Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
    Allow Lightwell to cast Leap of Faith and give it an AI.
    Make it use Telestra's octopus arms ability but instead of doing damage it heals people while throwing them around!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Make it use Telestra's octopus arms ability but instead of doing damage it heals people while throwing them around!
    Or allow it to give out C'Thun whispers.

"Your heart... will explode... I mean seriously. You're at 15% health. Come over here and click me."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Allow Lightwell to cast Leap of Faith and give it an AI.
    Current Lightwell Glyph - Your Lightwell glyph reduces the number of Prime Glyph slots you have by 1.

Fixed Lightwell Glyph - A Lightwell Renew charge is also applied to the clicker's target or nearest low-health friendly party/raid member if the target is not friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Current Lightwell Glyph - Your Lightwell glyph reduces the number of Prime Glyph slots you have by 1.

Fixed Lightwell Glyph - A Lightwell Renew charge is also applied to the clicker's target or nearest low-health friendly party/raid member if the target is not friendly.
    Allowing the priest or another healer to control the Lightwell!? BLASPHEMY!

I like the sound of The shadow word death prime glyph, will be fun since it now heals you when you take damage from it with Machoism.

Also, nice to see the glyph of spirit tap, will make leveling as shadow in cataclysm easier ;D

Divine Accuracy will have alot of people trying to make holy dps viable xD

And I know it seems like a dumb question, but will Dispell Magic also heal unfriendly targets for 3% health? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Veralas View Post
    Also, nice to see the glyph of spirit tap, will make leveling as shadow in cataclysm easier ;D
    Or any Priest spec?

Divine Accuracy will have alot of people trying to make holy dps viable xD
    Or how about "reliably be able to control Evangelism, without needing to spec into Shadow to do so"?

And I know it seems like a dumb question, but will Dispell Magic also heal unfriendly targets for 3% health? xD
    No. This glyph was implemented in 3.0.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-09-11 at 01:54 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Let me clarify before I get accused of QQ. The glyph of Divine Accuracy is good; damn good in fact.

There's just a small part of me that feels like so much of Evangelism and Twirling Light is left out of this glyph. If only Smite has the hit, what good is adding Holy Fire, Penance, and Holy Word: Chastise to the talents? Seems like it's PvP only for those parts of the talents, or at least lackluster in raids.

Would it be so terrible to change the glyph to "Adds 18% chance to hit with Holy spells."? Besides Smite, Holy Fire, Penance, and Holy Word: Chastise, I can think of Holy Nova. Are any of these so OP that to have a guaranteed chance to hit with them groundbreaking? Or would it be nice to be able to HF that raid boss before you pumped Smite into him?

I see myself running for Holy PvE...

Prime:
    Guardian Spirit - even if it's not the awesome glyph that it is on live, a shorter cooldown is a shorter cooldown, meaning I can use it a little more freely.
    Flash Heal - The old Improved Flash Heal, but on a model that actually makes sense. We use Flash to hit someone that is "omg going to die". A higher chance to crit means "omg they're not dead" much more often. Win.
    Third Spot... Prayer or Renew?
    The Prayer Glyph is pretty rock solid, and I expect it to remain generally as is, even though Prayer itself needs an update. The Renew glyph still has me confused as to how this will end up actually working out, no matter which Chakra we're in.

Major:
    Circle of Healing - I already don't push this on cooldown. But I'd like it to be effective when I do use it. An extra target is always beneficial to this cause.
    Dispel Magic - They're expensive and matter, now, but it's good to not need to lose a Prime Glyph slot for this.
    Divine Accuracy - Go go Evangelism. If I'm running my progression build (without it), this will potentially be Holy Nova, Fade, Fear Ward, Scourge Imprisonment, or Psychic Scream, depending on content. Hell, potentially even Spirit of Redemption (lulz)

I'm interested in how a glyphed Renew scales with haste. 1 tick less but each tick hits 25% harder in Wrath means that a Renew heals for the same amount only more quickly (in theory.)

1 tick less before haste is applied, but can have more ticks added with haste, and each tick is 25% stronger? Interesting...

The main thing I love about the new Glyph system is that there won't be a set glyph set which you choose and then use for all of PVP or PVE. Since you can swap them out for no cost whenever you want, you can, for example, swap in the Prayer of Healing and Holy Nova glyphs for fights with a lot of AoE damage, and maybe Dispel, Fear Ward and Divine Accuracy depending on what happens during that fight.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The main thing I love about the new Glyph system is that there won't be a set glyph set which you choose and then use for all of PVP or PVE. Since you can swap them out for no cost whenever you want, you can, for example, swap in the Prayer of Healing and Holy Nova glyphs for fights with a lot of AoE damage, and maybe Dispel, Fear Ward and Divine Accuracy depending on what happens during that fight.
    It actually has a cost right now in beta. Replacing each glyph requires Vanishing Powder. I don't know what their intentions with that are though...maybe a "replacement" of sorts for all of the reagents for raid buffs going away, since you'd probably want to keep a stack of it with you all the time.

I noticed that this morning, I suppose it might be a way for players with Inscription to still have a reliable income, but I honestly don't like the change at all. It makes it feel sort of clunky and annoying, and I am not sure what the point was in removing Reagent costs because they are annoying and then adding them to Glyphs instead is.
    It's still a lot easier than carrying around stacks of Glyphs with you if you want to change them, but I thought that the previous method was more...elegant, I suppose. I still maintain my previous point about being able to swap out Glyphs depending on the fight though, even if it's a bit more annoying now.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-09-11 at 09:48 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Psychic Horror - Reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 60 sec.

Shweeeeeet.

PH was on a 1 minute CD on the PTR it was introduced. They later up'd it to 2 minutes, which blew.

---------- Post added 2010-09-11 at 01:08 PM ----------

Shadow Word: Death - If your Shadow Word: Death fails to kill the target at or below 25% health, your Shadow Word's death cooldown is instantly reset.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I noticed that this morning, I suppose it might be a way for players with Inscription to still have a reliable income, but I honestly don't like the change at all. It makes it feel sort of clunky and annoying, and I am not sure what the point was in removing Reagent costs because they are annoying and then adding them to Glyphs instead is.
    It's still a lot easier than carrying around stacks of Glyphs with you if you want to change them, but I thought that the previous method was more...elegant, I suppose. I still maintain my previous point about being able to swap out Glyphs depending on the fight though, even if it's a bit more annoying now.
    I dunno, it seems easier to carry a stack or two of Powder than to carry an assortment of glyphs about. But maybe that's just because on my server glyph prices are so exorbitant that it's better to hunt down the materials for the glyphs then find a guildie or friend to make them.

When I quit, standard glyph prices were 100g+, only two or three scribes worked the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I see myself running for Holy PvE...

Prime:
    Guardian Spirit - even if it's not the awesome glyph that it is on live, a shorter cooldown is a shorter cooldown, meaning I can use it a little more freely.
    Flash Heal - The old Improved Flash Heal, but on a model that actually makes sense. We use Flash to hit someone that is "omg going to die". A higher chance to crit means "omg they're not dead" much more often. Win.
    The Prayer Glyph is pretty rock solid, and I expect it to remain generally as is, even though Prayer itself needs an update. The Renew glyph still has me confused as to how this will end up actually working out, no matter which Chakra we're in.

I would drop Flash Heal and replace it with Renew. I found myself not using Flash Heal at all while in chakra state. The renew glyph will be awesome, especially if you need to tank heal in Holy Form, which is completely viable now.

When you use Chakra and go into (Heal) State, it refreshes renew each time you cast Heal on a target. So you can basically throw one renew up on a target and can keep casting Heal which will refresh the renew, completely negating the negative effect of that Glyph, making it awesome.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

15+ Year Old Account
    That's true, but considering the conditions where it would apply (Your target is <25% health and you're in a safe enough range to use SW;D in the first place), you're pretty safe, assuming some discretion and awareness on your part. Especially so since health pools across classes are getting balanced out in Cataclysm where a Warrior at 25% won't have more total current health than a Priest at 40-50% in equal gear.

Going Kenshiro on your SW;D key would be foolish but there is a lot of potential to be very deadly in the right hands. And the PvP community will complain about that.
    +1 for the Kenshiro reference

While I think that the current beta SW;D glyph could be balanced for pvp in cata (I've read about getting ~20+k backlashes in dungeons which is quite a lot even if you got 100k hp) maybe they'll just make it give SW;D a fixed cooldown of 6 seconds (like it had at the start of TBC).

Anyway, my take on the glyphs:

+ Dispersion: AWESOME that this is still in the beta. I haven't seen this glyph listed on other sites so I was worried that it would vanish. One of my favorite glyphs. Dispersion on 2 min cd is sweet, on 1:15 it's awesome especially in pvp (and in pve too, festergut comes to mind).
    - Flashheal: Meh, probably useful but uninspired.
    - Guardian Spirit: old glyph was awesome and would probably be overpowered in the cataclysm healing world. New one is uninspired too.
    - Mindflay: Never understood why this is a glyph when we have a talent that does exactly the same thing (at least on live) that stacks with it.
    - Penance: needed, but still leaves a bad aftertaste in the mouth because of the live penance cooldown nerfs when the glyph was introduced. Riptide is 6 secs cd, Holy shock is 6 secs cd, why can't penance be 6 seconds? (yeah yeah swiftmend is 15 secs)
    + Power Word: Barrier: nice one, though probably a pvp glyph I suppose
    + Power Word: Shield: well it's a good glyph, also nice for shadow pvp, no changes needed.
    + Prayer of Healing: probably gets a lot better in the cata world when the hot suddenly doesn't just overheal. Is prayer still groupwide in beta or does it heal the 4 closest players to your target like circle?
    - Renew: never liked this one
    + Shadow Word: Death: simply awesome
    - Shadow Word: Pain: uninspired to the max

+ Circle of healing: nice that it's not a prime glyph
    + Dispel Magic: awesome as a major glyph. Gives shadow a little bit more passiv heal in pvp too (I love that we're the only dps class that can still defensively dispell)
    + Divine Accuracy: really cool for healers, both pve for manareg and pvp for ze burst and sparing them from specing 7 points into shadow to get the hit. Awesome major glyph.
    + Fade: only useful for shadowpriests in pvp, but then it's really nice, especially as a major.
    - Fear Ward: double meh. Should be a minor glyph IMHO.
    + Holy Nova: probably nice for spamming especially now that holy nova is raidwide (btw, does it heal everyone in range or just 5 random people in range?)
    + Inner Fire: essential pvp glyph.
    + Mass Dispel: nice not having to talent it.
    - Pain Suppression: while awesome in current arena, without the chance to be globaled in a stun it will probably lose a lot of value in cata pvp.
    + Psychic Horror: if this goes live, even as a prime glyph, I'd be the happiest shadowpriest around. Psychic Horror was really really nice on a 1 min cd, with 2 mins I always think "Now's not the time for it, use it later when you REALLY need it" in battlegrounds.
    + Psychic Scream: hell yeah, dungeon CC!
    - Scourge Imprisonment: meh, in pve I usually have enough time to (re-)shackle, in pvp it's only useful against 1 class (would be nice if shackle worked against undead and demons)
    + Smite: nice glyph on live, nice glyph in cata
    - Spirit of Redemption: 6 seconds more death. Meh. at least it's not prime. Could be minor.
    + Spirit Tap: seems sweet for leveling. Though I still hope shadow priest mana in pvp won't turn out like it is on current live (without meditation specced). Dispersion should be an emergency button first in pvp, not a manareg button.

Overall I'm rather happy with this first iteration of the glyphs.

BTW, Kelesti, who's that in your avatar? Looks like Starbuck from BSG
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2010-09-13 at 05:26 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Prime:
    Agree on GS, even nerfed, it's probably one of the best ones. I see Renew being awesome for tank healing since the Heal Chakra will refresh the cooldown, thus you basically get 25% more from it for free; it'll still suck in Renew Chakra since, as we learned from Rapid Rejuv, the shorter duration kinda sucks. The Prayer one will obviously be superior in Prayer Chakra, and probably superior to Wrath simply because the overhealing will be less likely.

So... tank healing, GS/Renew/FH and raid healing probably GS/PoH/FH. I think LW could replace FH in either case, but only if you can actually get your raid to use it.

Major:
    Circle of Healing - I already don't push this on cooldown. But I'd like it to be effective when I do use it. An extra target is always beneficial to this cause.
    Dispel Magic - They're expensive and matter, now, but it's good to not need to lose a Prime Glyph slot for this.
    Divine Accuracy - Go go Evangelism. If I'm running my progression build (without it), this will potentially be Holy Nova, Fade, Fear Ward, Scourge Imprisonment, or Psychic Scream, depending on content. Hell, potentially even Spirit of Redemption (lulz)
    Again, agreed on CoH, even though the spell has been nerfed a little bit, I can't see not using it. I think Dispel is probably also the most typical number two, except for Evangelism/Archangel builds (which will probably want both Divine Accuracy and Smite). As you point out, the third I think can switch out a lot in different situations, maybe something like Psychic Scream, Holy Nova, or even Inner Fire will be typical in most situations, but I can't really see SoR being particularly useful outside of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    BTW, Kelesti, who's that in your avatar? Looks like Starbuck from BSG
    It's been Starbuck in one form or another for like 3 1/2 months now. I'd have thought the signature, the liberal use of the word "frak" and the old picture would've been a dead giveaway. Guess not.

15+ Year Old Account
    D'oh. I didn't even read your signature and I've just come back from taking some months off from the forums
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!