Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easy way to solve the "lore inconsistency" people are complaining about.

You know the whole Outlands and Northrend time lines not making sense with the new Cataclysm content.

Move the entrances to the Outlands and Northrend to the Caverns of Time. :P that easy, problem solved xD

*In case some of the slower members of the site read this... it's a joke*

I can't deliver the maghar letter to Thrall, and therefore can't do like 20 quests in HFP. Gief caverns of time Orgrimmar, too.

Better yet just have chromie waiting around the dark portal/northrend zeppelins and just say

"shit be wack, yo"

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I can't deliver the maghar letter to Thrall, and therefore can't do like 20 quests in HFP. Gief caverns of time Orgrimmar, too.
    Thrall is still in Orgrimmar, he's just underground; literally, he's under ground. As far as being able to turn a quest into him, I don't know if you'd be able to.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

And Garrosh is also standing in Nagrand being emo at a fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Better yet just have chromie waiting around the dark portal/northrend zeppelins and just say

"shit be wack, yo"
    this ^^^ or when you die release spirit turns into time paradox

15+ Year Old Account
    The best way to solve the lore inconsistancies is through phasing, time warps, lapses in story. Our characters story lapses all the time, do you think they just sit in stormwind for 3 weeks while we are on vacation? no they run around, go to stores, fornicate and such, its just off camera stuff. This is how it should be seen in the death knights case, it happened a long while ago. Goblins existed, worgen existed, people just want the definite answer straight up. There are time lapses in video games, get over it, it will happen and there is nothing you can do to stop it unless you are emmersed into the game through all 5 of your sences i.e. dot.hack

10+ Year Old Account
    Have mage ports to Shattrath spawn a bronze dragonkin.

"shit be wack, yo"
    I lol'ed

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    fornicate
    Easier than you'd imagine to find chicks into walking corpses on azeroth.
    Last edited by placeholdername; 2010-09-12 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Godamn PTR client is lagging firefox. Doublepost'd

15+ Year Old Account
    Easier than you'd imagine to find chicks into walking corpses on azeroth.

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 06:26 AM ----------

Easier than you'd imagine to find chicks into undead on azeroth.
    Okay, bad example but you get it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnatiaSpiritfield View Post
    And Garrosh is also standing in Nagrand being emo at a fire.
    That will probably end up getting removed, just like how they removed the Battle for the Undercity and all the parts of that questline that required you to go to Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

The questline will probably be similar, but may no longer involve Garrosh, and probably won't include the parts of the quest where you have to go speak to Thrall.

Also, Thrall is going to be appearing at the Throne of the Elements in Nagrand as part of a new Cataclysm quest, but I don't know if that will be phased or not.

As for the lore inconsitency, I have my own explanations that I'll keep in mind if you care to use them:

Outland: Time-space distorted around Azeroth due to the Cataclysm and the thrusting of the Elemental Planes into reality. As a result, traveling through the Dark Portal causes you to arrive in Outland before you left, similar to the way light refracts through water.

Northrend: Just like in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, in which Arthas hibernated and caused a big psychic storm across Northrend while dreaming about his life, Northrend is now covered by Bolvar's psychic storm. When you travel to Northrend, Bolvar is dreaming about everything that lead up to him becoming the Lich King, so you're reliving his memories of everything that happened during the Scourgewar.

Edit: Also, just dropping this in here. Blizzard's devs have expressed interest in going back and revamping the content in Outland and Northrend, though we might not see this happen until the next expansion.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2010-09-12 at 06:35 AM.

"shit be wack, yo"

Screw my idea I want this

Linear time can't exist in an ongoing massive project like World of Warcraft. And anyway, the breaking of traditional linear timed story telling is an advantage in interactive multimedia narratives with a range of sources of canonical lore; time is fragmented so events in time can be shifted to create new arks, e.g. worgen/goblin(dks). Linear is so 1990.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the story of warcraft is fine, when playing it in-game you start to see issues, asking for both to be perfect is lunacy. it's a game. stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzman View Post
    the story of warcraft is fine, when playing it in-game you start to see issues, asking for both to be perfect is lunacy. it's a game. stop crying.
    Actually I'm not crying I'm making fun of those who are. Personally I don't care about it because I won't be spending any time in the Outlands or Northrend any time soon. I'm going straight for 85 the second I log in.

Most WoW players don't care about lore to begin with. Outland and Northrend taking place before EK/Kalimdor isn't going to bother them at all, if they're even realize it to begin with.

The players who do care about lore will figure it out. Honestly, it's not that complicated.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Actually I'm not crying I'm making fun of those who are. Personally I don't care about it because I won't be spending any time in the Outlands or Northrend any time soon. I'm going straight for 85 the second I log in.
    Sorry, I wasn't talking 100% to you, I was more aimed at the people who are saying that blizzard is simply an establishment full of bumbling idiots that can't tell a story. When the only proof they have is a small contradiction that was pointed out by blizzard employees. (Still not talking about you, just to clear that up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharion the Black View Post
    YES YOU LINKED IT !! lol seeing that made me want to listen to the song.