Paladins no longer to have mana bar?!

Hello there, excuse me because, I haven't been up to date lately, but does that change mean that paladins are no longer going to have a mana bar? That's kinda game changing so I put it in General Discussions forum.

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Paladins now have a new resource bar.

Could somebody explain? Thanks in advance.

Holy power is the new bar, mana is not gone however.

10+ Year Old Account
    im pretty curious too bud! cuz i play pally
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

15+ Year Old Account
    Paladins now have a secondary resource called Holy Power to manage. It has various ways to generate and each spec has different ways to use it. You can learn more about it by scouring some beta information.

EDIT: They still do have a mana bar though. The Holy Power bar resembles the new Warlock soul shard bar and rests under your mana bar.
    Last edited by Rilec; 2010-09-12 at 08:24 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    They have holy power as "combo point" for some skill.
    Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?

Ohh that's really nice! What are your thoughts on that? Have anybody experienced that? Is that like some sort of combo points system for retribution dps spec just like ferals and rogues have or for every spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like Dk with rune power & runes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    Now that's a troll, Vol'jin could ghost Jesus without God noticing, he's a shadow's shadow.
    Vol'jin for Warchief 2010

Deleted
    Crusader strike = one holy charge, ammount of holy charges effect damage of Templars Verdict and length of Inquisition. Basically, pala's have some kind of rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Crusader strike = one holy charge, ammount of holy charges effect damage of Templars Verdict and length of Inquisition. Basically, pala's have some kind of rotation.
    Hell, It's about time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your sig is.. How do I say it.. What's opposite of "looking legit"?

Combo Points is a better analogy than runes, because they do not generate with time. It gives all 3 specs (tho primarily Ret) a secondary resource to manage, and an area where paladins can show skill by using it wisely. In the current game, the ret rotation leaves very little room for skilled paladins to shine on dps compared to less skilled paladins, and this will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by darein View Post
    Ohh that's really nice! What are your thoughts on that? Have anybody experienced that? Is that like some sort of combo points system for retribution dps spec just like ferals and rogues have or for every spec?
    It's for all paladin specs... as it's been said it's a resource system similar to a rogue or feral druids combo points, in addition to the mana... you will have to manage both now for any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by darein View Post
    It's for every spec.
    Retribution will mainly use their new main ability (available at level 10 when choosing ret) Templers Verdict to use up Holy Power (but also to keep up inquisition, a major mandatory selfbuff for 30% more holy damage). Their mastery will also revolve around holy power
    Protection will use it for Holy Shield and Shield of the Righteous (I think...that changed so often?)
    Holy will use it for Word of Glory, a new heal spell that uses holy power and is available to all specs but most potent for holy (even though there are some minor/situational buffs in ret)

Generally it was mainly added to give ret a less "faceroll" reputation, but they gave it a use for the other specs too.
    It normally generates via Crusaders Strike or Holy Shock but there are certain talents to generate it in different ways, especially for ret.

In contrast to combo points, holy power is a selfbuff, so it isn't wasted if you switch target.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

New mechanic, you build up holy power (Max 3) and you use it with certain skills. Functions kind of like combo points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.