Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Back in Vanilla, pets actually had unique stats. The Bloodseeker had absurdly fast attack for breaking casters, and was also massively massive for blocking vision, making him a prime choice for PvP. Takk the Leaper ran at like triple epic mount speed, making him an absolute killer in the 10-19 twink days, running clean across WSG and tearing a flag carrier to pieces. Plenty of pets had quirks that could be used, and pets were a lot more interesting back then. Having to tame beasts to learn moves to train to your other pets was interesting and fun, imho.

Point being, yes, there used to be a reason to document every pet other than just for looks. Although, plenty of people still love hunting for certain skins, so petopia lives on, just as popular as ever =)
    I remember camping Broken Tooth in Badlands for hours. Right before I logged one night I saw him and started running to him, just to be beat by another hunter, one of several 100 in the area, or so it seemed.

You also had to teach your pet moves. So if you had a wolf it didn't know growl. You had to tame a bear, learn growl and get his trust up to 100%, finally learn the move, get the wolf out and teach it to the wolf.

And only certain pets of certain families could learn a special move or something. I think I had to teach my wolf bite from a turtle or something weird. However the wolf couldn't learn charge so taming a boar to teach him that was worthless. It was kinda odd and clunky at times.
    I believe that's how it went, been a very long time.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Yeah, but what's the point in taming those beasts when you can tame a mother fucking seagul?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zunZChZOs1o
    LOL, sigh, TB is so full of win

. Having to tame beasts to learn moves to train to your other pets was interesting and fun, imho.
    Very much this =]
    I remember when everyone just HAD to have Bangalash, before they made rare / elite mobs the same as others.

Deleted
    Back in Vanilla, pets actually had unique stats. The Bloodseeker had absurdly fast attack for breaking casters, and was also massively massive for blocking vision, making him a prime choice for PvP. Takk the Leaper ran at like triple epic mount speed, making him an absolute killer in the 10-19 twink days, running clean across WSG and tearing a flag carrier to pieces. Plenty of pets had quirks that could be used, and pets were a lot more interesting back then. Having to tame beasts to learn moves to train to your other pets was interesting and fun, imho.

Point being, yes, there used to be a reason to document every pet other than just for looks. Although, plenty of people still love hunting for certain skins, so petopia lives on, just as popular as ever =)
    Ah, the good old days. I remember I was leveling my Hunter alt, and I *LOVED* taming Rare Spawns, for no other reason than they were Rare Spawns. I was hunting the Rare Wolf Lupos in Duskwood for like 2 Hours, and I finally got him, then realised all his melee attacks did shadow damage for some reason. Then all the hunters in my guild/that I had spoke to tried to get him for PvP after I mentioned it.

Looking forward to firing up my Hunter alt again in Cata. I loved playing him in TBC, and got really bored with him in WoTLK, but Cata is looking like it'll be great fun to play again.

I'm really enjoying levelling one in the beta. As BM all I do is spam arcane shot and kill command, which would normally sound really boring, but it's been a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hunter news has been good, but now I have a question:

Pets in live have two attacks, the generic bite/scratch which is the focus dump and then the special ability.

So in Cata, they'll have the generic bite/scratch and the special(s) which no longer do damage? That seems a bit odd. I would assume that most pets would have 1 focus dump, one special attack and one special buff and if you are an exotic pet, 1 raid buff. Did I miss something? Or is the Pet Talent Trees much better and there are more moves in there?

I'm not complaining, but our pets only using one damaging attack sounds foreign.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter