Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

PTR: Dwarf Shamans

I searched, and could find no answer.
    Does anyone know why Dwarf Shamans are currently not in the PTR?
    -Parickstarr

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    I searched, and could find no answer.
    Does anyone know why Dwarf Shamans are currently not in the PTR?
    -Parickstarr
    All of the new class combination are not available until cataclysm. The point of this PTR is to test out the talents, and changes that are implemented for our classes at level 80 and to see if they need to be fixed. I do share your disappointment that they aren't allowing us to try out the new class combos but we are very close to cataclysm so just hang in there a little more. Hopefully this helped.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

They aren't implemented yet. Basically (from what I understand from the front page) only the class changes are in the PTR currently.

It isn't -just- class changes, they implemented the whole pre-patch, and with that comes the old world, class changes, talent trees, etc.

All that will most likely be tested as the PTR goes on.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thank you very much for the quick responses.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by deathmetalzf View Post
    All of the new class combination are not available until cataclysm. The point of this PTR is to test out the talents, and changes that are implemented for our classes at level 80 and to see if they need to be fixed. I do share your disappointment that they aren't allowing us to try out the new class combos but we are very close to cataclysm so just hang in there a little more. Hopefully this helped.
    Not true, they WILL come with the pre-cata patch.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

No they won't, Blizzard changed their minds.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunyaa View Post
    No they won't, Blizzard changed their minds.
    Any proof besides an imcomplete ptr patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not Death but I was thinking if only beta players can see changes that come for everyone with or without cata I almost swear they said old world class changes were coming with or without the expansion(GAMESCON interviews) because it is a lore change not a cataclysm change or something like that. Plus big boss or grey fox?
    Last edited by private420; 2010-09-12 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    PTR is not quite awesome yet.

Zones have not been updated. You can't create worgen/goblin. No new class/race combinations yet. Everything sucks, and is stupid. Nothing is new, only the interface. It's just like normal WoW, but lags.

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooStu View Post
    PTR = Cataclysm?
    And... no.

Quote Originally Posted by private420 View Post
    Maybe not Death but I was thinking if only beta players can see changes that come for everyone with or without cata I almost swear they said old world class changes were coming with or without the expansion(GAMESCON interviews) because it is a lore change not a cataclysm change or something like that. Plus big boss or grey fox?
    I know, I'm a bit confused as everyone else. But our best bet is to wait and see private. Perhaps we may get lucky as they continue to work on this PTR!

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Any proof besides an imcomplete ptr patch?
    Cba to look for it, but they said it during Gamescon, or whatever it was called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angranity View Post
    PTR is not quite awesome yet.

Zones have not been updated. You can't create worgen/goblin. No new class/race combinations yet. Everything sucks, and is stupid. Nothing is new, only the interface. It's just like normal WoW, but lags.

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 09:52 PM ----------

And... no.
    Actually, new talents are in too, as are things like the hunter's focus. You're right about the rest though

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I'm a bit confused as everyone else. But our best bet is to wait and see private. Perhaps we may get lucky as they continue to work on this PTR!
    yep I hope so, what else are we going to do with a month before launch, no one is going to want to see most the new quests unless it is on a new class combo why waste the fun on something that is not new.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cba to look for it, but they said it during Gamescon, or whatever it was called.
    Actually what they said, was that before the expansion itself launches, we will receive new class combos and new 1-60 content, and possibly archaeology, not the other way around

Actually what they said, was that before the expansion itself launches, we will receive new class combos and new 1-60 content, and possibly archaeology, not the other way around
    lol at ppl with bad reading comp
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

Yes, about a week before the expansion. Prior to this we will have the game system changes (pre-81 skill/talent/UI changes, etc.) and possibly more starting event material. Patch 4.0.1 is this patch.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    lol at ppl with bad reading comp
    Tom Chilton said it himself at Gamescom:
    "The new race / class combos and 1-60 content will be available before World of Warcraft: cataclysm launches."
    Source: http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/17...pot-interview/
    Video: http://wow.battlenet.pl/portal/wow/1..._Gamescom.html

If you misinterpret that statement to say otherwise then you're the one with bad reading comprehension, or you were just trolling.

If anyone can find a more recent statement with a source that says otherwise, feel free to do so.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

It isn't -just- class changes, they implemented the whole pre-patch, and with that comes the old world, class changes, talent trees, etc.

All that will most likely be tested as the PTR goes on.
    Notice I used the words "yet" and "currently".