Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Instance OR Quest levelling in cata

Cata is going to be out soon and i was thinking how me and my guildies could level as fast as possible so that we can raid etc. Will levelling in a group in instances be faster than questing.

Has anyone got any data on how much exp each instance gives and how long it takes???

ty =]

Instances in my experience (coulda been the grps because they werent exemplar) took 40 minutes to an hour and gave a substansial amount of experience. Questing is NOT hard though, 30 minutes in Hyjal and i was 25% of the way to 81. Whichever you find more fun, I personally will just be queueing as I experience the lore and epicness on live in Vashjr, Hyjal and Highlands/Uldum. Those last 2 sound and look so awesome that I havent gone there on beta yet because I want surprizes (qq if you will)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

I think questing will win out this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeadot View Post
    I think questing will win out this time.
    Unless you're stuck in L2P mode.. lol. My pally's getting her ass kicked in Hyjal. Prot pally, so survivability isn't a huge issue, but her DPS is laughable until I can wrap my head around all the class changes. (I've only just started in beta, I haven't had much practice).

I've always been more of a quester, though. Seems like more of a progression, actually playing the game instead of just grinding out XP. Especially since I'll be grinding out badges once I ding 85.

I don't mind either way i just know that leveling in wrath doing dungeons over and over was the fastest way =]

Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    Unless you're stuck in L2P mode.. lol. My pally's getting her ass kicked in Hyjal. Prot pally, so survivability isn't a huge issue, but her DPS is laughable until I can wrap my head around all the class changes. (I've only just started in beta, I haven't had much practice).
    Just spam buttons as they light up, you'll figure it out. And when you do Prot is awesomely more fun than on live (IMO)

I think both in good combo, i will want to do each instance at least once when lvling, and doing quests now will be four times as fast ;p
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say do quests, yet every now and then do the instances. You get good exp from quests (and quite good in instances), while you may get some nice blues when you go in the instances.
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

I'll just be cruisin' on down Hyjal and the rest of the zones questing while I'm queued as DPS in LFG. So, that would give me somewhere around 15-20 mins. between queues to quest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Until people learn the new dungeons, definitely questing. Pugs are going to be wipefests. And unless they add some tabards for the new factions, questing will give you a lot of the rep you need for the new helm/shoulder enchants and other rep rewards.

what i wouldnt mind knowing is what kind of Exp would you get for shashing out a old WotLK Heroic cause if it was worth it you could hit up 2-4 Heroics in a hour. say hit most of them up then quest after there done?

Quest will take instance leveling because you don't know if your going to get a slow group or a fast group, a group filled with experience players or not. A group that can do the instance or not.

Questing will give a steady stream of exp while instances will be unpredictable. You also need to find the new instance dungeons first before you can que for them. Taking up more time for questing

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Questing, and when friends are online some instance-runs.
    No way I'm gonna do pugs for a while, until everyone learns to handle the new type of trash, since it's changing from the mindless aoe-fest.
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are their so many threads about this? I think majority said Questing. Leveling in instances will be horrible, no body knows fights, wipes on all bosses, and LESS Exp than questing. Better to just quest through everything, imo.

Questing is alot faster. The only way instance leveling can compete with quests is if you can turn in all quests from that certain instance and that will only happen once. With minimal wipes that is.

I Respectfully disagree. I am making my own 5-man group that will be spamming dungeons ASAP. We have a very experienced group and we have watched all the tankspots/videos for the new dungeons already. Not only will it give us good xp, it will give us very nice gear AND give us experience with the new dungeons so we are ready for Heroics as soon as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    My pattern is to clear all the quests in a zone, and then do the dungeon. Move on to next zone, and repeat.

Deleted
    i gonna be queued for instances from 83-85, but will be doing mindless killing from 80->85 really. This is ofc as warlock.

Seeing every1 "cry" about wiping in the new instances, its

1) only natural since its new content
    2) either u die in normal or HC, - does it really matter?
    Last edited by mmoc299e5269a3; 2010-10-19 at 11:29 PM. Reason: clearly not enuff txt

Beta XP gains are massivly inflated, if you hav a good, competent group who knows tacts, u can faceroll blackrock caverns and Throne of tides in 30mins, and on Beta it was givng half a level of XP.

I am thinking that if you hav a solid group to go into instances quick, then 80 -> 81 -> 82 wil be faster in instances, (yes you wont get half a level of XP in live servers, but i stil reckon 20-25% of a level) then once ur at 82, the crowd wil have gotten ahead and u can jump behind them questing the rest of the way. with some dungeons mixed in.

I plan on questing. the main reason for this, I dont wanna run all the dungeons 500 times to get to 85, than start running them another 500 times to get gear. We are going to have along time to run these dungeons so theres no point in getting burned on them as fast as possible. Plus with all the content and finally being able to see Hyjal I dont know why anyone would want to hid eout in dungeons. If it takes me 1 day longer to quest to 85, thats fine with me, my raid spot is already secured for cata ;D

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"