Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Right, why couldn't they do the DPS + utility with a larger tree? Having a smaller tree makes each point more valuable, and even with utility options, there's going to be obvious picks as it is now.
    Well the obvious picks are obvious, they're just too expensive and don't leave the points over to pick up the utility. Not that there's much by way of utility there to pick up if the talents were cheaper. As I say, some trees have 42 points worth of talents in them, ours only have 37 (Although I will empahsis we're not totally unique in that, but only Balance and Beast Mastery are equally starved, Priest Holy has as few as 36 to choose from).

The real sucker is that they say they want us to be viable for PvP in a PvE spec, simple fact is now that Destruction and Demonology need Mana Feed, Demonic Embrace, Demonic Aegis, and Dark Arts for DPS; that leaves nothing over to pick up Nether Ward, Aftermath, Aura of Forboding or Imp. Health Funnel. Insofar as Destruction is concerned it's taken several steps back in terms of 'talent points leftover to spend as you choose', and Demonology is exactly where it's been since Wrath launched. Affliction is the same story, different missing talents. That Destruction is able to pick these up to compensate shows Demonology: the reason LT was buffed in 3.3 because of it's mana inefficiency, is going to continue to be gimped by the same problem.

I think the most ironic thing is that while Demonic Embrace will improve our Mana returns, it'll also increase how much we need to be healed - it goes completely against the whole intention of the changes.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-09-12 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartikeya View Post
    Tbh I'm actually one of the few locks who seem to be perfectly happy working with only one demon - namely the Felguard. Heck, Felguard was the reason I picked demonology and haven't looked back ever since; imp is annoying, voidwalker is ok, but he's a "tank", not damage, succubus is... well, ok, but not as cool as felguard and felpuppy is boring (I'm talking style/coolness factor here, not actually dps here

I wouldn't mind swapping demons for some trash for additional CC or something, but to raid with non-felguard... eugh I love my felguard. The fact I'm more than happy working with only one pet does not change the fact warlock trees, especially demo, do not seem to know where they're going. We have some AoE and some PvP and... what else? When I look at demo tree I don't really see "interesting choices" but rather "do I have to pick this or THIS boring talent I won't probably need just to get further in the tree". Now when our utility talents really affect our dps it's even worse. I've always thought that survival talents are not useless for dps (after all, dead dps does not do dps at all!), but this is a bit too much. Just where is Blizzard going with this? I am not afraid of change, at one point I was eagerly waiting for new stuff, but now I'm just not sure if Blizzard knows the best.

</QQ>
    This is exactly my point. No offense to you, but if we actually had a plethora of demons to choose from, the felguard wouldn't be all that impressive, especially not compared to a shivarra or a beholder :P
    I mean the felguard was pretty epic back in BC, but two expansion packs later? It lacks much to be desired. If we could customize him in certain ways, like change his weapons, coloring, or even his form it would be really nice. Blizzard should give warlocks something nice since they've broken Fear, took away 2/3 of our DoTs, killed us as the "debuff" class, and screwed up pet+master synergy. Throw us a bone blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I might've misunderstood you then. I'm all for other warlocks using other pets - pets they like - as long as I am not forced to swap my demonology-specialty pet; demonology is about demons and to me it makes sense they use the strongest demon over lesser ones; what's the point of having "unique" demon if we only use it, say, 1/5 of the time? Especially if Felguard is for AoE and Cata is not supposed to be about AoE at all :/

Anyway, Blizzard, if you're gonna screw up our talent trees at least bribe us with some eye candy ie. updated / slightly customizable demons so we are at least distracted.

Also this is now a bit off-topic, I'm sorry.