Is it possible to have my golds back?

Ok here is my problem:

An in game friend asked to lend him some golds cause he just had his ench/jc profs maxed and he was out of gold.
    For the last 1month we were doing together hc achievemens, icc 10 pugs etc.
    So he asked me for about 10k golds.

This ammount of g is not smt important for me cause i have 8chars lvl 80 with every prof maxed so it is not rare to have at my mail box 5-8 k golds per day if i want to do some farming.
    considering this and the fact that i was at about 70k g atm he asked my help i gave him 10k g.

He was going to play the ah with jc and ench mats recipes etc.
    Indeed he did it for 3-4 days but then he was kicked out of his guild.
    Since then he is offline.i don't know if his game card run out, if he stopped wow or if he is playing a new char.

I don't really need the golds neither i want him to be banned or smt like this but i think was really bad from his side to go away without even saying i am sorry or smt like this.
    I don't like to be treated like this and to be sure in case he wasn't giving the g back i took screenshots with what we said and with the trade windows etc.

If i make a ticket to a gm and asking to restore my g would be possible to do it? and am i in danger of getting a ban? cause a guy that i asked in game said it is not legit to lend money to ppl so they can play the ah and you will get banned for some time.

Please help if you know

No you won't get banned, the only people they really ban are for being linked to goldsellers or for "exploiting" the economy like buying a whole server's worth of ench mats and gouging people or something. You won't get the gold back most likely, the GMs can't enforce anything unless perhaps you came up with really really specifically stated terms for the loan... if you did maybe it could be considered scamming but from your post sounds more like a "hey m8 can i borrow some gold" scenario.

Best bet is to cut the loss and learn a valuable life lesson, lending and borrowing among friends is an extremely easy way to lose them. There's a line in Hamlet about it or something =P

Deleted
    You can't get banned for giving someone gold to play the AH, or playing the AH, that's what the AH is there for to buy and to sell and the GMs don't care at what prices you are doing it, it's up to other players what the server economy is.

But you won't get your money back, there's no legal binding agreement, once you hit that trade button it's gone. Unless you can prove that you were actually scammed out of the gold with chat logs where he says "give me 10k gold and I will mail you this item right now" then perhaps they would do something, but if it was just "Pay me back when you can..." you're going to have to wait for him to log on.

Can't hurt to try anyway if you really want to but I don't think they can do anything for you.