Poll: Blackrock Depths is:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    With a guild group, I suppose it could have been good. However, it was the worst instance ever to PuG at 60. After several hours and replacements, you'd make it to the Torch area and wipe because of someone body pulling a huge patrol, then everyone would leave and you'd never see the end boss in person.

At least that was my experience with 60% of the runs, with 30% not even making it past the Grim Guzzler.

EDIT: That is not to say it wasn't an amazing instance, but it was really a pain to do the place in a PuG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love(d) that place!
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I think it's very likely the results of this poll are just a knee-jerk reaction to the perceived speed and ease of WotLK dungeons.

Objective reality probably gives you a much better picture of what most people really think about BRD. Once BC hit, it was pretty much impossible to get a BRD group together, and it's appropriate for players several levels away from being able to go through the Dark Portal. Meaning that even after BC launched, if it were such an awesome and compelling instance, it would've been popular with people levelling up in the early 50's.

Unfortunately, it was not!
    /agree, people went to BRD when they *had* to (to get attuned for Molten Core or for one of the quests you needed to do in BRD prison to gain access to Onyxia I think), I remember how everyone was so reluctant to help new recruits / other guildmates get their quests done when they thought they'd never have to do this horrible instance ever again, but now, it's considered as an amazing instance ? Sure ...

Personally, I don't really hate it, it would have been nicer if it was a bit more like Maraudon, divided into 3 equal parts (right now there is one part where everyone leaves after we beat the Prison boss and the other one where you should feel very lucky if your group doesn't disband before the end).

Not voting, because none of the options are what I'd want to say.

Pros:
    -Felt like a real dungeon
    -Had some interesting bosses
    -Good variety of gear
    -With a good group, can be a blast as you fight through the dungeon

Cons:
    -No clear direction on where to go; without an experienced leader in the group, expect to get lost repeatedly
    -Quests were absolutely terrible
    -Needing to die to get a key to proceed through the dungeon means a group is punished for doing well
    -.... though admittedly, a group that's never been there before has almost no chance of avoiding death completely

In short, the length could occasionally be problematic... but far worse was the fact that the layout and progression was completely counter-intuitive with no indication in game of how to get through it. I don't mind needing to figure things out, but the key quest is something you just have to stumble on to by accident. Designing a dungeon with the expectation that you will need to die to get through it is.... a bit off, to say the least. There were other issues, but most of them were symptoms of classic, rather than of BRD in particular, so I won't list them here.

Not to mention finding the instance itself, bizarre jumping and chain-walking. I almost wonder how on earth the first person even found the instance in the first place, short of datamining the game files!

I think for a group of level appropriate people, it's a bit too long. It's fun but after the 20'th time doing it... not so much. I guess that's the case with any instance though.

Love it. I never level an alt without running it at least once. Ton of quests to do through it and the instance itself if almost a level a run. To me, no other 5m compares to it. Only complaint I have now is that the random finder makes it near impossible to get anyone to go to Upper City. Even if you queue for Upper City, the other 4 people think it's a Lower City run and will only do the lower and leave wondering why they didn't get their bag.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Far to long , It was and alright instance in concept but I didnt like how hard it was find your way around it when I did it at 60 , Though it was still fun I suppose.

All in all it was alright.

Deleted
    Ahh, just want to get back there!

it's a solid instance, I think they could cut the trash just a tad so the instance isn't as freakishly long.

it has tons of bosses, lots of loot and fun, but is VERY time consuming. it's nigh impossible for a regular group to run from beginning to end and stay together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.