bad spec.
    Last edited by twelvedogs; 2010-09-14 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaryi View Post
    enhance is also, sadly, extremely squishy. low armor, one defensive CD, and a miserable health pool all contribute to absurdly high-ease of death. It's a great spec, but needs to be brought in line survivability wise with other mdps.
    If you are talking enc in pvp then yes i agree about beeing squeezie but enhancement can "knock you out of your socks" if done right

I know I'm coming in late to the topic, but to add my answer to the OP's question:

First, I see many many more people on my server playing enhancement. Very few of them actually play it well. For those that will listen, I try to take the time to tell them to use slow weaps, use the right enchants, etc. One guy scoffed at me, so I challenged him to a training dummy duel. He had about 100 better gear score, but he did 2k less dps on the dummy than I did, over about a 3-4 min period each. That's most of what I see playing enhancement.

The common thing I've heard from other players who play their respective classes skillfully are two main things:

- Enhancement is really fun to play.

- Enhancement is really confusing to play.

Make of that what you will. I think it comes down to practice. I'll agree that we have lower survivability, but I find that when I die, it's more ofthen than not that I was paying too much attention to my dps, and too little to my situational awareness. I've never had any raid leader complain about my dps; only standing in fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Complicated rotation? Dont make me laugh..

No rotation in WoW is complicated.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/...00d31d80_o.jpg