Poll: Will Enhance Be Fixed Before Cata?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Searing will attack whichever target has Flame Shock on it
    ya, i understand that part...they've also said searing will prefer targets w/ flame shock and the stormstrike debuff. so what you're saying is it'll prioritize the target w/ flame shock over a target w/ just stormstrike?

and, are you actively playing an enhance shammy in the beta, i.e., you've tested this yourself? if not, please don't respond to what i feel is a valid question.

Deleted

Cool off-topic for a moment

Actually, i didnt mind the pope analogy as he is a medievil conservative twat. Ghostcrawler is quite a ways from being quite that bad however lol. maybe once the trolls make him lose his marbles eventually. he is just mainly a figurehead eventually and not completely responsible for every change.

id like just the one defensive cd for pvp, we get ours yoked to existing abilities through the new glyphs (goes for enhance and ele), but blizz falls over itself giving rogues a new one and improving their old ones if, god forbid, they cant global someone in a few stuns with the supposedly less bursty cata environment. i actually miss enhance, havent played since i was levelling. is haste going to affect searing? (if not, why not? it should imo). what happens if you have two flame shocks up? again i wouldnt mind reasoning behind the stoneclaw and ghostwolf nerfs, otherwise they look like just being a bastard for no reason lol. i mean stoneclaw, cmon, it sucks already and thats us having to glyph it first.

Elemental point: i totally object to having to pick up more totem range to bring it in line with other spells too, i dont mind 3 points in my tree for range, but an extra 2 just to stay out there with searing is daft. the talent should be an upgrade on range for spread out fights, so you dont have to worry about positioning your totems as much, not mandatory. if it stays shorter, ill probly just stand a little closer and spend the points elsewhere anyway ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post
    All i see in this thread is a bunch of undergeared enh shaman with broken keyboards. Apparently the Q key stuck thing is an epidemic. My dps is fine Grant it im not in 100% bis but im at 6kgs and im rarely out dps'ed The only place i see any issue is in my pvp gear and spec with 1100 res i feel squishy.
    Lol, funny how far off you are. Be nearly BiS playing with people the same gear/skill level as you and see where you are on the meters. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    The Warrior class?
    i´d agree with you if we´d be talking about wotlk, where shaman and warriors are pretty much at the pvp barrel bottom. however with cata, warrior seems to see quite some love.

just noticed this (didn´t pay much attention to that):

static shock procs 45% chance from ll and ss. isn´t that a nerf? in a 2 minute fight, you will have 10 lava lashes and 15 stormstrikes. => 25 chances to proc static shock. with a 45% chance to proc we may expect 12 procs.
    i dont know how it´s with you, but i have to refresh lightning shield (9 charges) every no and then, so im pretty sure we will lose charges.

even assuming lightning shield will be able to crit (stormstrike tooltip change to 25% crit chance), having a maybe 40% chance to do 150% static shock damage is unlikely do offset the loss of several procs.

oh and it doesnt scale at all, since cooldowns are set in stone, whereas wotlk static shock was a flat 6% chance, benefittting from haste. i guess in pvp, it could come out better, but in pve, it´d be a nerf. does that mean static shock is now more of a pvp talent?

anyone here with a log counting lightning shield procs during a icc fight?; cata static shock nerfed? /discuss
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-09-15 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    however with cata, warrior seems to see quite some love.
    May I ask what warrior changes you are referring to that indicate "quite some love" for pvp warriors? THE signature warrior ability, Mortal Strike, is no longer a signature ability (although hunters even have a ranged version) but some debuff that many classes have and most can apply it on range so our healing debuff (and that of rogues) will be inferior. Arms received a 5 second stun, which is ok, and all warrior specs a 2minute cooldown 25yard gapcloser that I consider to be mediocre. Heroic leap won't be a big deal because all casters are zerging you from a 40yard range and we already have 3 mobility spells (intercept, charge, intervene) to close gaps.

So the 2 new abilities we gain pvp-wise are not uber bad, but more of the same and I doubt it will have a significant impact in pvp. And it is definitely not on par with the new tools other classes are gaining which will surely benefit their pvp utility (smokebomb, bloodlust, camo, dark simulacrum, spiritwalker's grace for example).

So from my point of view, not much is changing for pvp warriors and it will all depend on how our damage is tuned. If damage is low, we'll suck as we did in season5. Or maybe we'll need super duper pve hero gear again to be a strong pvp class (like it is now: shadowmourne/DBW/pve arp gear = you win, else you fail). In short, warrior balance seems to be revolved around damage and our teams ability to keep us on our target (paladin freedom yo) because all we bring to the table is damage.

PvP wise, I would rather have pummel in battle stance or something to protect myself from constant CC spam by ranged classes. This late in the beta stage though, nothing new will be added and we can only hope they can balance warrior damage (which would be a first xD)

sad to hear that. i´ve never looked much at warriors myself, all i heard of where many players choosing to play warrior in cata. if there´s one class in wotlk gimped aside shamans, it´s warriors for sure.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post
    Less buffs to keep up and less buttons to press = more time to keep focused on dps and interrupting
    = Less reason to bring you and more reason to bring the class with better DPS the same buffs, oh yeah enhance is fine now, but I am worried about Cata, I don't feel like being left in the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by jstoberl View Post
    Besides the survivability will work itself out anyways I'm on beta in 83 quest blues and greens and I'm around 73K HP.
    I don't even want to respond to the rest of your post, it's just ignorant. This really ruffles my feathers though.
    First of all, you're providing no point of reference. If you're going to give a number like that you should also include various other melee classes' HP at the same level. That aside, Blizzard has already said that (and you can see it in the crafted items) health pools are going to largely be the same; so there is literally no point in saying what you said here.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    anyone here with a log counting lightning shield procs during a icc fight?; cata static shock nerfed? /discuss
    I am pretty sure it is a pve nerf, when bloodlust is up it feels like I refresh LS 2-3 times, just during lust. I may be wrong but I am positive it's a nerf.

Edit: Yeah I just checked logs on a recent Saurfang kill, I got 47 proc's in a 2:22 minute fight.
    Last edited by DistortionSleep; 2010-09-16 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    I am pretty sure it is a pve nerf, when bloodlust is up it feels like I refresh LS 2-3 times, just during lust. I may be wrong but I am positive it's a nerf.
    if the numbers are tuned i think itll feel better, more oomph to your skills rather than a weaker proc now and then. still a bit rng-y tho. will be nice to see our shields crit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Yeah I just checked logs on a recent Saurfang kill, I got 47 proc's in a 2:22 minute fight.
    47 non crit procs vs 28procs, of which maybe 40% will be crits (150% dmg) => 16non-crit/12crit
    4700% dmg vs roughly 3400% dmg ~ 28% dmg nerf ( napkin math )

The Lightning shield change though a buff to PvP is a nerf to PvE. The fact is that even though early numbers might make it equal to the live version is not important because it won't benefit from haste thus gimping our scaling. It's just sad that even the buffs are masked and are a nerf to Enhance in some way.

Can't we just get a plain and simple buff, is that too much to ask?
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.